Client Patch Notes - R55 (Live 6/9)

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited June 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
This one went into and came out of the cooker faster than we were expecting on the first party end, apologize for no Upcoming Preview this time around. It's largely a bunch of quality of life fixes with one major neat feature for the UI in showing points gains, so there's nothing in here that should have been rife for pre-release talking about in any case.

Gameplay
    - Skip costs for retaliations have been removed - Fixed an issue where if a Special tile changed ownership, then changed back again, it would still count for the team that stole ownership originally

Characters
    - Hawkeye (Modern): Avoid
    - Hawkeye is now more cautious when he uses his Avoid ability. He will no longer jump to the front when the team is hit by an full team damaging ability when he is in the middle position in the current battle line-up.
- Daredevil (Classic): All abilities
    - Traps will now trigger properly when they are matched but otherwise cannot be re-placed due to having not enough of that color tiles on the board.
- Ares (Dark Avengers): Sunder
    - The Countdown tile will now properly disappear when Ares falls in battle due to using this ability.
- The following abilities will no longer be usable and take up AP if the applicable tiles are not available for the ability to be effective when fired:
    - Human Torch (Classic): Inferno - Black Panther (Man Without Fear): Battle Plan - Sentry (Dark Avengers): Sacrifice - Daredevil (Classic): Radar Sense, Equalizer, Ambush
- Characters will now properly take damage from their own powers if abilities are used that damage themselves while they are Invisible

UI
    - Events with points that lower when cleared now display a timer in the mission info screen as to when the points will be at maximum again

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    - Skip costs for retaliations have been removed

Good. This is necessary when wading through a bunch of 3-point and 5-point retaliations in order to find the pony in the pile of horsetinykitty.

Events with points that lower when cleared now display a timer in the mission info screen as to when the points will be at maximum again

Also good, as it makes things a little more transparent as to refreshes.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thanks for removing the skip tax!
  • Unknown
    Options
    This looks like a very welcome set of changes. The Sunder bug - FINALLY!!!!
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Meh I probably must be the only one who is not happy with the timer for refreshes - now the grinding of points will become insane, since people will now actually wait instead of clearing nodes every 20-40 minutes ;>
  • Unknown
    Options
    JessyC01 wrote:
    Thanks for removing the skip tax!

I don't think it's been removed entirely - just for retaliations.
  • Unknown
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    Meh I probably must be the only one who is not happy with the timer for refreshes - now the grinding of points will become insane, since people will now actually wait instead of clearing nodes every 20-40 minutes ;>

I have a suspicion that they implemented this because of the new refresh method of 2h 24m. Since this seems to be a refresh timer for everything now, it is nice to have it displayed. For veterans one less thing to keep in mind (no actual change). Unless you are afraid that masses who dont come to the forums will become more competitive and make it harder for you icon_e_smile.gif
  • morgh
    Options
    vetheran wrote:
    morgh wrote:

I have a suspicion that they implemented this because of the new refresh method of 2h 24m. Since this seems to be a refresh timer for everything now, it is nice to have it displayed. For veterans one less thing to keep in mind (no actual change). Unless you are afraid that masses who dont come to the forums will become more competitive and make it harder for you icon_e_smile.gif
    Ummm, yeah? You don't?
  • Unknown
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

- The following abilities will no longer be usable and take up AP if the applicable tiles are not available for the ability to be effective when fired:

- Black Panther (Man Without Fear): Battle Plan

Wait, does that mean that if you don't have 15 enviro, it won't lay down the one strike tile?
  • Unknown
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

- Black Panther (Man Without Fear): Battle Plan

Wait, does that mean that if you don't have 15 enviro, it won't lay down the one strike tile?

More likely "if there are no open yellow tiles, don't fire off".

Like when you try to use "recharge" from IM40 with no yellow tiles available.
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    all very good news. Sunder! Retal Skips! Hooray!

Does this count as Hawkeye's update or are there still improvements on the table for him?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I like the black panther and similar changes.

Small changes....I'm expecting the big one to hit next week (hawkeye and c.mags rework/buff and nerf)
  • Unknown
    Options
    Cragger wrote:
    all very good news. Sunder! Retal Skips! Hooray!

Does this count as Hawkeye's update or are there still improvements on the table for him?

LOL that would be the most worthless buff ever. I hope that is not what they had planned.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A nice set of small changes, and certainly several things that have been mentioned a lot on the forums. Thanks for listening to us!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thanks for the retaliation skip tax removal, that was an annoyance. Thumbs up for pretty much all the rest too.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Retal skips for free. Thank you!
  • Unknown
    Options
    how much longer for daken to be added to heroic packs!!!!
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Appreciate the free retaliation skips. icon_cool.gif
  • morgh
    Options
    Just updating to R55 made my magneto/Hood node jump from 180 to 280...

This surely cannot be intended :O
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    Just updating to R55 made my magneto/Hood node jump from 180 to 280...

This surely cannot be intended :O

Yeah, my enemy levels on this node and others jumped up, too... that's not good.
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Pjoe0211 wrote:
    how much longer for daken to be added to heroic packs!!!!

Its been over three weeks already, I believe he was released May 14th so he should be out already...Kinda annoyed that is not the case yet.

Oh and Swiftkey still broken in alliance chat...