Client Patch Notes - R55 (Live 6/9)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I haven't updated and just now the sunder CD tile disappear correctly.. Weird icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Dark Avengers): Sunder
      - The Countdown tile will now properly disappear when Ares falls in battle due to using this ability.
    - The following abilities will no longer be usable and take up AP if the applicable tiles are not available for the ability to be effective when fired:

This would appear to be a lie. As I have a ares sunder tile on the board and a dead ares against me. (Second time since the patch, though I wanted to see it on screen with certainty before I posted).
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yeah, the scaling increase is complete bull! Plus I am also having problems opening the app. It works once, then if I close the game and try to start again, nothing happens. I have to restart my tablet before it will work again. Only to have the same problem if it is closed.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Apparently there was a typo in the release notes. Instead of saying
    - Ares (Dark Avengers): Sunder
    - The Countdown tile will now properly disappear when Ares falls in battle due to using this ability.

it should say

- Gameplay (Thick as Thieves)
    -Scaling adjusted so everyone who has been grinding for the past week will now not assuredly get a MoStorm. We love our players that only join an event in the last day and we believe the rewards should belong to them, not to those stupid grinders and their stupid daily playing.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Apparently there was a typo in the release notes. Instead of saying
    - Ares (Dark Avengers): Sunder

it should say

- Gameplay (Thick as Thieves)
    -Scaling adjusted so everyone who has been grinding for the past week will now not assuredly get a MoStorm. We love our players that only join an event in the last day and we believe the rewards should belong to them, not to those stupid grinders and their stupid daily playing.

Yup, obvious typo, they keys are right next to each other on the keyboard.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Not to be a wet blanket, but I was an early grinder, fell immensely with main nodes opening early, was able to climb back to top 40 from top 300, and only by touching Essential/high point non-Essential nodes that do not feature high level Hood/Daken.
  • Unknown
    Options
    IceIX =/= credibility.

How pathetic are those continuous stealth patches? icon_rolleyes.gif They clearly take us for fools. Like we don't play, so we won't notice.

D3, here are words of wisdom: Players are people who play the game.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    IceIX =/= credibility.

How pathetic are those continuous stealth patches? icon_rolleyes.gif They clearly take us for fools. Like we don't play, so we won't notice.

D3, here are words of wisdom: Players are people who play the game.

I thought you quit so you shouldn't really be included in the playerbase? I mean there was a whole dramatic goodbye thread and all.

While I'm not taking an apologist stance on behalf of IceIX, the patches in regards to the scaling seems to have benefited the more experienced players - in the sense that I actually see names I recognise in the top 10. I myself have been managing to place in the top 20 relatively easily by playing twice a day... sure cmag/hood is 270 - but everything else is pretty manageable.
  • Unknown
    Options
    kidicarus wrote:
    While I'm not taking an apologist stance on behalf of IceIX, the patches in regards to the scaling seems to have benefited the more experienced players - in the sense that I actually see names I recognise in the top 10. I myself have been managing to place in the top 20 relatively easily by playing twice a day... sure cmag/hood is 270 - but everything else is pretty manageable.

It doesn't matter who it benefits, or whether it benefits anyone at all. The problem is the stealth changes (or possibly the screw up) that haven't been announced and are not even acknowledged by the devs. Were they hoping people wouldn't notice? Did they refuse to announce the scaling change for fear that no-one would update to R55? Are they refusing to acknowledge the issue because "it's working as intended"?

If the scaling issue was an intended part of the patch, it's disgusting that they didn't tell us about it in advance, or even put them in the patch notes. If it's a bug that's causing the issues, it's disgusting that it made it through testing, and disgusting that they haven't even acknowledged the problem yet. Either way you look at it, it's a disgrace and will only serve to force more players to leave the game.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think that what's happened is that

1) D3 realised that scaling wasn't hitting hard enough, given the amount 1-2* rosters have been able to grind grind grind this event
    2) D3 released stealth patch to bring scaling to more intended levels
    3) They appear to have a blanket rule whereby they do not communicate any info about scaling/MMR etc mechanics to us these days, hence it was deliberately left out of the "patch notes" as usual

On the plus side, I think they may have capped the max level of enemies at 270 now instead of 395. Can anyone see anything higher to refute this?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    My Magneto/Hood node was 301/302 prior to the update, is 269/270 now (hasn't touched it since the update). Will beat it and report in a minute.
    Edit: Don't think it's necessary, it's 285 atm without me doing anything with it, must be community scaling.
  • WilsonFisk
    WilsonFisk Posts: 365 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So I thought the Sunder bug was fixed? Ares killed himself with Sunder and yet I get this!

Screenshot_2014-06-11-06-33-02_zps0imt4p6q.png

Screenshot_2014-06-11-06-32-25_zpszelzta9e.png

Great work as usual D3!
  • Unknown
    Options
    volos wrote:
    I think that what's happened is that

1) D3 realised that scaling wasn't hitting hard enough, given the amount 1-2* rosters have been able to grind grind grind this event
    2) D3 released stealth patch to bring scaling to more intended levels
    3) They appear to have a blanket rule whereby they do not communicate any info about scaling/MMR etc mechanics to us these days, hence it was deliberately left out of the "patch notes" as usual

On the plus side, I think they may have capped the max level of enemies at 270 now instead of 395. Can anyone see anything higher to refute this?

I think you are probably right, I am one of those 2* roster guys and this event was alot easier for me than previous ones. Ironically I was enjoying this event loads more for that reason, my characters felt like Superheroes for Gods sake, it was great fun. I was able to play semi casually a few times a day and work my way back into the top 200 each time and was hoping for a new Storm at the end of it. I wasnt gonna get any higher than that but I was happy and having fun. Now that i am having to use boosts every match and health packs after every fight my enjoyment has gone and the ability to play for long enough to keep my place has also disappeared. Once my stock of boosts has been depleted that will be it for me as i refuse to spend money on boosts (or health packs for that matter)
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lol fun?!

Don't worry we'll work on a new patch right away and sort that out for you!
    icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    If the scaling issue was an intended part of the patch, it's disgusting that they didn't tell us about it in advance, or even put them in the patch notes. If it's a bug that's causing the issues, it's disgusting that it made it through testing, and disgusting that they haven't even acknowledged the problem yet. Either way you look at it, it's a disgrace and will only serve to force more players to leave the game.
    Since when did they communicate scaling changes to the community? Are you out of your mind? You're expecting too much of this company now. Scaling and MMR have always been a secret. I'm not for secret changes in the patches but I don't consider this to be one of them.
    WilsonFisk wrote:
    Screenshot_2014-06-11-06-32-25_zpszelzta9e.png
    I like how "D" is not visible. It says "owned" on Ares icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    KevinMark wrote:
    Since when did they communicate scaling changes to the community? Are you out of your mind? You're expecting too much of this company now. Scaling and MMR have always been a secret. I'm not for secret changes in the patches but I don't consider this to be one of them.

If they're going to change the scaling, in the middle on an event, yes I expect to be notified about it. I don't expect to be kept informed of every tweak they make, but changing something in the middle on an event, that people have spent a lot of time playing and not even having the decency to inform them about it, is taking your customers for granted. All it would have taken was a few lines in the patch notes. "We are making a few small changes to the scaling algorithm, and as a result, some players may see an increase in enemy levels". That's it, that's all they had to do. The fact they didn't do that, if this was indeed an intended change, speaks volumes about how the company views its community.
  • jonatslee
    jonatslee Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The patch is flawed!
    Just got sundered from the grave as well. icon_mad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    Lol fun?!

Don't worry we'll work on a new patch right away and sort that out for you!
    icon_lol.gif

icon_e_biggrin.gif that would be even funnier if it wasnt true!!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just encountered the Sunder bug twice... So much for the 1-liner fix waiting from Ares' first moments in the game...
  • Unknown
    Options
    So, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. My scaling had been ridiculous from the beginning. Before the patch, my high level nodes were in the upper 300s (394 was highest, i think). After the patch, the levels went down dramatically.
    Did anyone else with high end scaling get this type of result? Perhaps they're trying to find a happy medium where it scales to a point, but doesn't immediately put some players against max level opponents.

I'm not saying that whatever they did to scaling was good, but it might not necessarily be bad.

Also, I know it's been an issue in the past that they have made significant changes to the game without saying anything. But I thought it was understood that (for better or worse) they are constantly changing scaling and MMR. I don't think it would make any difference if every other day they posted "adjusted scaling". Also, everything they do will always happen during an event; there's always events going on.