Changes to PVP bracket creation? Devs please comment

Options
167891012»

Comments

• LavishDragoon
    LavishDragoon Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So I start my bracket with seven hours left in the rags event. People shielded at 1100 and top ten at 900+. There's no way my bracket just started. It has to have been open for a long time to achieve those scores. Qtquazar, duathi, Grimm are in my bracket. When did this bracket start?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Rajjeq wrote:
    In yet another "coincidence" I only managed top 50 in Heavy Metal shielding at 882 while my son got 8th at 654. Just because I'm curious, how many times in a row does this have to occur before it is statistically significant? We are at a 100% rate since the change thus far.

They have all the data they need. For example they could plot the Guassian curves of the points to get top 10 and top 50 on all the brackets before and after the change. I would be willing to bet that before the change only once in a blue moon did brackets required 1,100 points + for top 10 and 900+ points for top 50 while after the change multiple brackets pre event do.

But even with this data they just say "Oh well people are just putting in more effect as season one is getting to a close." Not that they pushed all the big hitters into a smaller number. The newcomers are REALLY going to have a shock when they finally get into the big leagues and find out 700 points might get you top 100 if your lucky.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From the venturebear article, and that new one about the spidey change, I'd quite frankly be shocked if they were even able to connect causes like the season ending, with any effects. Even odds they'd instead correlate it with the flight speed of an unladen swallow