*** Sam Wilson (Falcon) *** (Updated)

Comments

• After playing him with for a while, I've decided that Falcon/Punisher/C. Mags is my new A. team: getting 1 or 2 yellow activations after Pun's green is game winning. He seems faster than the Hood on that team.

Falcon/Punisher/Anything is pretty tasty. the blue crits from CMags is delicious though.
  • After playing him with for a while, I've decided that Falcon/Punisher/C. Mags is my new A. team: getting 1 or 2 yellow activations after Pun's green is game winning. He seems faster than the Hood on that team.
    Too bad Yellow cover was for the most part Alliance awards. icon_e_sad.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    sup123 wrote:
    But where on the wiki did you see it? In his page there are a lot of blank spots. At lvl 116 his blue is 51, so I guess it's safe to say it'll be lower than 45 blue, but I wonder if I'm missing something.
    You can compare the values for Falcon's blue with any 3 ability 3*'s secondary blue (the Hood's, for example), or any 3 ability 3*'s secondary colour in general, since the values are the same across the same rarity and colour priority.
  • drmrm420 wrote:
    I like him because he always triggers his purple before OBW can drop an aggressive recon.

You lucked out then. I don't think I ever got hit with birds when OBW could steal from me.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    locked wrote:
    sup123 wrote:
    But where on the wiki did you see it? In his page there are a lot of blank spots. At lvl 116 his blue is 51, so I guess it's safe to say it'll be lower than 45 blue, but I wonder if I'm missing something.
    You can compare the values for Falcon's blue with any 3 ability 3*'s secondary blue (the Hood's, for example), or any 3 ability 3*'s secondary colour in general, since the values are the same across the same rarity and colour priority.
    Yeah, I don't know why people keep linking to the base page of the wiki, since the match damage progression is the same for all of them
  • Spoit
    drmrm420 wrote:
    I like him because he always triggers his purple before OBW can drop an aggressive recon.
    OBW's is 8, birds are 12. You'd only get that cast if the AI got a massive cascade or back to back 4 purple matches, or you got really lucky with him sitting on the AP
  • I like him him, OBW and Daken all lined up in a nice little row when I Call the Storm. That's how at least six of my Top Gun matches ended.
  • Spoit
    Ghast wrote:
    I like him him, OBW and Daken all lined up in a nice little row when I Call the Storm. That's how at least six of my Top Gun matches ended.
    Man, daken? I guess your MMR is still semi-tanked, eh?
  • Spoit wrote:
    drmrm420 wrote:
    OBW's is 8, birds are 12. You'd only get that cast if the AI got a massive cascade or back to back 4 purple matches, or you got really lucky with him sitting on the AP
    During the Top Gun event 9/10 matches involved OBW+Falcon+ X char... i saw the AI bypass 8 in favour of 12 multiple times. Maybe they changed the AI in that event so it could showcase the talent or maybe I got lucky tons of times... but it happened alot and I was very grateful when it did icon_e_smile.gif
  • In Fresh Cut, I'm liking Falcon with both Punisher and Psylocke. I know most consider Psylocke to be redundant and inferior to Punisher but the special tile generation is even faster. Do you think this team is too squishy without a tank?
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    In Fresh Cut, I'm liking Falcon with both Punisher and Psylocke. I know most consider Psylocke to be redundant and inferior to Punisher but the special tile generation is even faster. Do you think this team is too squishy without a tank?
    Switch out Punisher for Patch - covers tank requirement, if high enough above Falcon also tanks his Yellow, and of course covers Green.

I'm getting a lot of play out of Falcon in the PvE, especially on Goon missions; I pair with 3*Cap & a Green user (Patch / Punisher / Ares / Storm) depending whether there are Heroes along as well.
  • Spoit
    I'd love to try falcon on the PvE, too bad you only have 3 blue unless you hit the glitch, or got lucky with tokens
  • Spoit wrote:
    I'd love to try falcon on the PvE, too bad you only have 3 blue unless you hit the glitch, or got lucky with tokens

I used him a bunch for the lower level nodes in Prodigal Sun, but yeah I kept finding myself saying 'would be nice if I can remove a CD tile with Redwing'. He and Daken 2* (I didn't spend anything on Daken 3* yet) still makes a pretty formidable team.
  • Got some token luck and just want to say falcon is pretty great for pve. I use OBW and getting those first five blue tiles gives you breathing room to get more.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    My Falcon is 4/4/2, level 20. I have 28K ISO in the bank so I could increase him to level 63.

I know in general a 3* character under level 100 is fairly worthless but I'm not sure if that would still apply to a support character like Falcon.

I would like to run Falcon with Daken (Classic) in the current Fatal Attraction tourney. My Daken is 4/3/3, level 102, and spits out strike tiles with a strength of 61 (buffed to 153 w/ strength 86 tiles). Will a level 63 Falcon do anything meaningful for this team or will Inspiration not be powerful enough to matter? I'll probably have enough ISO by the end of the tourney to increase Falcon another 5 or 10 levels. I plan to round out my team with a level 128 Lazy Thor if it matters.
  • Pats0132
    Pats0132 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Well it all depends on who the third person is and if falcon will be protected. If he's not protected then he may go out early due to his low health but if u have 5 purples for daken and he can strengthen two at a time he is worthwhile.
  • In recent PVE falcon is serious annoyment, especially with purple feeders.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Pats0132 wrote:
    Well it all depends on who the third person is and if falcon will be protected. If he's not protected then he may go out early due to his low health but if u have 5 purples for daken and he can strengthen two at a time he is worthwhile.

The third member would be a level 128 Lazy Thor. I haven't checked the numbers but I would imagine that Daken would tank purple and Thor would tank yellow so Falcon would only be vulnerable on blue.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think falcon would be too much of a defensive liability at lower levels. After playing the char with daken/pun, in pvp i really think its either daken or bust. In order to make inspiration worth it, you really need strike tiles out almost immediately as the match starts, and daken is really the only character that can really provide that consistently (esp since opponents green matches trigger tiles as well). Even characters like punisher seem slow in pvp since by the time you can judgement, a ton of turns will have passed already that you cant make yellow matches on. Daken/falc also needs a green/yellow sink in order to pack some punch in the mid-late game, so they dont seem good in a 2v2.
  • I think falcon would be too much of a defensive liability at lower levels. After playing the char with daken/pun, in pvp i really think its either daken or bust. In order to make inspiration worth it, you really need strike tiles out almost immediately as the match starts, and daken is really the only character that can really provide that consistently (esp since opponents green matches trigger tiles as well). Even characters like punisher seem slow in pvp since by the time you can judgement, a ton of turns will have passed already that you cant make yellow matches on. Daken/falc also needs a green/yellow sink in order to pack some punch in the mid-late game, so they dont seem good in a 2v2.

They also need a red too and that pretty much limits you to Sentry or Thor at the high end PvP. Red is not the best offensive color anymore, but you're still compromising your offense a lot if you have no red abilities at all.

It seems to me since Daken is likely to emerge as a permanent member of the top tier, getting Redwing to level 5 is quiet important since Daken can pump out strike tiles fast enough for the faster removal to matter.