*** Human Torch (Classic) ***

Comments

• aussiemac wrote:
    So this is a bit of a noob question, but wouldn't IW's bubbles 'freeze' HTs attack tiles and flame jet? I agree it would protect them, but I thought it would also render them useless. I don't play IW much, so it probably wouldn't matter, but I just want to make sure I understand her overly priced skills correctly.

That's correct but just freeze all the tiles so that HT's tiles can't be matched away (aka freeze all the close by greens). You don't freeze HT's tiles.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    According to my math with his Flame Jet with a tile maxing out at 231 dmg per AP, and you can't do more than 2083 per turn with the ability, that means you have to have 9+ tiles out and 9 AP to max out the damage, or 5 tiles and enough Black for Hood to go off Twice with Intimidation, yeah, I think 5/5/3 is the best build

So with 9 tiles out and 9 AP you would be doing 10,395 Damage in one turn (2079+1848+1617+1386+1155+924+693+462+231=10,395). Of course you would also do 10,395 damage over 9 turns with 1 tile and 9 AP. None of that takes into consideration stike tiles. Personally my HT build is going to depend on Lazy Daken. If Lazy Daken has 3 abilities I will be running a 3/5/5 HT as the damage per turn with strike tiles added in will be crazy and fast. Also HT's red will mess with strike tile creation so its better to focus on green and black.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rorex wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    According to my math with his Flame Jet with a tile maxing out at 231 dmg per AP, and you can't do more than 2083 per turn with the ability, that means you have to have 9+ tiles out and 9 AP to max out the damage, or 5 tiles and enough Black for Hood to go off Twice with Intimidation, yeah, I think 5/5/3 is the best build

So with 9 tiles out and 9 AP you would be doing 10,395 Damage in one turn (2079+1848+1617+1386+1155+924+693+462+231=10,395). Of course you would also do 10,395 damage over 9 turns with 1 tile and 9 AP. None of that takes into consideration stike tiles. Personally my HT build is going to depend on Lazy Daken. If Lazy Daken has 3 abilities I will be running a 3/5/5 HT as the damage per turn with strike tiles added in will be crazy and fast. Also HT's red will mess with strike tile creation so its better to focus on green and black.

Wait, so is it each tile has a max damage cap or the ability in generally has a max damage cap. Say I have infinite gree AP and 3 tiles out, Do I do 2083 dmg on that turn or 2083 x 3 on that turn?
  • Patch (or Punisher)/Torch/OBW can do some soul crushing damage just through how many damage pools can get affected by strike tiles in a single turn.
  • Skyedyne wrote:
    Patch (or Punisher)/Torch/OBW can do some soul crushing damage just through how many damage pools can get affected by strike tiles in a single turn.

Step 1) Match 3... + strikes
    Step 2) Torch Demons... + strikes
    Step 3) Espionage... + strikes
    Step 4) Torch CD... + strikes
    Step 5) another Torch CD... + strikes

oh shoot OBW is on the team... totally forgot about the endless cascade between steps 1 and 2. Which of course ended in a match 5 icon_twisted.gif
  • Skyedyne wrote:
    Patch (or Punisher)/Torch/OBW can do some soul crushing damage just through how many damage pools can get affected by strike tiles in a single turn.

oh shoot OBW is on the team... totally forgot about the endless cascade between steps 1 and 2. Which of course ended in a match 5 icon_twisted.gif

Just have to get torch green turned into yellow, and then wolvie's dead yellow ap can be utilized.

• Because getting a portion of that damage in early to kill one of their team before you would have had 14 AP stored is relevant ok mr smartypants < icon_evil.gif >

Not to mention that spreading out that AP usage protects you from getting screwed by the DEAdLIEST ATTACK IN THE GAME, that's right, Psylocke's blue
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Rorex wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Wait, so is it each tile has a max damage cap or the ability in generally has a max damage cap. Say I have infinite green AP and 3 tiles out, Do I do 2083 dmg on that turn or 2083 x 3 on that turn?

2083 x 3. So yes each tile has a max damage cap. Also the tiles go one at a time and after each it depletes green by one AP.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    KelbrisKnocks in our alliance got a green cover from his Inferno token. Looks like lvl 3 green bumps countdown tile damage by ~25% per green AP and bumps max damage per turn by ~25%.

Also, does Inferno always summon the demons in that same ring pattern in the middle of the screen? If so, that potentially makes them easier to match away. (Sorry if this has already been observed somewhere else; I haven't read all the pages in this thread or the tourney thread.)
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    wathombe wrote:
    Also, does Flame Jet always summon the demons in that same ring pattern in the middle of the screen? If so, that potentially makes them easier to match away. (Sorry if this has already been observed somewhere else; I haven't read all the pages in this thread or the tourney thread.)

That's actually Inferno. Flame Jet places a green CD.
  • jojeda654 wrote:
    That's actually Inferno. Flame Jet places a green CD.

Right. Thank you. Fixed.
  • Skyedyne wrote:

By the time you get enough AP to do this the game should be over anyways. So you need 9 green for Patch / 8 for Punisher, 5 Green Ap for each of HT's countdown, 10 Black AP for Inferno. So your talking about 28 or 29 AP. Enough for two Call the Storms(15,420 Damage) 2 Rage of the Panthers (18,972 Damage) or one of each (17,196 Damage). Now Lazy Daken instead of Patch/Punisher and you got a fast nasty team.
  • wathombe wrote:
    Also, does Inferno always summon the demons in that same ring pattern in the middle of the screen?

Yes. So...

DWurjuH.png
  • OTERSEY wrote:
    wathombe wrote:
    Also, does Inferno always summon the demons in that same ring pattern in the middle of the screen?

Yes. So...

DWurjuH.png

Rags: "Raaaag-narok...Rag-Rag-Rag-"

Osborn: *Osborn kicks * "stupid machine..."

Ragnarok: "Ragnarok, will destroy."

*psszzt* I, IceIX, the immortal commissioner of the Super Pokeroe League, hereby announce the nerfing of all ragnarok's throught our land. As I decree, so shall it be.

Members of the audience in monotone: "As he decree, let it shall be. Our lord is right and just."

Osborn: "Sigh... Ragnarok, return."

*3 months later*

Osborn: "finally, a use for that ragnarok again. Now to just openy pc and..."

*Ragnarok has suffocated in his own feces. Would you like to try again?*

Osborn: o yea, the Pc works like a tamagotchi now.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    After playing a fair amount of Hotshot I can honestly say the AI absolutely does not play Flame Jet well. As soon as it makes its second green match it plays it, it goes off and then it sits there until it is removed. So Flame Jet when the AI is playing your Torch is essentially a one turn damage dealer at best. If it stays, every other green ability you have will pretty much be unusable because the flame jet CD will be leeching one green a turn.

I've been playing it late when I have enough green for a couple of large CD's to go off and it is great on offense but in the AI's control it actually makes it easier to win, I think. I don't think its value comes from being a turn two tile but a late game set of finishing.

Also to the poster above if Torch's black does become very popular Rags green is going to be the kryptonite for that for sure.
  • Got my Human Torch 4/3/1 to lvl 57 making him effectively lvl 86 for the Hot Shot Tourney and he is crazy fast. Been running him with OBW and Hood. If you can feed HT he is unstopable. His Fireball is doing 1621 damage for 6 AP, inferno 8x88 704/turn for 10AP.

The more I play Torch the more its obvious that he is going to be the best Character to starve an enemy of red. There are plenty of times when I am playing and there are no red on the board. Which would make Dr. Doom, Daken, and 2* Wolvie substantially less useful.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rorex wrote:
    Got my Human Torch 4/3/1 to lvl 57 making him effectively lvl 86 for the Hot Shot Tourney and he is crazy fast. Been running him with OBW and Hood. If you can feed HT he is unstopable. His Fireball is doing 1621 damage for 6 AP, inferno 8x88 704/turn for 10AP.

The more I play Torch the more its obvious that he is going to be the best Character to starve an enemy of red. There are plenty of times when I am playing and there are no red on the board. Which would make Dr. Doom, Daken, and 2* Wolvie substantially less useful.

But on defense he sucks. The AI will use his green right away and it's terible, the mintue you get 5 Green it casts it, and red is never guarenteed since a lot of other's run 8 red AP damage too. I agree offensively he is quite good, but defensively his a big liability right now.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Rorex wrote:
    Got my Human Torch 4/3/1 to lvl 57 making him effectively lvl 86 for the Hot Shot Tourney and he is crazy fast. Been running him with OBW and Hood. If you can feed HT he is unstopable. His Fireball is doing 1621 damage for 6 AP, inferno 8x88 704/turn for 10AP.

But on defense he sucks. The AI will use his green right away and it's terible, the mintue you get 5 Green it casts it, and red is never guarenteed since a lot of other's run 8 red AP damage too. I agree offensively he is quite good, but defensively his a big liability right now.

I'm waiting to run into a team running him with 3* characters to see how well he works on defense, which I haven't yet in Hotshot. If Phantron's theorycrafting is accurate, pairing him with Punisher or Patch means the AI will usually opt for Judgement or Rage, but pairing him with Thor will make the AI frequently pop the Flame Jet.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Rorex wrote:

On defense in the Hot Shot Tourney I am getting about 40% wins, probably the best I have ever done. Now part of that is that my HT is actually got levels and other peoples don't. My green is the least developed and I would have to guess the AI uses the red and black reasonably well. Also I have 100% color coverage, I would guess that most people who are losing are making the mistake of going for Hood first. Between OBW steals and Hoods as well as OBW heals it likely takes long enough that HT is up and running with Inferno and dropping some Fireballs.

I have also noticed tons of people running Thor (2* and 3*) or Punisher with base level HT which is down right **** on defense, so thanks to those people your easy to beat. I just target Punisher or Thor first and I have plenty of time to take them down as the uses the weak HT's abilities. I mean just starve the AI of Black (Punisher) or Yellow(Thor) and pick up red where you can and thats game.