*** Human Torch (Classic) ***

1111213141517»

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm starting to think maybe 3/5/5 makes the most sense now. Reasons being, a) if I want a cheap red to pair with XForce, I'm probably better off using Deadpool, and b) the only time I'd be thinking of using him would be in PvE to pair with GT when XForce is locked out. In that instance, I'm looking for G/Blk abilities, and I'd never consider using his red over hers.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    I'm starting to think maybe 3/5/5 makes the most sense now. Reasons being, a) if I want a cheap red to pair with XForce, I'm probably better off using Deadpool, and b) the only time I'd be thinking of using him would be in PvE to pair with GT when XForce is locked out. In that instance, I'm looking for G/Blk abilities, and I'd never consider using his red over hers.
    Under optimal conditions, A little off the Top deals just as much damage as a Fireball. It's quite possible to deal less with it, too. Personally I love running Torch as a Fireball machine - just pair him with Captain Marvel or Iron Man 40 and you can firebomb the opponent like there's no tomorrow!
    (In both cases Daken makes a nice third).
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    If Human Torch was Red/Black/Yellow (you know like fire) instead of RBG, I think he would see alot more play.
  • simonsez
    Quebbster wrote:
    Under optimal conditions, A little off the Top deals just as much damage as a Fireball. It's quite possible to deal less with it, too. Personally I love running Torch as a Fireball machine - just pair him with Captain Marvel or Iron Man 40 and you can firebomb the opponent like there's no tomorrow!
    (In both cases Daken makes a nice third).
    Yes, with that grouping, where the plan is to spam red as much as possible, you don't suffer the diminishing returns of DP. But supporting XF, you won't be prioritizing red.
  • simonsez
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    If Human Torch was Red/Black/Yellow (you know like fire) instead of RBG, I think he would see alot more play.
    If that ever happened, who'd be the best green outlet for PvE where Wolverines are locked out, and GT locks out LT?
  • simonsez wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    If that ever happened, who'd be the best green outlet for PvE where Wolverines are locked out, and GT locks out LT?
    Depending on the node, I'd say GSBW or Groot
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    gamar wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Depending on the node, I'd say GSBW or Groot

Even Gamora, sure not massive damage but it does stun 2 guys for 2 turns. Or you could always just Spam Devil Dino or Rags
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    With powered scaling changed for PvP, does his damage values stay relatively stable for green vs black when maxed?
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    Which are the best team where HT works best? Some of this?

- Colossus + Fury
    - GSBW + Cage
    - Hood + BP/Daken/IF/Loki
    - IM40 + Daken/Cap Marvel
    - Daken + Blade
    - Thor + Daken
    - Psylocke + IM40
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    TheHood wrote:

- Colossus + Fury
    - GSBW + Cage
    - Daken + Blade
    - Thor + Daken
    - Psylocke + IM40

Fury + Hood, Torch + Fury protect Hood and Hood's black works well with Torch green / Fury purple. 2x Torch green tiles plus a Fury strike tile + 1-2 Hood black does a ton of damage. Before his health buff I liked LThor/Daken a lot because they protected him.

IM40 OBW or OBW Cage aren't bad either.
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    dkffiv wrote:
    TheHood wrote:

- Colossus + Fury
    - GSBW + Cage
    - Daken + Blade
    - Thor + Daken
    - Psylocke + IM40

Fury + Hood, Torch + Fury protect Hood and Hood's black works well with Torch green / Fury purple. 2x Torch green tiles plus a Fury strike tile + 1-2 Hood black does a ton of damage. Before his health buff I liked LThor/Daken a lot because they protected him.

IM40 OBW or OBW Cage aren't bad either.
    HT + Fury + Hood sounds very good: my Fury is only a lv147 3/2/2, however he tanks yellow and blue tiles protecting my Hood lv117 5/5/3 icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Given the current state of the game, where do people stand on his build?
    5/3/5, 5/4/4, or 5/5/3?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Still 5/3/5 for me. I used to have 5/4/4 but I rarely use black so I switched to 5/3/5, and black at 3 is still okay with strike tiles.
    Running him with Blade on ninja survival nodes, Blade's Nightstalker is infinitely better to power Fireball, Nightstalker again and Keep Your Enemies Closer, a much stronger attack tile skill.
    Playing him with Nick Fury and Hood, I'd rather save blue/purple/yellow AP for Fury's expensive skills and only use HT black in emergencies.
    Playing HT with Hulkbuster in Hotshot, HT red outran Repulsor Punch for damage, but Overdrive was used better for black AP.
    Black is better for PvP defense but yeah, as if that thing matters.
  • DJ Rubix
    DJ Rubix Posts: 12
    When i saw human torch classic, I was like, "Oh damn! they are bringing jim hammond into this?? Nice!" Buuut its just another johnny storm. Poor jim, cant even get some notice in an app game. icon_cry.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DJ Rubix wrote:
    When i saw human torch classic, I was like, "Oh damn! they are bringing jim hammond into this?? Nice!" Buuut its just another johnny storm. Poor jim, cant even get some notice in an app game. icon_cry.gif
    Jim Hammond would probably be called "Human torch (Original)" or something to that effect. Or possibly "Jim Hammond (Human Torch)" if calling him Human Torch makes him unable to team up with Johnny Storm...
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not that I would expect such a pro-active move from the devs, but theoretically, if they shuffled this guy up to a 4* (to join his family), what build would you give him?
  • simonsez
    yogi_ wrote:
    Not that I would expect such a pro-active move from the devs, but theoretically, if they shuffled this guy up to a 4* (to join his family), what build would you give him?
    There's even less reason to deviate from black3 if he were a 4*, since arguably, the three best 4* powers are all on black.