*** Human Torch (Classic) ***

17810121317

Comments

  • Elric_VIIIElric_VIII Age Unconfirmed Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    So, how exactly does his black work?

    There seems to be some correlation between the amount of AP it consumes and the number of tiles created. I have also noticed that I cannot use it twice in one turn in spite of the fact that I not only had sufficient black AP, but my other colors were not depleted as well.
  • Elric VIII wrote:
    So, how exactly does his black work?

    There seems to be some correlation between the amount of AP it consumes and the number of tiles created. I have also noticed that I cannot use it twice in one turn in spite of the fact that I not only had sufficient black AP, but my other colors were not depleted as well.

    See the diagram above.

    You can't use it twice in a turn because you'd place exactly 0 attack tiles if you use it twice in a row, since any tile that can be converted to attack tile would've already been done so on your first casting.
  • Elric_VIIIElric_VIII Age Unconfirmed Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Phantron wrote:
    Elric VIII wrote:
    So, how exactly does his black work?

    There seems to be some correlation between the amount of AP it consumes and the number of tiles created. I have also noticed that I cannot use it twice in one turn in spite of the fact that I not only had sufficient black AP, but my other colors were not depleted as well.

    See the diagram above.

    You can't use it twice in a turn because you'd place exactly 0 attack tiles if you use it twice in a row, since any tile that can be converted to attack tile would've already been done so on your first casting.

    Oh wow, I feel dumb. Thank you.
  • Playing with him in the PVE has me pretty underwhelmed with HT. Buffed, hes effectively 131 and wouldn't see any situation when I'd really like to use him much at this point. Granted he is only 1/2/2 covered though.
  • over_clockedover_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Ditto, I have a 1/1/1 Torch and he gets to use zero of his abilities with mStorm and Panther on the team. I'd only use his green here and there if no CDs to remove.
  • NorthernPolarityNorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    locked wrote:
    Ditto, I have a 1/1/1 Torch and he gets to use zero of his abilities with mStorm and Panther on the team. I'd only use his green here and there if no CDs to remove.

    That's because at 1/1/1 his abilities do like 20-30% of the damage that they do at level 5. He needs covers in order to be effective.
  • locked wrote:
    Ditto, I have a 1/1/1 Torch and he gets to use zero of his abilities with mStorm and Panther on the team. I'd only use his green here and there if no CDs to remove.

    That's because at 1/1/1 his abilities do like 20-30% of the damage that they do at level 5. He needs covers in order to be effective.

    Even the mighty Magneto would be pretty weak at level 105 and 1/1/1. I really dont' know why people are expecting 1/1/1 heroes to own face.
  • HailMaryHailMary Posts: 2,179
    locked wrote:
    Ditto, I have a 1/1/1 Torch and he gets to use zero of his abilities with mStorm and Panther on the team. I'd only use his green here and there if no CDs to remove.
    I've got a 1/2/1, and I run him with MStorm & BP in the PvE. He gets to use his red occasionally, esp. if it sets up a RageOTP team KO.
  • He has a lot of damage potential. Hes better with two support characters that dont compete for his colors. His low hp make him vulnerable in that position.
  • ColognoisseurColognoisseur Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Bugpop wrote:
    He has a lot of damage potential. Hes better with two support characters that dont compete for his colors. His low hp make him vulnerable in that position.

    Completely agree with this. You want him behind a tank from where he can launch fireballs, infernos, and flame jets. Although he will almost always be matching black in any decent combination. Thinking fireball does more damage than Mjolnir's might so paired with Lazy Thor might be interesting.
  • HT's red loses to Captain America's red, green to Thor's green, and black to Black Panther's black. That said all 3 of those skills are what I'd considered as way overpowered and are definitely the respective #1 skill of their color, so having 3 skills in contention for #2 is not a bad combination. Of course he has less HP than the usual character for the offense, and it's hard to use all his offensive skills effectively since you're likely to have at least one of the guys who has a better red/green/black, but he still offers a very good package of pure offense.
  • over_clockedover_clocked Posts: 3,961
    I never said that I expected him to be useful with this few covers, sheesh. At least other heroes with more unique colour patterns like Panther could get their moves used even with 1-2 covers.
  • locked wrote:
    I never said that I expected him to be useful with this few covers, sheesh. At least other heroes with more unique colour patterns like Panther could get their moves used even with 1-2 covers.

    There are 5 red/green/black heroes in this game already (Hulk/Devil Dino/Punisher/Modern Storm/Human Torch). I think they're just too obsessed with the color scheme.
  • over_clockedover_clocked Posts: 3,961
    You forgot Juggernaut, b.
  • locked wrote:
    You forgot Juggernaut, b.

    They must really like that combination of colors.
  • Phantron wrote:
    HT's red loses to Captain America's red, green to Thor's green, and black to Black Panther's black. That said all 3 of those skills are what I'd considered as way overpowered and are definitely the respective #1 skill of their color, so having 3 skills in contention for #2 is not a bad combination. Of course he has less HP than the usual character for the offense, and it's hard to use all his offensive skills effectively since you're likely to have at least one of the guys who has a better red/green/black, but he still offers a very good package of pure offense.

    With the power of the recent 3-star characters there is a trend that implies that it is intentional. They are supposed to be strong. Consider making the opposite argument for the other characters, that they are underpowered.
  • I'm leaning more towards a 5/4/4 build, as that appears to give a good balance between the two skills with drawbacks to them. However, I'd like to hear from those that have built out a 5/3/5 or 5/5/3 build.
  • Phantron wrote:
    HT's red loses to Captain America's red,

    Nah.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    HT's red loses to Captain America's red, green to Thor's green, and black to Black Panther's black. That said all 3 of those skills are what I'd considered as way overpowered and are definitely the respective #1 skill of their color, so having 3 skills in contention for #2 is not a bad combination. Of course he has less HP than the usual character for the offense, and it's hard to use all his offensive skills effectively since you're likely to have at least one of the guys who has a better red/green/black, but he still offers a very good package of pure offense.

    With the power of the recent 3-star characters there is a trend that implies that it is intentional. They are supposed to be strong. Consider making the opposite argument for the other characters, that they are underpowered.

    Except all 3 of those guys have more HP than the other characters too compared to a character that has less HP than others.

    And then there's the problem that you really have nowhere to go because if abilities hit harder than Black Panther's black they'd have to start getting awfully close to taking out a whole team of 5800s in one hit. Same issue with Thor's green. There just isn't anywhere for the power to go unless having a whole team wiped out in one ability is meant to be common.
  • PolaresPolares Posts: 2,614 Chairperson of the Boards
    gamar wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    HT's red loses to Captain America's red,

    Nah.

    I don't think he really looses to CA in red, both are really good. HT does 2800 for 8 red, faster than cap, and he generates 2 red, so once he has fired the first fireball he just needs two more matches to throw the fireball again, each time, so he is VERY FAST, and you don't have to protect any tile.

    I am a little bit underwhelmed by Inferno (black). It is a bit expensive if you use any of the other colors (and allmost anybody uses at least blue), and is very unreliable playing against strike tiles, shields, etc. He allmost NEVER places 8 attack tiles (more like 6 or 5) so I think that maybe green is better.

    Do we know how black and Green are at level 3-4? Right now I think the best build is 5/3/5 or maybe 5/4/4 because doesn't seem there is a big difference from 4 to 5 in green or black
Sign In or Register to comment.