Ascended Winners and Losers

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

In the HTML editor option days I used to give mine a hard vertical size of 256, but I don’t know the current markdown for it.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 12 March 2024, 23:13
    Options

2* Wolverine, lvl 454 base (boosted to 573)

These numbers don't look totally insane until you consider the fact that he's just a baby champ, at lvl454 pre boost.

I'm not sure if he's usable (his green is ok, 12 AP for red may as well be infinity, and the heal is...a passive heal) but it does look like the 2* are scaled to insanity.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

These numbers don't look totally insane until you consider the fact that he's just a baby champ, at lvl454 pre boost.

I'm not sure if he's usable (his green is ok, 12 AP for red may as well be infinity, and the heal is...a passive heal) but it does look like the 2* are scaled to insanity.

Red at 12 is tough, but that is a bomb. My currently boosted to 588 5* Jean Grey only does 46,664 AND under certain conditions feeds the enemy four 2,441 attack tiles.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Have you gotten 2* Hawkeye and Magneto over to 5 yet? those two are always my go-to for DDQ nodes in the past.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 13 March 2024, 00:47
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Have you gotten 2* Hawkeye and Magneto over to 5 yet? those two are always my go-to for DDQ nodes in the past.

Magneto isn't very interesting. Mine is lvl499. He has 108k HP. His blue is just tile damage and his purple is unchanged. His red does 43k damage at 4 covers (you don't want it at 5 covers because it goes up in cost).

Hawkeye lvl478. He has 78k HP. His blue is unchanged. His red is 24k AoE at 5 covers. His purple is 4 2-turn CDs that do 17k each.

I don't remember what they look like boosted. I think everything scales 2 or 2.5x roughly?

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    edited 13 March 2024, 01:50
    Options

I don't remember what they look like boosted. I think everything scales 2 or 2.5x roughly?

I think its between 8,000 and 10,000

RIP to the GOAT btw

• Glockoma
    Options

Anyone have 4Rhino5 yet? Asking for a friend.

Thanks

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,406 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

This is kind of mid tbh. The red is big damage, but for 12 AP you are really stretching to get it fired off.
    I think all of the 2's are going to have pretty similar problems since their designs are all so old, and they all require huge AP investments.

I thought his green would scale better than that those strikes seem relatively weak compared to his 2* version which are a bit less than 1% of his health while his boosted strikes are less than .7%.
    As a 5 he doesn't look very competitive.
    Maybe Nightcrawler will scale better.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 16 March 2024, 06:49
    Options

@Tiger_Wong said:
    I finally ascended Echo to 5* level. I wanted to push her because I felt she had a good kit with her match damage boost, she makes a strike tile in front, and she’s a GREAT black tile generator.

Thanks for this, perfect with Echo's boost week happening. My dupe Echo is 279 and I really want that DD cover before I ascend her though...

• Glockoma
    Options

Ascended 4* Spider-man 2099:

Blue has no change from 4* version.

Loving that black.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,713 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

When I see a PVP battle against some ascended toons, is there anyway to see their stats before I enter the match? I'd like to know what im facing before going in.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Tapping their name takes you to the roster screen, there you can check everything.

• Tony_Foot
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Tapping their name takes you to the roster screen, there you can check everything.

But that just shows you the stats at base, not god boosted. Unless I'm not understanding what you mean.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:

@Bowgentle said:

But that just shows you the stats at base, not god boosted. Unless I'm not understanding what you mean.

The answer is no, you can't view boosted stats for opposing characters without entering a match.

You can't view your own boosted stats unless you're on the character select screen.

• Tony_Foot
    Options

Yeah I thought so, it’s a bit rubbish and makes me skip matches if it’s a complete unknown.

• dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options

I’m enjoying Melinda May’s boost week.

• Kross
    Kross Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options

I am curious, are you guys Ascending everyone (1* and up)? Or just certain characters? I am getting a little overwhelmed with roster spots and such.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

i'm ascending everyone personally, but I'm only max-max ascending 1-3 so far. I've been getting 14 covers for a 4* dupe and then ascendng those, so at least right now, i have a surplus of slots.

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Someone was asking about Doop somewhere...hoo boy.

I'm running him all passive, with Chavez/Colossus/PX, and he's just a straight-up better Colossus. With AC's extra match damage boost adding on, plus PX's extra damage reduction, he's a completely unstoppable tank.

Have you tried Ascended Doop/5ProfX/Ascended Rogue. I guessing that would work well. I'm almost done with Ascending Coulson, then I'm planning on Doop next, but I need 40 covers.