• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,073 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 14 April 2024, 14:25
    Options

I cant remember how you accend
    is there a big differencee

meaning
    bullseye 266 one 240 do i need to wait till 266

i got like 20 i think 3 stars i can move up but dont have the 2nd one max do i lose that many rewards by now maxing out the 2nd 3rd

got my first 4 star up to 5 america

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options

I have XForce paired with Shang Chi as my top pick two. Grocket with ascended Juggernaut (4>5) and OR as my other top team. I’d recommend those two first.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,169 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@slidecage said:
    I cant remember how you accend
    is there a big differencee

meaning
    bullseye 266 one 240 do i need to wait till 266

i got like 20 i think 3 stars i can move up but dont have the 2nd one max do i lose that many rewards by now maxing out the 2nd 3rd

The last 20 rewards give you:
    15500 Iso-8
    350 HP
    23 CP
    2 LT
    1 MT
    400 4* Feeder Shards
    200 secondary feeder shards (or another 3500 Iso ifthere is no secondary feeder).

I guess it depends how desperate you are to play with 3Bullseye4. Given you can shard him, I'd wait. I ascended a few 3 > 4 before they were Max/Max but wish I'd waited.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,073 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

idea i have
    1 level 266 others not

have almost all 3s like this many are 266 and other is just 13 covered.. would it be worth the covers wasting to move that 2nd 3 to 266 or join one 266 and one 166 to have it accended to 4

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,307 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@slidecage said:
    idea i have
    1 level 266 others not

have almost all 3s like this many are 266 and other is just 13 covered.. would it be worth the covers wasting to move that 2nd 3 to 266 or join one 266 and one 166 to have it accended to 4

It depends, in my opinion, how much you use them or not. If you aren't using them, I would try to get them up to 266 to Ascend. Because it really doesn't matter so may as well wait. If you do use them, it could be worth it to just Ascend and level up from there.

Personally, I am not levelling up until I have two at max. But that is just me.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    edited 14 April 2024, 17:29
    Options

General consensus seems to be that at the base level (so the first ascension tier) max/max is always the best approach unless you will use the ascended character right away. Since that really only applies for some 4s like Polaris, Juggs, etc in my opinion, you therefore should max/max everyone the first time except those few 4s you will immediately use as 5s

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,985 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The number of 4->5s who are usable when boosted is...honestly, most of them.

I ascended everyone immediately, and quite a few characters I'd completely forgotten about or written off have turned out to be very, very strong. I'm fighting 550 unboosted characters using, like, 450something boosted Doop and Prowler, and shredding them.

I agree that when you're a 5* player, very few base 4* are relevant. It's Polaris, Juggernaut, America Chavez I guess, a few others. But those are definitely NOT the only characters worth ascending.

I suppose your mileage may vary if you prefer to use the same team for everything and not adjust with weekly boosts -- you can do just fine that way if you prefer it, I just find it boring.

• entrailbucket
    Options

Oh, as far as the 3* go -- moving them to 4* has basically no impact. I really don't even see a difference between essentials at 266 and essentials at 370.

But getting the 3* to 5* is an absolutely MASSIVE competitive benefit and quality of life improver, because PvP is still mostly 3* PvP. I have very few of these, but the ones I do have have made their events a cakewalk.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Anybody got 3* Hulk ascended to 5* numbers? I just pulled a second 4* hulk so I’m gonna shard him on up to be my first 3->5 ascendant.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Tiger_Wong said:
    Anybody got 3* Hulk ascended to 5* numbers? I just pulled a second 4* hulk so I’m gonna shard him on up to be my first 3->5 ascendant.

I haven't seen one and mine isn't. The ONLY thing that might give me pause on him is how high his HP goes. Anger is a percentage based threshold (at 5%), so it should be safe unless they've done something completely insane with his HP.

• kuntilanak
    kuntilanak Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options

Given the average hp of 5* are about 70k+, 5% is, what, 3.5k+? Hmm, simple 2-3 stack cascades will trigger it, so... mThor should trigger it every turn, provided the hulk is not downed by then :D

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,358 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

3-5 Hulk at 450 has 96148 hp.

So 4807 to trigger anger.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah I'd pick someone else over worrying about Hulk and his skill set. I'm still trying to work out which 3* to pick as my fav to try to get to 550 for functionality across multiple teams.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,358 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 15 April 2024, 13:58
    Options

I remain unconvinced that any 3 (save maybe May?) is going to be better as a 550 than a lot of 4s and 5s, and some 1s.

The best 3s are the 3/5 pairs and mostly the 5 version is superior. In cases where the 3 helps more I’m not sure those characters are meta enough to impact things on a consistent basis (aka unboosted).

3nos might be the best 3-5 over the 5.

For most players who are considering a 3-5 at 550 the 3 would probably be mostly lateral in terms of match speed/performance over existing tools.

But it can add some fun so why not try the shortest route? However: assuming the season vaults continue to offer 3-4s you might get a better option next month or the month after? And none of them will be fast in terms of ascending esp max/max. So waiting a little bit might be wise.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

i'm currently chasing 3* Scarlet Witch to 5*, but not to 550. I just want a good purple battery in the tier.

• entrailbucket
    Options

I know I'm biased in favor of levelling everyone, but on this point I think it might be generically right. I'd MUCH rather have a handful of 3* at 450 than one of them at 550 -- because they're essential so often, and the difference a 5* essential makes is so big.

I really can't think of any 3* I'd want to use if they weren't essential. Maybe Aunt May, yeah. IM40 is useful, but taking him to 550 won't really improve his effectiveness.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Most 3* kits are basic and boring. I would be interested to see how 3* arcade stacks up against the 5, but he still wont be useable.
    May is an obvious choice and the only other I would even really think about using would probably be Daredevil. But, Echo would be a better choice across the board.

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options

I don't think anyone has really played with Honeybadger...
    3to5 Loki could be annoying.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,985 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I thought people wanted 3->5 Magik for her auto crit tile placement in her alternate form. I realize the crits don't need 5 star power to be useful but she needs 5 star health to last more than a turn or two.

KGB