Grand Experiment 2: Treading Water in the SCL 10 Post-Shardpocalypse

Comments

• Shamsali75
    Shamsali75 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In

Wow! I'm jealous mr bucket for you Élite token.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

Only the best for an Elite player like yourself!

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor

I am at 2349 (today was a multi color damage boost!) And I have 48 maxed 4s. But I have been more of a top 50 player so progressed a bit faster than TRW.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards

I am at 2674 and don't have a single 370...although Captain Marvel is getting there. I did get a Mighty token today though, so there is that!

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards

In another thread, I shared that I pulled 4 covers worth of shards in around 100 - 120 pulls.

Now that bonus shards are bumped up, I wonder on the difference between half classics, half latest vs all in on latest.

The “discount” on classics may allow players to pull more, which in turn allow more bonus shards.

• ThaRoadWarrior

There is no “may” about it, it absolutely “will” give you 20% more pulls and then the associated shard increases.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards

I've noticed the impact of it already.

This is yet another in an increasingly long line of factors that suggests classics are not a worthless dead end, but are a viable strategy for progression, if your goal is to build out a balanced roster.

Sadly, they'll continue to be ignored by most players. Happily, those of us who are willing to deviate from the accepted "optimal" strategy will get to enjoy a significant competitive advantage.

• ThaRoadWarrior

Yeah I've hit some 5* bonus shards already, and a half cover of 4* shards, and surely some 3* but I don't much pay attention to those.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards

I pulled about 30 Classics the other day. Once I've champed Sersi, I'll probably use most of my CP on them. Until then I'm keeping about 4000CP as a float in case of a special store.

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    There is no “may” about it, it absolutely “will” give you 20% more pulls and then the associated shard increases.

Agree. I guess my question is whether it tip the balance for ppl to shift from all latest to half classic/half latest approach. I would be curious to see whether some math inclined forum members can develop a model for compassion.

• ThaRoadWarrior

I’m definitely pulling in significantly more CP for Classic than I am LTs, so if you are all in on Classic I don’t think it could be a 50/50 split on pulls. I imagine that there is a 50% cp spend in both stores option as well as a total commitment option.

• entrailbucket

Hey, what are you doing about bonus 4*? Did you end up just bonusing all the feeders, like I've been doing?

I'm getting so many bonus 4* shards that it's actually noticeably translating to 5*.

• ThaRoadWarrior

I’ve been targeting Next Out’s feeder exclusively. So right now that is Magik, prior to it was Abomination. After this it’ll probably be Gwenpool chasing Landshark. Professor X just hit 370.

• DAZ0273

I have a "free" season coming up as I finished Magik today and so can wait to pull until she rotates out so I am interested in maybe spending some CP in Classics. I am currently trying to finish Ultron. I don't really know why because I have not used him but he is closest I guess needing one cover and about 12 shards. I've had a pretty decent success rate of champing classic 5* over the past year but the ones at decent levels now are looking a bit ropey.

Abigail is finished 5/4/4 and sitting there.
    Ultron is 2/5/4
    Ghost Rider is 5/3/3
    Yelena is 5/2/4
    Black Panther is 5/2/4

It isn't the most inspiring bunch if I am honest.

Then there are a bunch on 10 covers but that seems too far out to do anything with right now.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Ghost rider is excellent when boosted.
    Panther, too.

• DAZ0273

Ah - that gives me some hope! Not for Ultron though.

• Bowgentle

No, Ultron just sucks.

• ThaRoadWarrior

I have a feeling BP is on the near-ish term rebalance list. but then again, i'd have expected that to happen when BP 2 was doing things, so who knows?

• entrailbucket

I sure hope so...he just does that one thing, and it's not even all that good of a thing anymore.

• Bowgentle

He does need more health for the one thing he does.
    Maybe he'll get to be a Chasm counter before Chasm is irrelevant.