*** Sentry (Dark Avengers) ***

Options

Comments

• hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    Would half of that be considered 20%? My testing with Avoid and Hulk would suggest that it's considered two separate hits since it gives 2 anger tiles with Avoid.
    Not sure what you mean by that.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    hurcules wrote:
    Would half of that be considered 20%? My testing with Avoid and Hulk would suggest that it's considered two separate hits since it gives 2 anger tiles with Avoid.
    If Deadpool jumped in front of the attack, he would have taken 2 hits instead of a single hit. CStorm works in a way in which a single hit has to be 20% or more. Going off my testing with Hawkeye's Avoid and Hulk, Hulk would generate 2 anger tiles per Supernova leading to the conclusion he took 2 hits but it displayed a single number. Each hit would have totaled 5% separately activating the ability.
    The way Deadpool's ability works, he would have jumped in front and absorbed 2 hits from an AOE but still only generate 1 healing tile. CStorm would just squaring there undamaged in the end.
  • hurcules
    Options
    hurcules wrote:
    If Deadpool jumped in front of the attack, he would have taken 2 hits instead of a single hit. CStorm works in a way in which a single hit has to be 20% or more. Going off my testing with Hawkeye's Avoid and Hulk, Hulk would generate 2 anger tiles per Supernova leading to the conclusion he took 2 hits but it displayed a single number. Each hit would have totaled 5% separately activating the ability.
    The way Deadpool's ability works, he would have jumped in front and absorbed 2 hits from an AOE but still only generate 1 healing tile. CStorm would just squaring there undamaged in the end.
    Ahh, ok. But my Deadpool is 1/0/0 with no black cover. So he wouldn't have protected anyone. I can use another low level player in place of Deadpool and see.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    Options
    hurcules wrote:
    hurcules wrote:
    Ahh, ok. But my Deadpool is 1/0/0 with no black cover. So he wouldn't have protected anyone. I can use another low level player in place of Deadpool and see.
    Actually, my information was of. Rank 1 Supernova was 19% of Sentry's health at 40. From there it continues to decrease as you rank it up. Odds are you can't force proc Rage of Tempests. I'll have to go test this myself.
  • He sacrificed himself so I could win. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    gR6gJJm.png
    I feel like I owe him a beer at least, now.
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Awww man . . . . can you imagine drinking beer with this guy. He's so self-destructive that there's no telling what he'd do with a little alcohol in the system.
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'd just want to liquor him up so he'd let me run my fingers through his glorious hair. And I'm a heterosexual married man.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    farlus wrote:
    I'd just want to liquor him up so he'd let me run my fingers through his glorious hair. And I'm a heterosexual married man.
    index.php?action=dlattach%3Btopic=332717.0%3Battach=373542%3Bimage
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Oh boy. Calling someone gay on the internet. USING AN IMAGE! You're a pioneer.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    farlus wrote:

How's this?

Bill Burr - "What Are You, A Fag!?": http://youtu.be/7LRcmg9mxRQ
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    farlus wrote:
    I know. I'm a trailblazer. Next I'll drop Line for IRC.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm really starting to lean 5/5/3 for Sentry. I have him 3/5/5 but I try not to cast yellow if I don't have to, and at lvl 3 it's still strong enough, not to mention we have Black Panther now who can cast battleplan instead and save you the health hit. What's everyone's thought?
  • hurcules
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I'm really starting to lean 5/5/3 for Sentry. I have him 3/5/5 but I try not to cast yellow if I don't have to, and at lvl 3 it's still strong enough, not to mention we have Black Panther now who can cast battleplan instead and save you the health hit. What's everyone's thought?
    I'm still leaning on 3/5/5 because of Hulk. LDaken strike tiles + WR may not be enough to take down Hulk.

But yeah, Cap Marvel 5 yellow + Sentry 5 red is a scary prospect to face.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Supernova is just really miserable to use on offense unless youre desperate due to the damage your entire team takes. Id much rather just have the option of being able to sacrifice world rupture at slightly less health cost. I dont think defense matters much since the difference between 3 and 5 red could only be 400 damage due to the logic above, and optimizing for offense is more important in this case since the odds of 3->5 supernova mattering on defense (you need to get 11ap on defense, and then there needs to be enough red tiles onboard to get the significant damage boost) seems low enough to not be worth considering.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    It depends entirely on how you use Sentry. I use him almost exclusively for a defense team and shield-hopping. In both cases I don't care about self-damage so I'll trigger Sacrifice whenever possible. As hurcules said, World Rupture + Sacrifice will take down any team. I rarely use Supernova because when shield-hopping it's unlikely I'm going to collect 11 red and even if I do it generally won't end the game.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    Options
    Black Panther with Battle plan is still good alternative to using Sacrifice and a lot safer as there is less of a chance they will get rid of each strike tile. Had a few times in which the AI got rid of the sacrifice tile of a cascade and it completely killed the World Rupture damage I was expecting.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Black Panther with Battle plan is still good alternative to using Sacrifice and a lot safer as there is less of a chance they will get rid of each strike tile. Had a few times in which the AI got rid of the sacrifice tile of a cascade and it completely killed the World Rupture damage I was expecting.
    Which is why Sentry loves Hood with 5 black covers--the enemy doesn't have a chance to eliminate your strike tile if they don't get a turn between Sacrifice and World Rupture. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Why the **** should they have a different speed than ally WR?
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Options
    I agree, something in the last major update changed the way ability timing was processed. This is most noticeable during World Rupture, because there are so many countdown tiles, but every opponent ability has a slight delay now when used.

I seriously hope this is fixed in a future update, because it does add seconds to each match, which adds up to hours over the life of the game. Hours just waiting around, watching animations... (Unless you do dishes while you play, like I do, in which case you can at least do something productive.) icon_e_smile.gif
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is because people made comments about how they'd like games to go faster - get rid of skip screens / turn off animations.

So in the interest of (the devs) public relations they decided to give you/us all the bird.

hate-it-when-it-does-that.gif