Nova (Tanak Valt) 5*

123457»

Comments

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,401 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:
    I'm not gonna say "I told you so."

I think the lesson is what I was saying before -- BCS has tended to release complicated powersets, and those powersets also often have odd wording, important things de-emphasized, or other strange quirks that just make these guys very hard to evaluate on paper.

Personally I've (basically) stopped trying to evaluate before I can get them in game and run 50 or 100 fights with them championed.

(The reason I'm not saying "I told you so" is that I kept missing on all these guys too. It is totally understandable that we make the wrong call on these wordy, bizarre characters on paper. The only lesson here is that we should try to stop doing that.)

I listened to you! :-)

It's why I broke a bit of hoard to get him to 550. And he really is super fun. So, thank you.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 13 September 2024, 21:30

@LavaManLee said:

@entrailbucket said:
    I'm not gonna say "I told you so."

I think the lesson is what I was saying before -- BCS has tended to release complicated powersets, and those powersets also often have odd wording, important things de-emphasized, or other strange quirks that just make these guys very hard to evaluate on paper.

Personally I've (basically) stopped trying to evaluate before I can get them in game and run 50 or 100 fights with them championed.

(The reason I'm not saying "I told you so" is that I kept missing on all these guys too. It is totally understandable that we make the wrong call on these wordy, bizarre characters on paper. The only lesson here is that we should try to stop doing that.)

I listened to you! :-)

It's why I broke a bit of hoard to get him to 550. And he really is super fun. So, thank you.

Don't make a habit of it, I'll probably be wrong the next time! I'm glad you found something fun though.

Think for yourself, play MPQ how you want, chase the characters you enjoy, and find ways to make the game fun for YOU. Don't let the "meta" or the "community" or the consensus decide for you, and don't let community-contrarians like me decide either.

(Not saying any of that inspirational speech is relevant to you, but maybe this case will be a useful lesson for somebody else someday.)

• LavaManLee

I am so enjoying 5Nova. He’s boosted, of course, but he and Hunter are a very fun pair in PvP right now. No boosts needed.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 17 September 2024, 04:13

@LavaManLee said:
    I am so enjoying 5Nova. He’s boosted, of course, but he and Hunter are a very fun pair in PvP right now. No boosts needed.

What's the synergy with Hunter?

I've also noticed folks who 550d Nova and aren't using him (probably players who are doing the Latest swaps thing, based on rosters) and...I don't get it. Every time I've had to fight a high level one he's done at least one very unpleasant thing. I'm not sure why they're not using him.

He's actually a pretty decent anti Juggernaut this week -- Juggernaut's passive is going to hit him every turn whether you want to or not, and there's just no good way to deal with his CD spam.

• LavaManLee

There kind of isn’t much synergy with her. Other than between them I can randomly take down huge teams depending on her yellow, his countdowns and black. It’s odd but it works.