Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 24 August 2024, 02:54

@LavaManLee said:

@entrailbucket said:

@LavaManLee said:

@MegaBee said:
    I remember when people wildly underestimated Okoye when she was added.

Yes, but here's the difference. She is still worthwhile if baby champed. As is SC. As is MT. OR. Apocalypse. There's probably 15 or so that are still good if you aren't playing the 550 game.

People aren't begging for characters who have to be boosted to 672 to be useful. They want characters that if they put a little investment into them, they have something that can be used in PVE/PVP for fun.

Sure, 5Nova might be great at 672 but so what?

How on Earth can you claim to know what "people" are "begging for?" Are you really saying that most players can't have fun with a character unless they're as strong as m'Thor or Omega Red? How many players do you regularly talk to about this? And yeah, I'm sure all 4 of the other people who post on this forum will agree with you, but that is in no way a majority.

Most of the players I still talk to are more than happy with characters who are usable at 550 and great at 672.

Personally, I think everyone should be "usable when boosted," absolutely no one should be "usable all the time" or "so bad they're unusable even when boosted," and the devs should adjust power levels until we're there.

So just to be clear: you know that you talk to enough people to understand what they want but you also know that I don't. Got it. We may as well just change this to the "entrailbucket forum" because you can't question anything you say as you know what is best for us and the game.

Of course not. Neither you or I know enough players to say what everyone wants -- or even what MOST players want!

My point was that there are players who are perfectly happy with the stuff you're saying that nobody wants.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    edited 24 August 2024, 05:40

Oh come on. You claim often enough that you do know what other players or the devs want. Honestly, it’s starting to feel Hound has returned more and more to me recently. It’s the same argument over and over and over again, and I am pretty convinced it’s just for argument’s sake most of the time.

I appreciate your game knowledge and other contributions, but the constant arguments are getting tiresome.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,069 Chairperson of the Boards

I like the fact that you can re-roll with his black if the heal isn't needed. I managed to finish all his quests before his PvP. I am super glad there were no 3* fire power quests because Nova there has been Thanos'ed quite a lot so far...maybe having Thanos boosted on a 3* release week PvP isn't the best idea...

• entrailbucket

I think maybe everyone here (me included) could do with a lot less "this is" and a lot more "I think."

We all seem to have very wide-ranging definitions of what makes a character good or useful. I think that's interesting, but if we can't agree about what makes someone good, we certainly will never agree who's good.

I will continue to hold that BCS characters' powers are often so complicated or oddly worded that pre-release evaluation is very difficult (and maybe impossible) -- we really should probably stop trying to do that, and I basically have.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 795 Critical Contributor

I'm just glad we seem to have come to the end of a 15 page essay explaining a characters powers.
    I needed a nap after trying to comprehend what was being said.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,373 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    I'm just glad we seem to have come to the end of a 15 page essay explaining a characters powers.

Honestly you really should have stepped in and derailed this thread pages ago. I'm not gonna lie: I'm disappointed @ThisisClemFandango

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 795 Critical Contributor

@rainkingucd said:

@ThisisClemFandango said:

Honestly you really should have stepped in and derailed this thread pages ago. I'm not gonna lie: I'm disappointed @ThisisClemFandango

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to sleep later knowing I let you down.
    Tbh I'm mulling over taking a more punisher type stance, this place takes itself too seriously and fear there is no place for my shenanigans.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 872 Critical Contributor

I'm diggin' this release store.

@ThisisClemFandango this for you

https://youtu.be/yYSfXp8U5-M?si=g4NoLtOrY9fQ4ln5

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,401 Chairperson of the Boards

I've seen a few 550s in the wild. Anybody here have him at 550 and, if so, what are your thoughts?

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 872 Critical Contributor

Still at a single cover with 6 worth in shards, will champ from the release store.

I've only seen a couple of champed Nova's and they were nowhere near maxed. Hard to judge the character with supports involved. Wish I had more to say other than idk at this point.

• entrailbucket

@LavaManLee said:
    I've seen a few 550s in the wild. Anybody here have him at 550 and, if so, what are your thoughts?

I won't get there for a very long time but I expect to fight a bunch of them tonight.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,401 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

@LavaManLee said:

I won't get there for a very long time but I expect to fight a bunch of them tonight.

Let me know how it goes. I have enough CP to get him to 550, but am not sure if it is worth it or not. Thanks!

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,682 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 27 August 2024, 19:32

I can’t imagine that he is any better in the 550 tier than he is in the lower tiers of 5* play.

He needs to tank for maximum effectiveness, he does random stuff, it’s possible his black would do nothing on defense since you can try to fire it and nothing happens depending on conditions - if he is full health it just says, if the effect is healing, that the power will have no effect (not sure what the AI does with this). I suppose it would slightly depend on who you’re using him with in PvP but obviously he’s not a pve powerhouse and PvP is basically the boosted folks plus or minus Thor in 550 land. He overlaps two Thor colors and both are far worse than hers.

I mean people can chase 550 in the Latests train for him as they do, but there’s no way I think people should burn CP in his store to 550 him and Adam Warlock.

The accidental preview of Agatha suggested she’ll be much better than Nova.

• entrailbucket

@LavaManLee said:

@entrailbucket said:

@LavaManLee said:

Let me know how it goes. I have enough CP to get him to 550, but am not sure if it is worth it or not. Thanks!

I didn't run into any 672s today.

Knowing what you said in that other thread, I don't think Nova is what you're looking for. He's not as bad as the general consensus (all his stuff hits much harder than I was anticipating) but I can't see a world where he's Tier 1.

For me, I do like the Nova/Coulson/4* Carol team. Nova provides special tiles that Carol can buff, and CDs that buff them. He doesn't really overlap on actives with them either (you'd use his yellow and black -- Carol is just there for passives).

I do think there is potentially a very fast and reliable team for pick-3 that involves Nova and Kang (I don't know who the third is, maybe Hawkeye?). Nova gives you a free CD for tanking every turn and yellow supports can get you more turn 0. Basically Nova is acting as an upgraded IM40 there.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,069 Chairperson of the Boards

@bluewolf said:
    I can’t imagine that he is any better in the 550 tier than he is in the lower tiers of 5* play.

He needs to tank for maximum effectiveness, he does random stuff, it’s possible his black would do nothing on defense since you can try to fire it and nothing happens depending on conditions - if he is full health it just says, if the effect is healing, that the power will have no effect (not sure what the AI does with this). I suppose it would slightly depend on who you’re using him with in PvP but obviously he’s not a pve powerhouse and PvP is basically the boosted folks plus or minus Thor in 550 land. He overlaps two Thor colors and both are far worse than hers.

I mean people can chase 550 in the Latests train for him as they do, but there’s no way I think people should burn CP in his store to 550 him and Adam Warlock.

The accidental preview of Agatha suggested she’ll be much better than Nova.

With his black power if you get the health is full condition you can just try and fire it again for a different random effect.