Annihilus (Classic) 4*

12346»

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,561 Chairperson of the Boards

@KGB said:

@trewiltrewil said:

@entrailbucket said:
    Shield training just needs a conceptual overhaul generally.

This exists because they're trying to sell the new character. These matchups should, like, actually SELL the new character. Some group of folks will spend on a new guy no matter what, but a lot of more casual players (rightfully) aren't going to drop cash on some guy they'll never use.

Annihilus is good! The stun trap thing is cool and strong, and his repeater is a very powerful anti special tile mechanism. He also heals every time you match a special tile. So why are we fighting a guy we can't stun, who doesn't really make special tiles? Nobody will want to spend on this guy because they've made him look useless.

This is not a new thing. They pick these fights at random, it's not even based on lore. The fights on the right side are the same every time, and generally do nothing to help sell the new guy. Teammates get picked at random and generally have no synergy. It'd take me like 2 minutes to design 4 fights to show off what this guy can do. Why can't they do that?

I guess it doesn't really matter to us if they don't want money, or it shouldn't, at least. It's annoying to me because I feel like I end up doing their PR job in these threads -- I inevitably write some post that's like "no, actually this guy is great, just use him like this."

At least pick the right opponent though. I would have put him up against a fairly strong Polaris with Low-Level AI. That would be a strong opponent to show what he could do, even without the stun. Ultimately he is a Polaris counter with a couple neat tricks up his sleeve.

Also why aren't these fights just 1v2. Then you can allow the stun. Polaris (LLAI) R&G (Burst heal support) would be an interesting showcase and a team players in 3-4* transition would see frequently. I mean that would be a much better showcase of him.

Polaris/Rocket with those supports against Annihilus would be a slaughter. He'd be eating 2-3K damage a turn or more due to her passive without considering more damage if strikes got matched. So he would survive maybe 4 turns which isn't enough to get his passive across the board even 1 time.

KGB

Right idea though. I'd put him up against 4* Carnage, one of the Daken's, or 2* Bullseye in the 1v1 fight.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 398 Mover and Shaker

4Doom would be a more thematic opponent.

• JoeHandle

@bluewolf said:
    Has anyone champed Annihilus yet that can verify he feeds Doom in the standard Primary feeding rewards pattern/amount of covers? And not Secondary, as shown on the chart?

4nnihilus has no primary, feeds 5Doom as secondary:

• JoeHandle

I'm sure the thread will be reassured to hear that champed 4nnihilus, boosted +50 levels to level 321, still needs boosts, TUs, a/o a support to handle this fight vs lvl 270 Deathlok.

With a good defensive support he handles it OK. With dmg boosts alone it's a coin toss. AP boosts ... save your iso. Of course a nuke TU makes it a cinch. Altogether indicates the char is consistently, significantly underperforming.

If you believe the devs **** about their efforts to budget and balance designs, it's probably because a good chunk of his budget was spent on that stun, and in this fight in the stun-free zone, that chunk of the budget was wasted. The player is saddled with a fraction of a character.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,682 Chairperson of the Boards

@JoeHandle said:

@bluewolf said:
    Has anyone champed Annihilus yet that can verify he feeds Doom in the standard Primary feeding rewards pattern/amount of covers? And not Secondary, as shown on the chart?

That. Is. Bonkers.

What the heck?

• JoeHandle

@bluewolf said:

@JoeHandle said:

@bluewolf said:

That. Is. Bonkers.

What the heck?

I'm sure a primary is already in the works. Probably ... coming .... sooooo-o-o-o-o-oooonnnn™

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,372 Chairperson of the Boards

@JoeHandle said:

@bluewolf said:

@JoeHandle said:

@bluewolf said:

That. Is. Bonkers.

What the heck?

I'm sure a primary is already in the works. Probably ... coming .... sooooo-o-o-o-o-oooonnnn™

S0kun did say that it was secondary only and that it would be less "coming soon" and more "coming soon

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/1041829/#Comment_1041829