Annihilus (Classic) 4*

Comments

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker

@rainkingucd said:

@entrailbucket said:
    This is not a new thing. They pick these fights at random, it's not even based on lore.

Wow. I don't want to call you out or anything, but it's a pretty well known rivalry. It was a major event seeing them face off.

Pretty sure the original image is the cover from Amazing Spider Man during the Maximum Carnage arc.

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 580 Critical Contributor

Anybody have a feeling for the build? I'm thinking 5/5/3 because it might be hard to get black's counter to a worthwhile multiplier value.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,069 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bzhai said:

@rainkingucd said:

@entrailbucket said:
    This is not a new thing. They pick these fights at random, it's not even based on lore.

Wow. I don't want to call you out or anything, but it's a pretty well known rivalry. It was a major event seeing them face off.

Pretty sure the original image is the cover from Amazing Spider Man during the Maximum Carnage arc.

Nonsense, that Spider-Man story was a knock-off!

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,682 Chairperson of the Boards

I do like how the cover blurb is referring to Deathlok, Cap and Iron Fist (let along Spidey) as Venom's "pals". Remember all the Cap-Venom teamups over the years? Anyone...?

I mean, "Spidey and his pals" would only have required one leap (lumping Venom in there) really. Although....Deathlok? I'm sure putting him in here had nothing to do with the fact that there was a Deathlok series, probably struggling for sales, that ran from 1991 to 1994 and Maximum Carnage was a 1993 event.....

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 398 Mover and Shaker

@Kaazz said:
    Base level, against Deathlok in the welcome to shield event, he is a patsy. Even max boosted he can’t win, since you can’t stun Deathlok. I’ve tried 6 times and haven’t even come close to winning. A useless character in a solo match like this, without the ability to stun. Do you guys even test these matches??!

I won the unwinnable! That gets me a really cool prize, right? .... right ... ?

• JoeHandle

@Seph1roth5 said:
    My guess is there's an algorithm somewhere that determines who the opponent is in welcome to shield, and it's not something someone specifically chooses. And it just goes in order that way.

No more complex than Technologist v. Technologist with 2 colors in common.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,401 Chairperson of the Boards

Or, you could allow stuns if that is a power and just disallow them from a Team Up. Or does that have to wait until the new "engine" is complete?

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 170 Tile Toppler

@LavaManLee said:
    Or, you could allow stuns if that is a power and just disallow them from a Team Up. Or does that have to wait until the new "engine" is complete?

I had to do it

• Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 164 Tile Toppler

I pulled both Annihilus covers from the Simulator and Annihilus and Foes vaults today. so something good came from Annihilus today lol

Since its Simulator in PVE for Annihilus's debut (blech) I don't care now if I don't pull his cover during the event.

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 170 Tile Toppler

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    A flag, really?
    Do I need to explain my humour again.

Animal abuse is not tolerated in the forums

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 795 Critical Contributor

@Domitronas said:

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    A flag, really?
    Do I need to explain my humour again.

Animal abuse is not tolerated in the forums

Wow that's dark
    Are you sure you aren't from the dc universe?

• trewiltrewil
    trewiltrewil Posts: 71 Match Maker

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    It would have been entirely fitting if Annihilus had no feeder chain at all given that he hates everybody else. In fact put Annihilus in your feeder chain and he will start destroying the champion levels you have built up just to mess with you.

The meta game has no limits at this point. Now that Devpool has a passive that gives him all affiliations, what other things can we do?

Annihilus eats your Champ Levels? yes
    Proteus consumes covers on your vine? absolutely
    Black Tom Cassidy, when used, engages the 100 Million Trees project in Ireland? sounds complex, but I'm here for it
    Uncle Ben? Permanent downed status

Too soon!

• trewiltrewil
    trewiltrewil Posts: 71 Match Maker

@entrailbucket said:
    Shield training just needs a conceptual overhaul generally.

This exists because they're trying to sell the new character. These matchups should, like, actually SELL the new character. Some group of folks will spend on a new guy no matter what, but a lot of more casual players (rightfully) aren't going to drop cash on some guy they'll never use.

Annihilus is good! The stun trap thing is cool and strong, and his repeater is a very powerful anti special tile mechanism. He also heals every time you match a special tile. So why are we fighting a guy we can't stun, who doesn't really make special tiles? Nobody will want to spend on this guy because they've made him look useless.

This is not a new thing. They pick these fights at random, it's not even based on lore. The fights on the right side are the same every time, and generally do nothing to help sell the new guy. Teammates get picked at random and generally have no synergy. It'd take me like 2 minutes to design 4 fights to show off what this guy can do. Why can't they do that?

I guess it doesn't really matter to us if they don't want money, or it shouldn't, at least. It's annoying to me because I feel like I end up doing their PR job in these threads -- I inevitably write some post that's like "no, actually this guy is great, just use him like this."

At least pick the right opponent though. I would have put him up against a fairly strong Polaris with Low-Level AI. That would be a strong opponent to show what he could do, even without the stun. Ultimately he is a Polaris counter with a couple neat tricks up his sleeve.

Also why aren't these fights just 1v2. Then you can allow the stun. Polaris (LLAI) R&G (Burst heal support) would be an interesting showcase and a team players in 3-4* transition would see frequently. I mean that would be a much better showcase of him.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,682 Chairperson of the Boards

Has anyone champed Annihilus yet that can verify he feeds Doom in the standard Primary feeding rewards pattern/amount of covers? And not Secondary, as shown on the chart?

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,157 Chairperson of the Boards

@trewiltrewil said:

@entrailbucket said:

This exists because they're trying to sell the new character. These matchups should, like, actually SELL the new character. Some group of folks will spend on a new guy no matter what, but a lot of more casual players (rightfully) aren't going to drop cash on some guy they'll never use.

Annihilus is good! The stun trap thing is cool and strong, and his repeater is a very powerful anti special tile mechanism. He also heals every time you match a special tile. So why are we fighting a guy we can't stun, who doesn't really make special tiles? Nobody will want to spend on this guy because they've made him look useless.

This is not a new thing. They pick these fights at random, it's not even based on lore. The fights on the right side are the same every time, and generally do nothing to help sell the new guy. Teammates get picked at random and generally have no synergy. It'd take me like 2 minutes to design 4 fights to show off what this guy can do. Why can't they do that?

I guess it doesn't really matter to us if they don't want money, or it shouldn't, at least. It's annoying to me because I feel like I end up doing their PR job in these threads -- I inevitably write some post that's like "no, actually this guy is great, just use him like this."

At least pick the right opponent though. I would have put him up against a fairly strong Polaris with Low-Level AI. That would be a strong opponent to show what he could do, even without the stun. Ultimately he is a Polaris counter with a couple neat tricks up his sleeve.

Also why aren't these fights just 1v2. Then you can allow the stun. Polaris (LLAI) R&G (Burst heal support) would be an interesting showcase and a team players in 3-4* transition would see frequently. I mean that would be a much better showcase of him.

Polaris/Rocket with those supports against Annihilus would be a slaughter. He'd be eating 2-3K damage a turn or more due to her passive without considering more damage if strikes got matched. So he would survive maybe 4 turns which isn't enough to get his passive across the board even 1 time.

KGB

• JoeHandle

@bluewolf said:
    Has anyone champed Annihilus yet that can verify he feeds Doom in the standard Primary feeding rewards pattern/amount of covers? And not Secondary, as shown on the chart?

50 shards away .... will advise, but someone else will probably beat me to it.

Why is there any doubt about the assertion that he doesn't (yet) have a primary? Why would Annihilus br primarily feeding Doom? If they have some other character planned for Annihilus to feed, but they made Doom his primary just for now, they'd have to make a change later and bring on another round of retro reward drama.

• JoeHandle

@trewiltrewil said:

@entrailbucket said:

No reason to disallow stuns in 1v1 fights. When there is 1 opponent left in any other fight, the last char standing isn't suddenly, magically unstunnable.

• JoeHandle

@Theghouse said:

@JoeHandle said:

No reason to disallow stuns in 1v1 fights. When there is 1 opponent left in any other fight, the last char standing isn't suddenly, magically unstunnable.

It would make more sense for the node to be programmed like DDQ Crash node, and not allow TUs, which would force you to focus on the new toon, and would allow stuns so you could see the value of any stun abilities the new toon has.

Well, egg-zactly + comment I left on another thread:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/1042012/#Comment_1042012

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 795 Critical Contributor

Hey @S0kun any word on when we can get info on the rebalance please?