Annihilus (Classic) 4*

Comments

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,373 Chairperson of the Boards

@sambrookjm said:

@Domitronas said:

@Hellblazer666 said:

@kuntilanak said:
    Who the **** design the unwinnable 'welcome to shield' new character node? I did 4 tries and got decimated before even getting deathlock to half health. And yes, damage boosts are not helping either.

This is by far the WORST design in terms of matchup and/or power.

The Same people who thought that Dr Bong vs Angela was a good idea for DDQ last week

Look at least you could perma stun her if you got the blue, but now you're pretty much using a loaner 270 which can't even equip supports.

But yeah a damage TU is the way to go, save yourself the hassle.

Used a 5-star mThor Feel the Thunder TU to win that one after three failed attempts.

Yeah, this was not a good match-up.

I had a Beta Ray Bill "Clash of the Worthy" team up ready after reading this thread. 20K damage. Forgot that Deathlok mitigates power damage by 45%. Defeated and had to try again

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,157 Chairperson of the Boards

Over 25 times before I finally won (no boosts or TU's either) which caused me scream plenty of obscenities when things went south (my family is traumatized which says this matchup was very stupidly thought out) . When I finally won I got a whole match that was low on Blue/Black so he wasn't able to get his powers off which is just pure luck.

I tried many times with plenty of boosts and wasn't able to win nor did I manage to get the 14 TU I needed for Whales (would that have even worked?).

One thing this reminded me of is that when the board shuffles from lack of moves, the player should be credited with an auto-win regardless of which side it locked on (ie treat locked board as a special win case for the player). More than once I had a winning game till a board shuffle gave him a match 5 or access to the Blue/Black he needed to finish me off.

KGB

P.S. I also once had a board shuffle when there was a valid move. It happened during a cascade where I saw 3 blue drop and before they finished dropping into place and resolving, the board auto shuffled and switched turns.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker

P.S. I also once had a board shuffle when there was a valid move. It happened during a cascade where I saw 3 blue drop and before they finished dropping into place and resolving, the board auto shuffled and switched turns.

For that one, it was likely the passive part of his black power (once you hit 8 columns the entire board reshuffles regardless of having moves available). Although it still should have been your turn, so not sure what happened there.

• Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    edited 11 August 2024, 22:56

did the Devs forget to program do Annihilus Abilities 20 times each to unlock shards or what?

• grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 124 Tile Toppler

@Hellblazer666 said:
    did the Devs forget to program do Annihilus Abilities 20 times each to unlock shards or what?

I said something about this earlier and got no response.

• kuntilanak
    kuntilanak Posts: 85 Match Maker

I don't like the 'use 20x ability' quest... felt like a drag. 10x is more tangible...

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,682 Chairperson of the Boards

@Hellblazer666 said:

Hard to know, but the fact is those quests were/are pretty generous, and I can see a dev POV which would decide to pull back on them.

Now, the argument would presumably be "maybe people will spend more money if they get fewer free things" but it's 1 1/2 covers...just 1 1/2. Which gives newer players a chance/desire to roster (need a slot) if they don't get one from other play. It creates excitement for the character as your progress is further along. Etc.

I feel pretty confident that taking these quests away won't be a deciding factor in the general success/revenue of the game.

The quests give you 1.5 covers out of the 126 you would need (at minimum) to ascend the 4....it's nice but not very meaningful, really.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,401 Chairperson of the Boards

@bluewolf said:

@Hellblazer666 said:

Hard to know, but the fact is those quests were/are pretty generous, and I can see a dev POV which would decide to pull back on them.

Are those quests generous? Firing 20 of each of the three items isn't exactly easy in the time provided. And, as you mentioned, the reward is a cover and a half? Generous? Not by definition.

• Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 229 Tile Toppler

Base level, against Deathlok in the welcome to shield event, he is a patsy. Even max boosted he can’t win, since you can’t stun Deathlok. I’ve tried 6 times and haven’t even come close to winning. A useless character in a solo match like this, without the ability to stun. Do you guys even test these matches??!

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,561 Chairperson of the Boards

@bluewolf said:

@Hellblazer666 said:

Now, the argument would presumably be "maybe people will spend more money if they get fewer free things" but it's 1 1/2 covers...just 1 1/2. Which gives newer players a chance/desire to roster (need a slot) if they don't get one from other play. It creates excitement for the character as your progress is further along. Etc.

I feel pretty confident that taking these quests away won't be a deciding factor in the general success/revenue of the game.

The quests give you 1.5 covers out of the 126 you would need (at minimum) to ascend the 4....it's nice but not very meaningful, really.

Eh, they probably just forgot.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker

My guess is there's an algorithm somewhere that determines who the opponent is in welcome to shield, and it's not something someone specifically chooses. And it just goes in order that way.

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Not usually a pile on the devs kind of guy but seriously I hope whoever is responsible for this welcome to shield has ice cream melt on them leaving them sticky and gross. Just like these dozen useless matches left me.

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 170 Tile Toppler

@LavaManLee said:

@bluewolf said:

Hard to know, but the fact is those quests were/are pretty generous

Are those quests generous? Firing 20 of each of the three items isn't exactly easy in the time provided. And, as you mentioned, the reward is a cover and a half? Generous? Not by definition.

The whole economy and reward system begs for a review/revamp.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,069 Chairperson of the Boards

@rainkingucd said:

@entrailbucket said:
    This is not a new thing. They pick these fights at random, it's not even based on lore.

Wow. I don't want to call you out or anything, but it's a pretty well known rivalry. It was a major event seeing them face off.

My favourite bit is when Annihilus and Deathlok have a skate off and Deathlok lands a 540 ollie kickflip and so Annihilus destroys the skate park! The 90s were the best!

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker

Well, if it's a well-known rivalry, Shield Training has shown me Deathlok for sure got it in the bag.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,373 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:

@rainkingucd said:

@entrailbucket said:
    This is not a new thing. They pick these fights at random, it's not even based on lore.

Wow. I don't want to call you out or anything, but it's a pretty well known rivalry. It was a major event seeing them face off.

My favourite bit is when Annihilus and Deathlok have a skate off and Deathlok lands a 540 ollie kickflip and so Annihilus destroys the skate park! The 90s were the best!

The white little star & moon looking things on Annihilus? Pouches, the lot of 'em