Annihilus (Classic) 4*

Comments

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 580 Critical Contributor

@kuntilanak said:
    Who the **** design the unwinnable 'welcome to shield' new character node? I did 4 tries and got decimated before even getting deathlock to half health. And yes, damage boosts are not helping either.

This is by far the WORST design in terms of matchup and/or power.

Welcome to SHIELD feels that it's important that you not use your character to the fullest by negating their capacity to stun, presumably so that someone can't bring a stun TU. They should have chosen someone more thematic anyway.

• Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 627 Critical Contributor

@BriMan2222 said:

They've said repeatedly since the beginning of the game that star level is in no way related to in comic power level. We could get a 1 star Galactus and 5 star Flat Man.

(FYI, devs -- I would absolutely bust open my CP horde for a 5* Flat Man or any other original Great Lakes Avengers!)

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,069 Chairperson of the Boards

So just to check here and make sure I am not drunk... Annihilus is comically terrible, right?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,682 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 11 August 2024, 12:48

This WtS Deathlok node….. so bad.

I’d say wait until you have one of your own and try supports?

A complete failure of opponent selection on this node, imo.

• DTrain514
    DTrain514 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In

Was the point to have people think oh the character is awful?

I have no idea why they are putting support characters against prime 1v1 characters. Same thing with Bong and Asgardian girl.

I didn't mind hard, but these seem like they have zero idea how the game works. Then they neuter the already struggling support character with no stuns and no heals. Mind boggling.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker

So they force you to use a character whose only saving grace is that he stuns and then negate the stun. Then you’re forced to use Jubilee and they deactivate her ability to mark anyone. Already burned out because of the event order with constant two day dubs and now these morons double down on making the game as annoying as possible.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker

My question is why does it deactivate Jubilee’s purple power? It’s Herbert power and it won’t give you any target to mark. So annoying.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,689 Chairperson of the Boards

Took me 5 or 6 tries. Lost count. Healing was key.

• grumbLEGO
    grumbLEGO Posts: 124 Tile Toppler

Are we not doing event shards for this character only or is that going away completely?

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 170 Tile Toppler

@Zarqa said:
    I’m sure once the new game engine launches they will finally be able to schedule welcome to shield events in a way that doesn’t make players hate the game…

Good one :D

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 795 Critical Contributor
    edited 11 August 2024, 17:41

Update

Having played this five times using my strongest team ups I've decided this whole thing can get in the bin.
    Balls to it.

• Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 164 Tile Toppler

@kuntilanak said:
    Who the **** design the unwinnable 'welcome to shield' new character node? I did 4 tries and got decimated before even getting deathlock to half health. And yes, damage boosts are not helping either.

The Same people who thought that Dr Bong vs Angela was a good idea for DDQ last week

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 170 Tile Toppler

@Hellblazer666 said:

@kuntilanak said:

The Same people who thought that Dr Bong vs Angela was a good idea for DDQ last week

Look at least you could perma stun her if you got the blue, but now you're pretty much using a loaner 270 which can't even equip supports.

But yeah a damage TU is the way to go, save yourself the hassle.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,153 Chairperson of the Boards

@Domitronas said:

@Hellblazer666 said:

@kuntilanak said:

Look at least you could perma stun her if you got the blue, but now you're pretty much using a loaner 270 which can't even equip supports.

But yeah a damage TU is the way to go, save yourself the hassle.

Used a 5-star mThor Feel the Thunder TU to win that one after three failed attempts.

Yeah, this was not a good match-up.