Annihilus (Classic) 4*

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 6 August 2024, 16:27

@DAZ0273 said:
    So what happens when two opposing Null Fields meet in the middle?

Nothing obviously :)

What's important is whose Null Field reaches who's enemy Null repeater first since it will remove it. It further means (unless the repeater moves along with the Null field) that the first side who has their repeater removed will not be able to get their subsequent Null field to counter act the enemy one since their next repeater will either be instantly removed (if its placed inside the enemy Null area) or be removed very shortly (if its placed outside it but due to be subsumed in the next turn or so as the Null field expands). Basically you'll have to match the enemy Repeater away to prevent being endlessly pushed back.

This bring up 2 more questions

1) What happens to fortified specials. Are they removed or is it just the fortification that gets removed and it takes another turn to remove the special itself? I presume the latter but it also means characters or supports that auto-fortify can save their specials that are in the Null field.

2) Does the Null field remove trap tiles that it can't 'see' (ie can your Null field remove say 3* Dr Doom trap tiles).

KGB

• Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler

@capnthordo said:
    Null Void Field seems like an interesting power, but I am once again disappointed that one of the most powerful beings in the Marvel universe only rates a 4*. Yea, we have ascension, but Annihilus is an absolute beast and deserves a better ranking than 4*. This is Sebastian Shaw all over again, another awesome supervillain relegated to 4* status, and yet every Spider-Verse character makes 5*.

I actually think that ascended 4 star characters can end up more powerful than their natural 5 star counterparts, admittedly it’s a bit of a mixed bag, but this could work out in the favour of Annihilus. It’ll just take a while to get there…

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker

Any thoughts on the feeder? I know nothing about this character or who he might relate to (other than the already 4* Torchilus).

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 618 Critical Contributor

@WhiteBomber said:
    Any thoughts on the feeder? I know nothing about this character or who he might relate to (other than the already 4* Torchilus).

Feeder info won't be updated until launch day, but it's a safe bet to say it'll be Fantastic Four related/adjacent considering where he sits in the Marvel universe. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Annihilus_(Earth-616)

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,682 Chairperson of the Boards

I could imagine him feeding someone like Surfer, who was involved in Annihilation and obviously FF connected.

I do have trouble finding anyone who might feed him unless they swap someone out who is being fed by a relevant 3.

Possible 3s could be Torch or some of the GotGs, who were heavily involved in Annihilation. But all have their feeder slots taken up with other 4s.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 398 Mover and Shaker

They did it again ....

This time, I hope the text is correct and the image is wrong :D

• bluewolf
    edited 8 August 2024, 10:57

Well, no one got any retros last night, so the answer does seem to be that no one feeds him.

Still unknown about who he might feed.

FYI, he’s the 149th non-limited 4. Hope the next one’s extra-special!

• S0kun

Feeder chart updated.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor

@S0kun said:
    Feeder chart updated.

Only secondary?

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,157 Chairperson of the Boards

@Pantera236 said:

@S0kun said:
    Feeder chart updated.

Only secondary?

That's good news because it means they have in mind a primary feeder who has not yet been released. So if you want to double dip, it's a great time to put some levels on him so when the primary comes out in a few months you can collect a couple of covers.

KGB

• S0kun

@Pantera236 said:

@S0kun said:
    Feeder chart updated.

Only secondary?

And no current 3/5 plans so I removed the "Coming Soon" since it's more like "Coming Soon™"

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor

@S0kun said:

@Pantera236 said:

@S0kun said:
    Feeder chart updated.

Only secondary?

And no current 3/5 plans so I removed the "Coming Soon" since it's more like "Coming Soon™"

So Galactus confirmed for next year!

• samael64
    samael64 Posts: 65 Match Maker

I'm hoping for 3/5 Mole Man

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,069 Chairperson of the Boards

It would have been entirely fitting if Annihilus had no feeder chain at all given that he hates everybody else. In fact put Annihilus in your feeder chain and he will start destroying the champion levels you have built up just to mess with you.

• toecutter3095
    toecutter3095 Posts: 55 Match Maker

Don't know if it has been mentioned anywhere, but the current DP and Wolverine vs MPQ event is giving tokens for DP sans Wolverine vs MPQ, so no chance to grab a cover for Annihilus from the release store without spending HP

• bluewolf
    edited 9 August 2024, 11:23

@toecutter3095 said:
    Don't know if it has been mentioned anywhere, but the current DP and Wolverine vs MPQ event is giving tokens for DP sans Wolverine vs MPQ, so no chance to grab a cover for Annihilus from the release store without spending HP

I mean your odds are approx 0.044% of getting him in a single pull anyway, so it’s not a big loss as far as that goes.

• will7612
    will7612 Posts: 90 Match Maker

@bluewolf said:

@toecutter3095 said:

I mean your odds are approx 0.044% of getting him in a single pull anyway, so it’s not a big loss as far as that goes.

Besides, being a lazy 4* it's not worth that much!!!!!!

• Gracktbnarkt
    Gracktbnarkt Posts: 12 Just Dropped In

How about Blastaar as a 3/5 feeder ?