PVP Supports: Feedback Thread

Comments

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker

@Tony_Foot said:
    Now the event has changed this one is much much harder for me. Even with the great supports I have. Not a lot I can do against dual 670 Colwanda. So I got my 12 wins against thor shang teams like I did before this all happened and bailed.

As I said this would give far far more variety now with supports in some form and no god boost. My targets this pvp are now restricted to shang and thor teams. Wait to get punched down and decide if I can see more shang and thor teams.

I still prefer this though, to have the option of mixing supports to get a stun or something going.

Oof. Well....you don't have to wait, you can always retreat using a weak team.

@entrailbucket said:

@JoeHandle said:
    That was my point, not an issue (yet) for less complete rosters. So how is that usage data going to look. Probably more or less fine, no tmuch change?

I don't assume players aren't playing PvP, we see them (3* players) asking questions about PvP all the time, on other platforms. (This one is pretty dead .....)

Sorry to say but our girl Peggy is too dated. Fun to use in general, but not competitve enough :|

Oh I've seen lots of new players asking questions about PvP!

Those questions are generally stuff like "How did I lose 500 points in 30 seconds?" or "Why are seed teams the only winnable fights the game will give me?" or "What is the point of any of this nonsense?"

:D

Now, Bucket ... the ?s I most often see are "should I roster or level this thing or will that ROO-ENN muh pee-vee-pee?" (... and my disdain shines through)

Asking questions indicates they ARE playing. And they are trying to navigate the arcane mess.

When I play with my 3* alt acct, I find no shortage of suitable qs, and did when it was weaker, so ... there's players playing all the way down, at every roster level, every SCL ... and they're in the dev's usage data, too.

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 151 Tile Toppler

It would be better if devs can tune down the pink AP generating supports a bit I feel with that u have a lot of teams creating crits one of the dangerous first turn killers I think with blue green and red we don’t get first turn kills unless goldie grandma is boosted

• PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 531 Critical Contributor

I don’t like the change.

I would prefer either reverting to the previous policy or making supports offense only.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,781 Chairperson of the Boards

I'd bailed on the Switch and colossus pvp, tbh even pre supports I'd have given that 12 and out. But I then copied some of the support set ups I saw the 'big boys' using and had an absolute blast ripping up teams.

Enjoyed what I would normally pass. Didn't get hit for any turn 0 or 1 or 2 shenanigans.

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,326 Chairperson of the Boards

@Tony_Foot said:
    I'd bailed on the Switch and colossus pvp, tbh even pre supports I'd have given that 12 and out. But I then copied some of the support set ups I saw the 'big boys' using and had an absolute blast ripping up teams.

Share??

• JoeHandle

AP at start supports helped get IP's powers fired 20x each, so there's that.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,555 Chairperson of the Boards

Supports on offense but not on defense will just trivialize matches. You'll win every fight in seconds.

• entrailbucket

Playing the Psylocke event, most folks have started to figure out which supports are the most annoying on defense. Seeing tons of Fantasticar, Leapfrog, and especially Eros Arrow.

It's always funny to see everyone complain about defensive troll teams while also running defensive troll teams. (Yes, yes, I know, if you're the only one not running the annoying defense team, then you'll get murdered, but it's still funny).

• JoeHandle

@entrailbucket said:
    Supports on offense but not on defense will just trivialize matches. You'll win every fight in seconds.

... and also take more hits faster on defense, and from a wider variety of players, that would be able to punch up higher.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,781 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:
    Playing the Psylocke event, most folks have started to figure out which supports are the most annoying on defense. Seeing tons of Fantasticar, Leapfrog, and especially Eros Arrow.

Nah it's nothing to do with annoying on defence it's because pure AP supports in colwanda wasn't worth it. As soon as we get another boost set with big one hit or huge AOE damage I stop caring about defence. Also the 1* boosted was venom and he works better for match damage than trying to gather black or green for his AOE.

What supports would you have suggested non defence for colwanda?

• entrailbucket

@Tony_Foot said:

@entrailbucket said:

Nah it's nothing to do with annoying on defence it's because pure AP supports in colwanda wasn't worth it. As soon as we get another boost set with big one hit or huge AOE damage I stop caring about defence. Also the 1* boosted was venom and he works better for match damage than trying to gather black or green for his AOE.

What supports would you have suggested non defence for colwanda?

I'm pretty sure we'll keep seeing the defensive ones. I saw a few of them before this boost list, I think it was just a matter of folks figuring out what's most annoying.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,676 Chairperson of the Boards

I think the defense supports will be used more on slower characters, the more offensive ones on faster ones.

Lean into your strength.

Also: it’s a bit surprising when people don’t even bother to put a support on their middle character (who is not a loaner).

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 870 Critical Contributor

Ran the entire psylocke event with her support-less. Made absolutely no difference for me. 1390 something points, t25 like always, and was at my usual percentages for def wins and losses while unshielded. Wasn't trying to run a comparison or anything, I just didn't want to to take the time to figure out what to put on her.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker

I think colossus/sw, and other boosted people, are going to be a giant pain regardless of supports lol.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,068 Chairperson of the Boards

I didn't put a Support on Pyslocke as mine isn't ascended and the only power I would even bother firing was red and I just couldn't be arsed. It made no difference as the other team was usually dead from Colossus match damage (now he does have a Support on!). Will see how it goes otherwise.

• plizard
    plizard Posts: 5 Just Dropped In

Oh neat. I can one shot 672 ColWanda teams with good RNG, and cripple them at worst in Iron Patriot PvP. How is this good for the game again?

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:
    I didn't put a Support on Pyslocke as mine isn't ascended and the only power I would even bother firing was red and I just couldn't be arsed. It made no difference as the other team was usually dead from Colossus match damage (now he does have a Support on!). Will see how it goes otherwise.

I put Lockheed on psylocke so the fortify special tiles passive would fortify wandas repeater and the invisibility tiles the leap frog i have on Wanda makes.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 8 July 2024, 21:04

I like supports addiction to pvp. It’s more fun and I can use more different teams/characters with really strong supports.

But a couple of them need to be tuned. For example, I put Implanted Bomb support on my 1AS5 Yelena Bolova and the synergy perk should “create 1 basic tile in the characters strongest color”.

Problem is, sometimes it “creates” a purple tile to a purple tile. Or a black tile to a black tile. Yeah. That’s not a creation. And it happens a bit too often. Feels like 1 out of every 4 turns that phenomenon happens.