Darkveil (Darnell Wade) 4*

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,727 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 11 June 2024, 13:55

@LavaManLee said:
    I'm with EB on this. Tough to tell until playing but here are my initial thoughts;

Yellow: Pretty worthless at 5* high levels. Burst healing isn't really something needed at high levels. Now, could totally be useful for 4* levels though so may have some interesting play.

Purple: Seems good at first glance but that passive could be REALLY annoying. Especially if trying to play with someone like SC who has to keep going to really help his play. I do not see any team I have where I would want the person in front to be sent away.

Blue: Again, more burst heal which doesn't really matter much in today's meta. Strike and strength tiles are ok but other characters can do it better.

Generally speaking if a character is not available for use (is away or stunned) the game pauses any of the effects that depend on/are driven by continued use.

• bluewolf
    edited 11 June 2024, 13:57

Me, every time a new convoluted power set is released.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,309 Chairperson of the Boards

@JimboJambo said:

@Seph1roth5 said:

@Pantera236 said:

@LavaManLee said:

Purple: Seems good at first glance but that passive could be REALLY annoying. Especially if trying to play with someone like SC who has to keep going to really help his play. I do not see any team I have where I would want the person in front to be sent away.

The purple does send the enemy target away if that changes anything for ya.

It says it sends an ally away.

The purple active power sends an ally away. The purple passive sends the enemy target away. The description of her power does say that she sends "those who might attack her friends away".

I was wondering who the "target" was: the target of the attack that triggered the passive, the one that attacked, triggering the passive, or the enemy character at the front when the passive is triggered?

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 508 Critical Contributor

@Seph1roth5 said:

@Pantera236 said:

@LavaManLee said:

The active part isn't the part to worry about, you get to pick that one and don't have to use it if you don't want to. The passive part is the one that you wouldn't want to be your ally, which it isn't.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    edited 11 June 2024, 15:30

@Scofie said:

@JimboJambo said:

@Seph1roth5 said:

@Pantera236 said:

@LavaManLee said:

The purple active power sends an ally away. The purple passive sends the enemy target away. The description of her power does say that she sends "those who might attack her friends away".

I was wondering who the "target" was: the target of the attack that triggered the passive, the one that attacked, triggering the passive, or the enemy character at the front when the passive is triggered?

I'm reading it as enemy character at the front when the passive is triggered.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker

@bluewolf said:

@LavaManLee said:
    I'm with EB on this. Tough to tell until playing but here are my initial thoughts;

Yellow: Pretty worthless at 5* high levels. Burst healing isn't really something needed at high levels. Now, could totally be useful for 4* levels though so may have some interesting play.

Blue: Again, more burst heal which doesn't really matter much in today's meta. Strike and strength tiles are ok but other characters can do it better.

**Generally speaking if a character is not available for use (is away or stunned) the game pauses any of the effects that depend on/are driven by continued use. **

That's not how Shang works. If he is stunned or away, if his team doesn't continuing to make at least one re or purple match per turn cycle, his chain breaks and his combo points go away.

OFC, while he is unavailable, his increased match dmg is also on hiatus. If you can keep making the matches, shang can pick up where he left off. If not, he comes back reset.

Again OFC, w/o Shang's board manipulations, it's tough to preserve the chain while he is away.

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor

@JoeHandle said:

@bluewolf said:

@LavaManLee said:

**Generally speaking if a character is not available for use (is away or stunned) the game pauses any of the effects that depend on/are driven by continued use. **

That's not how Shang works. If he is stunned or away, if his team doesn't continuing to make at least one re or purple match per turn cycle, his chain breaks and his combo points go away.

OFC, while he is unavailable, his increased match dmg is also on hiatus. If you can keep making the matches, shang can pick up where he left off. If not, he comes back reset.

Again OFC, w/o Shang's board manipulations, it's tough to preserve the chain while he is away.

If Shang is stunned or airborne, then his team must continue to match at least one purple or red per turn so that he doesn't lose his current combo points value (they don't increase though). If Shang is away, then his combo points are unaffected by your matches.

I've versused Kang plenty of times and had to make do for a few turns with the remaining C-team. B)

• bluewolf

Well, I learned something….

It’s interesting how different chains are handled differently. Like the implanted bomb just pauses while a character is unavailable to make matches.

• JoeHandle
    edited 11 June 2024, 21:18

@Godzillafan67 said:

@JoeHandle said:

@bluewolf said:

@LavaManLee said:

If Shang is stunned or airborne, then his team must continue to match at least one purple or red per turn so that he doesn't lose his current combo points value (they don't increase though). If Shang is away, then his combo points are unaffected by your matches.

I've versused Kang plenty of times and had to make do for a few turns with the remaining C-team. B)

Thanks for the refinement! Not sure why I said "away" ... I have used Shang a lot, but Kang rarely. I think I was conflating airborne with away, and we have seen just how different the much later bolted-on away is handled.

Gods know this stuff MUST be as complicated and inconsistent as possible :D

• JoeHandle

@bluewolf said:
    Well, I learned something….

It’s interesting how different chains are handled differently. Like the implanted bomb just pauses while a character is unavailable to make matches.

Hey that's good to know, I've blown up 1>5 Juggs several times the last couple months!

• Jash735
    Jash735 Posts: 87 Match Maker

The way I read her purple is that, at level 5, if you have 9 TU and the other team is strong enough to each do 611 damage in a match (basically any 5*) then you win in 3 turns.

• Jash735

And, really, just the 3rd one to be sent away needs to be able to do 611 damage.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 12 June 2024, 20:40

@Jash735 said:
    The way I read her purple is that, at level 5, if you have 9 TU and the other team is strong enough to each do 611 damage in a match (basically any 5*) then you win in 3 turns.

I thought that too at first. But I think it's the active part (allies) that gets extended at multiple covers (all the rest of the changes at multiple covers deals with the active part), not the passive part (enemies). If that's true, then you can only send away 1 enemy at a time for 1 turn (since passive works once per turn)

Or maybe it's both get extended at multiple covers. I guess we'll have to wait until the release to know for sure unless we get clarification.

Definitely will have Bishop level of annoyance sending away one enemy a turn as long as you have 3 TU AP.

KGB

• TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 170 Tile Toppler

And I think you have to also use Kang to win even if all 3 are away?

• Jash735

@TheXMan said:
    And I think you have to also use Kang to win even if all 3 are away?

Yeah, I think you may be right about that.

• Jash735

Does AOE damage away like it does with airborne? If it does, then even without Kang someone like iHulk would be a good pair.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,386 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    Just to prove that children can't draw my 3 year old granddaughter brought me a picture from nursery, it was me standing next to a house and a tree.
    We were all the same size, I told her it was beyond poor and threw it in the bin.

Wow! A 3 year old is already drawing perspective and distance, with you closer to the observer with a tree in the middle distance? That is amazing work! You must be very proud!

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 806 Critical Contributor

@rainkingucd said:

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    Just to prove that children can't draw my 3 year old granddaughter brought me a picture from nursery, it was me standing next to a house and a tree.
    We were all the same size, I told her it was beyond poor and threw it in the bin.

Wow! A 3 year old is already drawing perspective and distance, with you closer to the observer with a tree in the middle distance? That is amazing work! You must be very proud!

Don't try and big up my grand child.
    She had no knowledge of perspective and a rudimentary understanding of what people look like.
    I had 11 fingers. On one hand.
    Apparently she hasn't stopped crying but least she knows to commit to a project going forward.