Darkveil (Darnell Wade) 4*

Comments

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards

She's surprisingly active.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,727 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 16 June 2024, 18:59

So! Add her to the "ascend" list......let's see where I'm at.

Max-maxed one 4 so far, working on the second. 8 months into the whole process. Another 4 ascended early. Yes, that's a grand total of 5 out of 151 4s that are ascended so far.

My biggest recent 4s are tied at 323 thanks to various weightings/vault appearances (Moondragon and Spidey India), so they need another 47 levels before starting dupes etc. I started back up in October, India released in.....November.... so it's been about 7 months for him. Following them is Angela at 315, a beneficiary of the 2* releases pushing off the "not a Latest? Go to limbo?" pattern. Moon Girl at 314.

I'm glad they aren't making purely ignorable toons, I guess, but Darkveil probably never rises to a priority for me and maybe hits 370 sometime in like 2026 or so.

"Annoying to fight" is a slot filled nicely by Spider-Girl (among others) and she is much easier to cover for me.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,636 Chairperson of the Boards

@Borstock said:

It's the (frankly kinda insane) AP generation in her colors, if you're casting her stuff. Blue feeds yellow which gives 8 AP every time the repeater goes off.

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 17 June 2024, 03:12

@entrailbucket said:

@Borstock said:

It's the (frankly kinda insane) AP generation in her colors, if you're casting her stuff. Blue feeds yellow which gives 8 AP every time the repeater goes off.

Yeah, she's firing stuff left and right. I rarely use the loaner for that second Welcome to Shield node but the first one was over so fast I decide to mirror to see what was going on. She is going to be a problem ascended. Definitely going to add her to the queue behind Shaw.

• entrailbucket

Seriously, we need to start trusting them on these complicated powersets. I know the history of them is awful, and I'm still annoyed when I can't read a character's powers and figure out what they do, but lately their weird stuff all ends up playable at minimum.

If you're not ascending 4* you're seriously missing out! Pull some classics and spend those hoards! Darkveil at 5* is going to blow Mayday out of the water.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,590 Chairperson of the Boards

You can get Wongs yellow out on turn 2 if you bring purple and yellow ap.

Cast wongs yellow then use his purple to send wong away. Next turn tons of strikes. It’s fine I guess.

The ap gen is more interesting to me.

• entrailbucket

@dianetics said:
    You can get Wongs yellow out on turn 2 if you bring purple and yellow ap.

Cast wongs yellow then use his purple to send wong away. Next turn tons of strikes. It’s fine I guess.

The ap gen is more interesting to me.

You're right. I messed around in the shield training a bunch.

You guys it's SO much AP gen. I wonder if Darkveil ends up replacing Deathlok or Valkyrie or Agent May in some of those 4* cheese teams I always see.

The problem with Darkveil is that you do have to cast the repeater, but she gets halfway there at the start of the fight for free.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 488 Mover and Shaker
    edited 17 June 2024, 16:52

Why doesn't she have Xmen affliation when she looks like she just raided Storm and Cable's closets?

I wanna strap a ginger mutant baby to her.

• dianetics

@Bzhai said:
    Why doesn't she have Xmen affliation when she looks like she just raided Storm and Cable's closets?

I wanna strap a ginger mutant baby to her.

He is cosplaying as an X-man

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,727 Chairperson of the Boards

Feeder update: she feeds Iceman primarily and Storm secondarily.

• _TrashPanda
    _TrashPanda Posts: 97 Match Maker
    edited 18 June 2024, 18:22

At lvl 530, her purple passive sends target away if they do 6,346 damage (according to the Welcome to S.H.I.E.D Boosted lvls).Does anyone know what her passive would be at 550? @S0kun
    I wish they would include the lvls, match damage & power descriptions at the top of each * further lvl for information sake. For example, what would the info be on a 2* OG ascended to 3/4/5*.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

If you're not ascending 4* you're seriously missing out! Pull some classics and spend those hoards! Darkveil at 5* is going to blow Mayday out of the water.

Not this deep into the game from my position. Pulling classics from the beginning might have been better but doing it now isn't going to add much to my 4* with the dilution in the tier, well apart from favouriting one.

I will keep my hoard in the hope I get two I like out of three some time before I die.

• entrailbucket
    edited 18 June 2024, 22:23

@Tony_Foot said:

@entrailbucket said:

Not this deep into the game from my position. Pulling classics from the beginning might have been better but doing it now isn't going to add much to my 4* with the dilution in the tier, well apart from favouriting one.

I will keep my hoard in the hope I get two I like out of three some time before I die.

It's never too late to start! You can't hit 550 unless you hit 370, 450, 470, etc.

• CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 113 Tile Toppler

Champed her to level 271 and she shines on her Pvp. Take Mthor and Kang as her partners, collect TU's, any of the enemies do match damage or activate their powers againts the purple passive threshold in my case at 2841 damage, will send the target away. When all enemies are away, you win the match. Did have few defensive wins because of this...

• entrailbucket

Just did her event -- she's crazy good. The Away passive is nuts, I didn't realize it could trigger off damage done to her, not just to the allies. The AP gen repeater is great as well.

We will see her in PvP paired with Kang. If you can get enough TU AP these are very fast wins against anything. I think she's a better Kang partner than Deathlok.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 508 Critical Contributor

@entrailbucket said:
    Just did her event -- she's crazy good. The Away passive is nuts, I didn't realize it could trigger off damage done to her, not just to the allies. The AP gen repeater is great as well.

We will see her in PvP paired with Kang. If you can get enough TU AP these are very fast wins against anything. I think she's a better Kang partner than Deathlok.

The 3 of them, Kang DV and Deathlok, take +2 all blue and TU and make a blue match in one of your 1st two turns, done. Worst case, no blue match you end up having to do 3 turns and DL gets you to 9 blue and done. But even without DL it would just take more turns but you're taking like NO damage.

• dianetics

I had him paired with Adam Warlock and he kept sending enemies away after his self damage.
    Went 5 rounds too long because DV kept sending the opponent away. :D:D

• dianetics
    edited 20 June 2024, 07:41

@dianetics said:
    I had him paired with Adam Warlock and he kept sending enemies away after his self damage.

Update with this. I ran Warlock/DV/Kang a few times on DV's required node.
    Knocked out the first enemy. Warlock self damaged and DV sent one away, then I made a match. Then took I damage from the enemy and DV sent the second away on the opponents turn.
    Auto-win resolved.
    Kind of interesting and funny.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    edited 20 June 2024, 13:12

@dianetics said:

@dianetics said:

Update with this. I ran Warlock/DV/Kang a few times on DV's required node.
    Knocked out the first enemy. Warlock self damaged and DV sent one away, then I made a match. Then took I damage from the enemy and DV sent the second away on the opponents turn.
    Auto-win resolved.
    Kind of interesting and funny.

Sooo .... self-damaging abilities, if they are damage-y enough, trigger Darkveil to yeet someone?
    Rush to judgment!

Suggests an advantage in keeping a baby DV around ....

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 288 Mover and Shaker

I don’t have her covered and haven’t tried her yet, but what about teaming her up with Kang and Riri. Full Rainbow, adds a stun, and she would frequently return from away off her stun to pile up AP