Darkveil (Darnell Wade) 4*

Comments

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    edited 14 June 2024, 17:05

One shot characters like this shouldn't be 4*, would be better as a 1*. I would rather have Hercules, Lightspeed or Shatterstar as 4* if you guys want pride people.

If you guys released him as a bonus 1* along with a 4* Shatterstar this month, it would have been nice and a double pride bonus.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,636 Chairperson of the Boards

@SaltnPeppa said:
    One shot characters like this shouldn't be 4*, would be better as a 1*. I would rather have Hercules, Lightspeed or Shatterstar as 4* if you guys want pride people.

If you guys released him as a bonus 1* along with a 4* Shatterstar this month, it would have been nice and a double pride bonus.

Darkveil is heavily rumored to be showing up in the Ironheart TV show (they cast someone from RuPaul's Drag Race), so they're just a bit early, but it makes sense to move her up for Pride month.

• Tac
    Tac Posts: 19 Just Dropped In

if purple passive send away the enemy attacking your front, she's the best kang partner
    if purple passive send away your ally, I'd rather keep her 5-0-5 for her first 3 months until she rotates out of essentials ...

• Jash735
    Jash735 Posts: 87 Match Maker

@Tac said:
    if purple passive send away the enemy attacking your front, she's the best kang partner
    if purple passive send away your ally, I'd rather keep her 5-0-5 for her first 3 months until she rotates out of essentials ...

The purple passive sends the enemy away. Only the active part sends allies away.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 906 Critical Contributor

@entrailbucket said:

@WilliamK1983 said:
    And disney wonders why their box office numbers aren't good.

I know! As soon as they decided to make superheroes "political," it was all over!

We need to go back to the days of Siegel and Shuster, Jack Kirby, Neal Adams, and Alan Moore -- those guys wouldn't touch this kind of controversial stuff. Fantastic creators like Warren Ellis, Mark Millar, Gail Simone and Garth Ennis would never get "woke" today!

Those are both problems but politics and woke aside, the lack of name recognition is hurting them. My comic knowledge is limited, primarily the mcu up to a point. Most characters in game I knew from the movies, learned of them from the game itself, or learned of a character from here on the forums. Not many on here seemed to know who this character was. If this group doesn't know a character, that's bad for disney because the casual followers definitely won't know the character. Hopefully they can get back to what worked for them with xmen and f4.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,727 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

@SaltnPeppa said:

Darkveil is heavily rumored to be showing up in the Ironheart TV show (they cast someone from RuPaul's Drag Race), so they're just a bit early, but it makes sense to move her up for Pride month.

I don’t know if the character Shea Couleé is playing (said to be called Slug) is a renamed Darkveil, a misdirect or an original character.

However the show isn’t debuting until Sept 2025.

I dunno what to think about that exactly but hey, there can certainly be more than one Marvel drag character.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards

@WilliamK1983 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

I know! As soon as they decided to make superheroes "political," it was all over!

We need to go back to the days of Siegel and Shuster, Jack Kirby, Neal Adams, and Alan Moore -- those guys wouldn't touch this kind of controversial stuff. Fantastic creators like Warren Ellis, Mark Millar, Gail Simone and Garth Ennis would never get "woke" today!

Those are both problems but politics and woke aside, the lack of name recognition is hurting them. My comic knowledge is limited, primarily the mcu up to a point. Most characters in game I knew from the movies, learned of them from the game itself, or learned of a character from here on the forums. Not many on here seemed to know who this character was. If this group doesn't know a character, that's bad for disney because the casual followers definitely won't know the character. Hopefully they can get back to what worked for them with xmen and f4.

If your primary source of information is the MCU, then the only way you're ever going to learn about these characters is if they show up in a movie or show. They need to be given a chance to shine or else the next generation is also going to ask, "Who?"

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

Sorry, I was joking. Comics have been "woke" and "political" since the 1940s. Frequently they were a bastion for countercultural forces of all kinds, including plenty of folks with nontraditional ideas of gender and sexuality, and way-outside-the-norm leftist politics.

Disney's problem is that they started making movies that suck, not that they stopped making movies about well-known characters. Nobody had ever heard of the Guardians of the Galaxy before their movie, Ant-Man was a D-lister, heck, the Avengers had taken a backseat to the X-Men for decades!

This character is fine, their origin and motives are pretty terrible but you can say the same for nearly anybody created from the Golden Age upwards. Geez, some of the origin stories for the Legion of Superheroes are so bad @ThisisClemFandango would forgive his granddaughter for the tree picture!

Stan Lee was a complicated man. On the one hand he could have the concept that The X-Men were a counter culture group with Xavier and Magneto representing opposing view points on how to fight against repression. Then he could have a page with Reed Richards telling Sue to shut up and do the house work quietly.

The Avengers were always a bit of a weird one because there was no getting away from the fact that they were an obvious copy of the Justice League of America in concept if not exact replica heroes ( but having Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Namor etc join didn't make them any more original). So despite being Marvel's no.1 team they were rarely the no.1 best seller until the 2000s when they finally gave in and shoehorned Spidey & Wolverine on board. The team that were actually Marvel's big guns for the best part of a decade were the Fantastic Four. The X-Men actually got cancelled in the 1970's! Crikey Alpha Flight were getting big numbers in the 80s!

Whilst I love the GotG films I always wonder what might have happened had they used the original 70s line up for the team and had played it straight and not for laughs.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,590 Chairperson of the Boards

@WilliamK1983 said:

Oh they know, they just don't care. :D:D

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    edited 15 June 2024, 10:32

@ThisisClemFandango would forgive his granddaughter for the tree picture!

No he wouldn't.

• DAZ0273

@ThisisClemFandango said:

No he wouldn't.

Harsh.

I bet if your granddaughter had come up with any of the following that picture would be pride of place on the fridge door in comparison!

Bouncing Boy - Received his powers when accidentally drinking a super plastic formula he thought was soda.

Ultra Boy - Gained his powers after being eaten by a space whale. Real name: Jo Nah

Sun Boy - He got thrown into a nuclear reactor.

Shadow Lass - Got her powers from somebody who lives in a cave.

Karate Kid - Received his powers from Mr. Miyagi obvio...no wait, no, son of Japanese crime lord?!?!? This one can't be right.

• DAZ0273

@entrailbucket said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

We need to go back to the days of Siegel and Shuster, Jack Kirby, Neal Adams, and Alan Moore -- those guys wouldn't touch this kind of controversial stuff. Fantastic creators like Mark Millar, Gail Simone and Garth Ennis would never get "woke" today!

Don't ever go drinking with Mark Millar. It doesn't end well.

• Nurielkun
    Nurielkun Posts: 18 Just Dropped In

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

The team that were actually Marvel's big guns for the best part of a decade were the Fantastic Four.

Exactly! That's why MCU have started with Avengers: because all the big guns: Fantastic Four, X-Men and Spider-Man were licensed elsewhere!

• ThisisClemFandango

OK Jo nah made me laugh more than it should.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,386 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:

@ThisisClemFandango said:

No he wouldn't.

Harsh.

I bet if your granddaughter had come up with any of the following that picture would be pride of place on the fridge door in comparison!

Bouncing Boy - Received his powers when accidentally drinking a super plastic formula he thought was soda.

Ultra Boy - Gained his powers after being eaten by a space whale. Real name: Jo Nah

Sun Boy - He got thrown into a nuclear reactor.

Shadow Lass - Got her powers from somebody who lives in a cave.

Karate Kid - Received his powers from Mr. Miyagi obvio...no wait, no, son of Japanese crime lord?!?!? This one can't be right.

Credit where credit is due, these are hilariously bad for something made up on the HOLY BANANAS THESE ARE REAL?!?!?!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_Boy?wprov=sfla1

• ThisisClemFandango

I'm still not totally sure what's happening, but all her stuff is super cheap and seems to be doing things.

EB has worded it far better than I ever could
    Truly have no idea, probably less now than before the welcome to shield