@DAZ0273 said:

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@rainkingucd said:

@Alfje17 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@WilliamK1983 said:
    A Brit in the Independence Day vault...the disrespect lol

We have three Americans (two of which are Captain America!) in the St. Patricks Day store! I bet Cap never drinks Guinness! I could see DD being a Jameson's man though...

That just shows we need Banshee, Siryn and uh, Black Tom Cassidy in this game?!

How dare you forgot the superhero of Ireland: Shamrock!

Her name is Molly! She has "luck" based powers! She wears green and has red hair!

Her father is a, err, um, fanatical militant Irish nationalist! So he, uh, went to the North of Ireland (wait really??) to beg God to grant powers to his son while his daughter was just hanging out watching the whole thing!

She was in the Contest of Champions paired with Captain Britain!

Her powers manifest themselves as (okay, let me see here): Molly Fitzgerald was somehow mystically changed to become a vessel for souls of people who had died as innocent victims of war. Whenever Molly finds herself in physical trouble, a displaced poltergeist will manifest itself for a fraction of an instant as a burst of energy that ultimately causes improbable incidents to occur for her benefit.

*Edit (wow, okay) She moved to New York to open the "Luck o' the Irish" Pub!

**Edit2: She defeated The Trapster (aka Paste-Pot Pete) and used his glue to give Felicia Hardy's niece a stylish new hairdo!

SHAMROCK!

OMG - I thought Contest of Champions was her only appearance! You mean somebody else used her in a story ON PURPOSE?!?!?

Her powers are what now? Poltergeist luck?!??!?! I...OK...are Poltergeists lucky? I have no idea. Did Banshee have all the Leprechauns locked up in his castle then?

She had better live in Hells Kitchen and hang out in d'Pub with O'Murdoch!

She defeated The Trapster (aka Paste-Pot Pete)

Lies! I t'ink she might be spinning a yarn, so I do!

Wow, this is amazing. So I went looking for her in Marvel Unlimited, and what returned was Guardians of the Galaxy Annual #3 (1991).

The Guardians in the 31st century (Major Victory, Nikki, Charlie-27, Yellowjacket, Talon, Starhawk) have been tasked with finding the Book of Kells as it is the only hope to reintroduce literacy to the world, which has been de-literacized by "Realitee-Vee".

They find Shamrock at Newgrange, and she explains how in the 20th century, Doctor Druid informed her that her poltergeist based powers also grant her eternal life, and tasks her with guarding the Book of Kells for centuries to come. To keep her company, Doctor Druid extracts the ghost of Cú Chulainn from her.

Shamrock defeats Samhain by releasing all the souls of the innocent war victims at once.

Wow. To think somebody typed that, sent it to Marvel and presumably got paid for it!

This particular somebody is named Michael Gallagher.

Yeah, I don’t remember him either.

I’m a bit surprised there was a GotG comic being published back then. The cover is….yeah. Who the heck were those people? The forgotten Guardians….

I...uhm...is he River Dancing there?

I guess the easiest explanation was: 1993

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

There are some more shocking things going on here:

1.) Cuchulain is based upon an Irish myth but how they came up with THAT design is beyond me. This dude can't colour co-ordinate for toffee! I suppose the only reason he isn't a ginger is coz he is from Northern Ireland, eh?
    2.) Why is Yellowjacket randomly part of this team?!?!?!?
    3.) No idea who the monkey/dog person is bottom right?!?!?
    4.) There she is: Shamrock. Poor poor Ireland.
    5.) You have to be amazed at the details in the mountains(?!?) behind them all.
    6.) Rambo was part of the Guardians of the Galaxy - who knew!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think that's Green Lantern, not Shamrock.

My god...

• DAZ0273
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

We have three Americans (two of which are Captain America!) in the St. Patricks Day store! I bet Cap never drinks Guinness! I could see DD being a Jameson's man though...

Technically, it doesn't matter what Cap drinks. Poor guy can't get drunk.

He is already drunk on...Freedom.

But yes, this is true in the MCU - not sure if it ever got covered in the comic books? The only story I ever remember covering anything like it was the "Streets of Poison" story where Cap accidentally inhales some drugs and it interacts with his Super Soldier Serum, turns him in to a numpty and makes him go beat up on O'Daredevil. A True battle of Ireland's finest:

"It's your round, O'Daredevil, so says I!"
    "Now don't be lying to me Captain of the America, I bought the last one, so I did!"

• DAZ0273
    edited 19 March 2024, 13:03
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    I think that's Green Lantern, not Shamrock.

My god...

Meanwhile, in a comic book from DC:

Oh and speaking of Shamrock's:

DC have one too (Edit: Actually no I think that is Marvel's one!) and that costume looks suspiciously familiar...

• DAZ0273
    Options

I do have to think that last one is fake though...

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,298 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    I do have to think that last one is fake though...

Might have been Amalgamated Comics line?

@DAZ0273 said:
    There are some more shocking things going on here:

1.) Cuchulain is based upon an Irish myth but how they came up with THAT design is beyond me. This dude can't colour co-ordinate for toffee! I suppose the only reason he isn't a ginger is coz he is from Northern Ireland, eh?
    2.) Why is Yellowjacket randomly part of this team?!?!?!?
    3.) No idea who the monkey/dog person is bottom right?!?!?
    4.) There she is: Shamrock. Poor poor Ireland.
    5.) You have to be amazed at the details in the mountains(?!?) behind them all.
    6.) Rambo was part of the Guardians of the Galaxy - who knew!

3) That is an Inhuman by the name of Talon, who is also (for reasons?) an Apprentice Sorcerer of the Mystic Arts

6) Major Victory, an 80's astronaut sent in hibernation to Alpha Centauri. When he awoke in the 31st century, humans were already there since they discovered faster than light travel while he was in hibernation. As a founding member of the Guardian's of the Galaxy, he also found Captain America's shield and used it to fight for his space-values. with a shield. in a spaceship.

Anyways, just before he and the team go to meet Shamrock, he gives Cap's shield to the government of Earth to use as a symbol for Truth, Justice, and the American Way a beacon of inspiration that was also a secret comms device if the Guardians were ever needed on Earth.

• DAZ0273
    Options

I think what makes me suspicious is the lack of a cover number Re: Jack/Shamrock.

Major Victory - more like crushing defeat based on his origin story!

Man that must have really sucked losing a space race in your tortoise space ship and then waking up to find out Bon Jovi isn't even popular any more- everybody will have known who shot JR Ewing too!

The 31st Century seems a bit backwards to me clothing wise. MV looks like he just stumbled out of a Bruce Springsteen concert and he still doesn't understand what "Born in the USA" is about. And I guess zips/buttons are no longer a thing judging by at least two of the costumes!

And you would have thought he could have just left them something else like, I dunno, space telephone/pager/fax machine, what with this being the future and all that.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,298 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    I think what makes me suspicious is the lack of a cover number Re: Jack/Shamrock.

Man that must have really sucked losing a space race in your tortoise space ship and then waking up to find out Bon Jovi isn't even popular any more- everybody will have known who shot JR Ewing too!

The 31st Century seems a bit backwards to me clothing wise. MV looks like he just stumbled out of a Bruce Springsteen concert and he still doesn't understand what "Born in the USA" is about. And I guess zips/buttons are no longer a thing judging by at least two of the costumes!

And you would have thought he could have just left them something else like, I dunno, space telephone/pager/fax machine, what with this being the future and all that.

Sadly, a reverse image search provided me with this:

A blog presenting covers to imaginary comic books featuring the greatest team ups that never happened... but should have!

So I guess it's not real.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,974 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 19 March 2024, 17:15
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

Well at the very least Shamrock at least looks the part of a hero on this cover. On the other one you posted, she looks like a frumpy housewife dressing up for St Paddys day / Halloween!

KGB

• DAZ0273
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:

A blog presenting covers to imaginary comic books featuring the greatest team ups that never happened... but should have!

We may have to start a Go Fund Me to make this happen!

• DAZ0273
    Options

@KGB said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Well at the very least Shamrock at least looks the part of a hero on this cover. On the other one you posted, she looks like a frumpy housewife dressing up for St Paddys day / Halloween!

KGB

Life has been hard. She has had to look after a magic book and run a pub, find time to go to the dog track and her superpower is a poltergeist who does random unexplained things that she can't control. And she doesn't even have any Leprechaun pals.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,049 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 20 March 2024, 18:37
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Little off topic (like it's all isn't). How hard is a go fund me my dog had a minor stroke on Friday and bigger one on Sunday took it to vets they wanted like 1800 bucks to treat it .. had to go the cheap way and just do meds for 600.. hate to let them go but 17 years old now blind and can't hear really not sure what to do .busted out crying 5 times so far working today. People look at you like your nuts but they can go **** themselves ... Even now still cant think stopping thinking about him

Now back to happy stuff did one pull got a 5 star. Weee 😂

Weds
    Dog had another stoke. More meds and another 400 buck bill

Not sure how much more I can take

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

It's one of the things I like most in Joe Haldeman's The Forever War: a spaceship gets attacked by an 'enemy from the future', because newer ships have faster engines and use weapons that were invented in the years it took the old ship to get to its mission and return.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@slidecage said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Little off topic (like it's all isn't). How hard is a go fund me my dog had a minor stroke on Friday and bigger one on Sunday took it to vets they wanted like 1800 bucks to treat it .. had to go the cheap way and just do meds for 600.. hate to let them go but 17 years old now blind and can't hear really not sure what to do .busted out crying 5 times so far working today. People look at you like your nuts but they can go **** themselves ... Even now still cant think stopping thinking about him

Sorry never started one.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@slidecage said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Sorry never started one.

I think I'm gonna.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,507 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bluewolf said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@rainkingucd said:

@Alfje17 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

That just shows we need Banshee, Siryn and uh, Black Tom Cassidy in this game?!

How dare you forgot the superhero of Ireland: Shamrock!

Her name is Molly! She has "luck" based powers! She wears green and has red hair!

Her father is a, err, um, fanatical militant Irish nationalist! So he, uh, went to the North of Ireland (wait really??) to beg God to grant powers to his son while his daughter was just hanging out watching the whole thing!

She was in the Contest of Champions paired with Captain Britain!

Her powers manifest themselves as (okay, let me see here): Molly Fitzgerald was somehow mystically changed to become a vessel for souls of people who had died as innocent victims of war. Whenever Molly finds herself in physical trouble, a displaced poltergeist will manifest itself for a fraction of an instant as a burst of energy that ultimately causes improbable incidents to occur for her benefit.

*Edit (wow, okay) She moved to New York to open the "Luck o' the Irish" Pub!

**Edit2: She defeated The Trapster (aka Paste-Pot Pete) and used his glue to give Felicia Hardy's niece a stylish new hairdo!

SHAMROCK!

OMG - I thought Contest of Champions was her only appearance! You mean somebody else used her in a story ON PURPOSE?!?!?

Her powers are what now? Poltergeist luck?!??!?! I...OK...are Poltergeists lucky? I have no idea. Did Banshee have all the Leprechauns locked up in his castle then?

She had better live in Hells Kitchen and hang out in d'Pub with O'Murdoch!

She defeated The Trapster (aka Paste-Pot Pete)

Lies! I t'ink she might be spinning a yarn, so I do!

Wow, this is amazing. So I went looking for her in Marvel Unlimited, and what returned was Guardians of the Galaxy Annual #3 (1991).

The Guardians in the 31st century (Major Victory, Nikki, Charlie-27, Yellowjacket, Talon, Starhawk) have been tasked with finding the Book of Kells as it is the only hope to reintroduce literacy to the world, which has been de-literacized by "Realitee-Vee".

They find Shamrock at Newgrange, and she explains how in the 20th century, Doctor Druid informed her that her poltergeist based powers also grant her eternal life, and tasks her with guarding the Book of Kells for centuries to come. To keep her company, Doctor Druid extracts the ghost of Cú Chulainn from her.

Shamrock defeats Samhain by releasing all the souls of the innocent war victims at once.

Wow. To think somebody typed that, sent it to Marvel and presumably got paid for it!

This particular somebody is named Michael Gallagher.

Yeah, I don’t remember him either.

I’m a bit surprised there was a GotG comic being published back then. The cover is….yeah. Who the heck were those people? The forgotten Guardians….

The "classic" Guardians of the Galaxy. Back when the comic was set in the far future of the 616 -- almost the whole team were "sole survivors" of one kind or another, most of them from human colonies such as Mercury, Jupiter, Pluto, etc which were wiped out by an alien invasion.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,049 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 22 March 2024, 15:09
    Options

@slidecage said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Weds
    Dog had another stoke. More meds and another 400 buck bill

Not sure how much more I can take

Not sure what I'm doing but needed to post this somewhere

Took you for a walk last Friday when you first fell over. Ended up taking you to the vets on Saturday to hear you had an ear infection and thought that was all..

Sunday you had another fit and had to rush you to the vets to find out you had a stroke and infection .

..Monday and Tues came and went and you seemed fine .. weds morning you and another attack and fell off your bed. You looked at me like I was going to be mad that you was going to make me late for work...damn them I said and took you back to the vets and 2 hours later they gave you back to me and off we went back home

Thursday I got up and petted you and told u I would see you later that night .. I got home and you still wouldn't eat anything . Not even the ice cream I got you ..

Around 7 we sat down and I gave you my pepperion off my pizza and for the first time in 3 days you finally ate something and though it was over ..an hour later you look at me and then fell over again . I ran across the room and held you tight as you took your finally breath

Remember stormy I will always love you and remember all the times you sat with me while I played these games..you always wondering what was flashing on the screen

Rip stormy may you find spanky coco and sassy plus the 20+ cats we had ..you will always be my birthday boy (got him 2 dats after mine and we always shared a cake)
    July 31 2008 to march 21 2024

Now back to the game
    Have 20k left so pull 4 more times. Hopefully they keep doing these 1 stars for 20, so far got 3. Juggie vemon storm if I wait for 6 or,8. I should have 120k to160k saved for next vault
    Since got 3600 tokens so that should almost max them to 550 (earn 20k per each )

Thank you for allowing me to raint just miss him so much .. day 1 of a long time of heartbreak

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options

So sorry for your loss @slidecage - losing pets is gut-wrenching. It's always too soon, but it sounds like they had a long, happy life with you.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Sorry to hear of the loss. I still miss my dearly departed Dash dog 1 1/2 years after his passing so it is hard.