March madness?

Options

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Well this took a turn…

At first I thought I’d just get the “good” 1a5s so passed on Hawkeye and Iron Man but got Spidey and Juggs. Then I realized they are such a good reward factory and give more boosted options that I opted to get any offered. That said I’m still missing IM/HE. I decided I’m no longer getting VIP until they’re offered to me again lol. There has to be a way they can sell just to folks who passed. I’m still getting those stupid SCL bundle offers that I’ve never once bought. So c’mon devs, let me give you my 40 bucks so I can finally unhoard some standards!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I finished my first Spidey today, working on my second 450 now.
    Good times.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 721 Critical Contributor
    Options

@slidecage said:

@WilliamK1983 said:
    Or stop accepting them and try a different form of pain management. There are other options.

if so then tell me where cause the only option is to take what they are giving or or another thing of pain management with insurance will cost me 200 per visit and 90 per visit for therypy what i cant afford (almost **** myself the first time i went and saw the doctor bill 5 mins for 235 bucks... down from 900 if i had no insurance

then maybe again i should be like the 99% of people in united states and cry and demand disabity and demand the goverment pay for all of my stuff instead of working 10 to 12 hour days

Pain is a symptom, go after whats causing it which(not knowing your circumstances) is most likely inflammation. Turmeric is a great start, Gaia Herbs is the brand I take.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I would be very interested to see who bought the second round of 1-5s when they offered repeats; were they more new purchases or repeat? There's no question if your goal is maximizing resource gain they represented the absolute best deal in the game (far better, really, than buying VIP twice) as long as you are playing enough.

On a different note: if you are in a position that you are looking at 370ing any (first copy) 4s in the next few covers, favoring them now and getting the 1000 HP at 370 and using it in the vault is probably the best way to maximize free resources since you would probably be buying a roster slot soon enough for the new dupe. This assumes you're not swimming in roster slots...just an approach I hit upon rather than letting the game force me into spending 1200 HP on a roster slot alone whenever I get those last couple of covers. Instead I can speed up the payout while the vault is open and maximize my return.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I have a bunch of 4s who are indeed just coming up on 370 and that has helped a lot in my ability to enjoy this vault. Can do another 40 pack tomorrow.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    edited 10 March 2024, 21:46
    Options

The Madness of March Vault is open for 21 more days, and unless you have tens of thousands of HP you're planning to spend on 40 packs each day, it's actually slightly cheaper to buy four 10-packs (4,800 or 120 each) than one 40-pack (5,000, or 125 each.) And if you manage to pull almost all the best rewards in the first 30, then you can pay 300 to reset the vault or just wait until the next day.

I'm assuming many players will run out of HP buying 11 pulls per day for 1,300 HP before the end of 21 more days? I know I will...

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 664 Critical Contributor
    Options

Topic being derailed by mad ramblings?
    《 ClemFandango has entered the chat 》

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,049 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 11 March 2024, 10:45
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:

@slidecage said:

@WilliamK1983 said:
    Or stop accepting them and try a different form of pain management. There are other options.

if so then tell me where cause the only option is to take what they are giving or or another thing of pain management with insurance will cost me 200 per visit and 90 per visit for therypy what i cant afford (almost **** myself the first time i went and saw the doctor bill 5 mins for 235 bucks... down from 900 if i had no insurance

then maybe again i should be like the 99% of people in united states and cry and demand disabity and demand the goverment pay for all of my stuff instead of working 10 to 12 hour days

Pain is a symptom, go after whats causing it which(not knowing your circumstances) is most likely inflammation. Turmeric is a great start, Gaia Herbs is the brand I take.

last off topic

i got 2 pinch nerves in my neck 1 herniated disc and Scoliosis with DDD under went mri in 2022 and another in 2023 and got a lot worse. they want me to do a fcs test but insurance dont pay and its a 900 buck 7 hour test that is why im crankie alot

now back on topic

back up to 25k that will be enough for 5 more pulls ....up to 470 slots hopefully end up with around 480 at end thought i had a lot more open slots seem only 64 open

**** didnt notice that the 10 packs were cheaper.. could be the way to go last few weeks

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I’ve been doing a 40/10/reset daily. The only concern I have is that Shang, Jane and Okoye are already 550 and what if they do a vault with other fives instead? Would I have regretted dropping all my coin here? I’m mostly pulling because Omega, Strange, Kang, America and a bunch of LL pulls make it feel still worth it.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:
    I’ve been doing a 40/10/reset daily. The only concern I have is that Shang, Jane and Okoye are already 550 and what if they do a vault with other fives instead? Would I have regretted dropping all my coin here? I’m mostly pulling because Omega, Strange, Kang, America and a bunch of LL pulls make it feel still worth it.

Start prepping for ascended 5*s....? 😈

• trenchdigger
    trenchdigger Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options

I'm in the same boat as Daredevil, as I don't want 4 of the 8 5s, and wonder if this type of vault is going to become a more regular feature and whether I should wait until there is a version of the vault that contains a selection of 5s that fits better with my roster.
    So I'm just pulling a single cover for 100 each day, to get my daily fix.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@trenchdigger said:
    I'm in the same boat as Daredevil, as I don't want 4 of the 8 5s, and wonder if this type of vault is going to become a more regular feature and whether I should wait until there is a version of the vault that contains a selection of 5s that fits better with my roster.
    So I'm just pulling a single cover for 100 each day, to get my daily fix.

I am predicting a quarterly repeat of basically this vault. The cheap pull cost means it appeals to a large swath of players down to people who don’t usually spend much. They will almost certainty continue to heavily weight meta/high utilization 5s that vets, heavily engaged, moderate to heavy spenders etc will have champed and possibly 550d. But people who have spent/played less will find it appealing and drop HP and possibly cash they wouldn’t otherwise.

• WilliamK1983
    Options

@slidecage said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

@slidecage said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

last off topic

i got 2 pinch nerves in my neck 1 herniated disc and Scoliosis with DDD under went mri in 2022 and another in 2023 and got a lot worse. they want me to do a fcs test but insurance dont pay and its a 900 buck 7 hour test that is why im crankie alot

now back on topic

back up to 25k that will be enough for 5 more pulls ....up to 470 slots hopefully end up with around 480 at end thought i had a lot more open slots seem only 64 open

**** didnt notice that the 10 packs were cheaper.. could be the way to go last few weeks

I broke my neck a little over 21 years ago. We can DM more if you want, don't wanna create extra mod work for @Scofie 😉

• slidecage
    Options

Down to 15 k. Or 3 more pulls
    So far

26 five stars
    25 shards (5500)
    20 slots

Think only pulled outfit twice

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,507 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:

I've been more-or-less emptying it, it all depends on what is left as to whether or not I reset it. I've maxxed out my Okoye and Kang, OR and MThor are almost there, and I'll probably make it with Shang if I tap into my CP for Classics before the end of March (which I almost certainly will as I'm swimming in LTs.)

The LTs alone are almost certainly worth it. While I agree that a different composition would be awesome, the December deal was only a little different, so I don't think I'd expect it. I plan to keep going until I'm below 10k HP, and honestly if they make the same deal available in, say, May, I'll still probably just do it as much as I can.

• slidecage
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@Daredevil217 said:

I've been more-or-less emptying it, it all depends on what is left as to whether or not I reset it. I've maxxed out my Okoye and Kang, OR and MThor are almost there, and I'll probably make it with Shang if I tap into my CP for Classics before the end of March (which I almost certainly will as I'm swimming in LTs.)

The LTs alone are almost certainly worth it. While I agree that a different composition would be awesome, the December deal was only a little different, so I don't think I'd expect it. I plan to keep going until I'm below 10k HP, and honestly if they make the same deal available in, say, May, I'll still probably just do it as much as I can.

I'm thinking 4 of July. Now who would the 5 be

Captain America. .. Peggy ..not sure other 3

Nah then again who would buy that vault ...

• WilliamK1983
    Options

A Brit in the Independence Day vault...the disrespect lol

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,298 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:
    A Brit in the Independence Day vault...the disrespect lol

If it wasn't for the British, the US wouldn't even have an independence day, so it does make sense

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 450 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@slidecage said:

I'm thinking 4 of July. Now who would the 5 be

Captain America. .. Peggy ..not sure other 3

Nah then again who would buy that vault ...

As long as the vault has a similar composition I'd buy it out just about as much as I could. Yeah, the current one is pretty nuts but the value is still basically there even with lesser characters... after a certain point ANY 5* cover is a good cover if it can be gotten cheaply/efficiently.

Now that we're expecting these quarterly though, BCS will decide to change it up because they hate consistency. See the baffling decision to NOT feature the latest support in the last heroic boss event after doing so in all the previous runs.