Training Montage Community Challenge 2024

Options

Comments

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options

I expect to see the champ 10 x 2* reappear next week going by past experience

• CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Options

Hi any update on this, its been 24 hours since I finished the last quest, even champ 10 2* heroes for it.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I have promoted a single Nightcrawler finally, and started a second one. Will I hit 3?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited 29 February 2024, 17:19
    Options

new quests are live, looks like a lot of specific ability use 25x. puzzle gauntlet should help there. however the only native 2* I have on roster unascended are cap, torch, bag-man, and nightcrawler (last two have no associated quests). using the 3* ascended versions of ares and captain marvel didn't advance the power counter at all, so I am probably out of luck seeing this event through.

• First311
    First311 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    new quests are live, looks like a lot of specific ability use 25x. puzzle gauntlet should help there. however the only native 2* I have on roster unascended are cap, torch, bag-man, and nightcrawler (last two have no associated quests). using the 3* ascended versions of ares and captain marvel didn't advance the power counter at all, so I am probably out of luck seeing this event through.

Same here. I only have 1 native 2* these days because of ascension. Would be great to be able to use ascended versions.

• carol63
    carol63 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:
    Wow, that is crazy. Hey, here's this great new feature where you can advance characters on your roster to higher levels.

Have you been having fun with the new feature? Great. Now here's a new event that punishes you for using the feature we gave you. Have fun!

Exactly. Deeply unhelpful.Bah!

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    edited 29 February 2024, 19:44
    Options

I think the devs just need to update the game's code so that Ascended 1-2★ characters are always recognized / allowed / treated as 1-2★ characters, so we can stop having dumb problems like not being able to complete these Event Quests (without rostering and champing 8 new characters in the next 6 days) or not being able to play a couple Deadpool's Daily Quest nodes each day (is DDQ really the sacred hill they're willing to die on?)

Even for something like the Combined Arms event (teams of a 2★, a 3★, and a 4★) do we really care anymore?

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options

Whoever you end up using, these are some tedious quests to complete.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,345 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 29 February 2024, 20:24
    Options

It has been reported that Teamups count for these quests. So you could request 2* TUs, bring them with Okoye and half Thor, spam TU tiles etc.

But. 25x for each one over 6 days? No thanks.

A good one for early players, I think.

• kuntilanak
    kuntilanak Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options

Firing 25x power of any characters within a 6-day period is s rather tall order already. Coupled with restriction of only actual 2* but not the ascended ones will be counted, which by now I'd imagine a lot of players have done that to their 2*, it really makes me wonder what are the dev smoking sometimes...

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Nice challenges for players at that level - we had others that they've been locked out of so it doesn't seem unreasonable that they get something geared towards them.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options

@DrClever said:
    Nice challenges for players at that level - we had others that they've been locked out of so it doesn't seem unreasonable that they get something geared towards them.

But how many players are there "at that level"? Even casual, new-ish players could easily be Ascending their 2★ into 3★ by now. So the devs are targeting... players who have only spent between 30 & 90 days playing? Paranoid players who refuse to Ascend and continue to Farm? Seems like it would be a tiny fraction of the active player base.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

I think this was just the lowest stakes way to let people know the new “complete roster” is going to be every character at every ascension level, since they said it would be possible right from the start. So if you want to have full access, you’ll want to make sure you have backfills after ascension. I feel like it is unlikely we will see something like this for natural born 4* characters all that often because having them at all is kind of a vet-centric thing to do, but I could easily expect that any low tier character that has been sold for money at various tiers will be fair game for this type of thing in the future.

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

My guess is actually that they intended for the ascended versions to count. And of course they don't.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@meadowsweet said:

@DrClever said:

But how many players are there "at that level"? Even casual, new-ish players could easily be Ascending their 2★ into 3★ by now. So the devs are targeting... players who have only spent between 30 & 90 days playing?

My alt account is roughly a year in and would be very happy with this set of challenges because it's still farming 2*s and could easily be using them for reasonable rewards, plus obviously the ISO would be great.

How many players this group is I have no idea. Nor do I know how many players have ascended all their 2*s.

But both sets of players exist, and this is for the former which is fine by me - I just won't bother with the second set of tasks.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited 1 March 2024, 13:57
    Options

@scottee I don’t think so. They’ve said that when they make the star tier explicit, that will be the ascension level required, and when any version counts it will just say the character name.

• Jash735
    Jash735 Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options

I just started farming my 2*’s when the champ 10 2’s quest popped up. Luckily I had every cover necessary to make the new quests. Got all 16 now.