Training Montage Community Challenge 2024

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    They could also bring back Sakaar and just have round the clock, small player batch lightning round pvp for like 4 days straight. People loved that, right? You can tell because it's been run so many times since then.

The gold standard for this were the 4* Thor launch lightning rounds, during (I think?) the second anniversary. It was like 10 player brackets or something insane.

Yep, those.
    Some people didn't sleep for a week to hit all of these.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 663 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@entrailbucket said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    They could also bring back Sakaar and just have round the clock, small player batch lightning round pvp for like 4 days straight. People loved that, right? You can tell because it's been run so many times since then.

The gold standard for this were the 4* Thor launch lightning rounds, during (I think?) the second anniversary. It was like 10 player brackets or something insane.

Yep, those.

I love some people are willing to risk lack of sleep psychosis so they can score #1 on a mobile game.
    Now it's not for me to say if these people are mental.
    But they are.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:

@Bowgentle said:

@entrailbucket said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Yep, those.

I love some people are willing to risk lack of sleep psychosis so they can score #1 on a mobile game.
    But they are.

Staying up like that to win stuff is crazy.

Staying up like that to smite one's enemies is admirable. One of the best players I ever knew stayed up like 72 hours straight and attacked the same player like 1000 straight times in PvP.

I miss that guy, he made a collage of all the victory screenshots.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 663 Critical Contributor
    Options

Pmsl! I don't even know where to start with that!
    72 hours!

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Bowgentle said:

@entrailbucket said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Yep, those.

But they are.

Staying up like that to smite one's enemies is admirable. One of the best players I ever knew stayed up like 72 hours straight and attacked the same player like 1000 straight times in PvP.

That guy would probably have a 2-5 NC already. 😝

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Pmsl! I don't even know where to start with that!
    72 hours!

I think both players finished that event with something like 200 or 300 points. This was way before wins based progression, too.

Winning is boring. Find ways to amuse yourself in MPQ that are outside the actual structure of the game.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,048 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 21 February 2024, 21:50
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Bowgentle said:

@entrailbucket said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Yep, those.

But they are.

I used to set my clock so I could do my final runs in pve when I first joined years ago one major was 4 star thor. So I could place high enough to get cover .. these days I'm like blah... Top 500 good enough lol

Staying up 72 hours straight is easy to do when your young .. I remember I think I made 50 to 60 hours and mother did around 80. The days following when my sister got hit by car ... But back then (late 80s ) had no internet so just watched MTV... Probably saw that one bangle video 100 times in those hours :)

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options

Could we have a link so we can monitor progress like we had for previous challenges

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@turbomoose said:
    Could we have a link so we can monitor progress like we had for previous challenges

Especially one that does actually work, please! ;)

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@turbomoose said:

Could we add an as-needed "Community" tab in the Quests section so that we could refresh the stats in-game? That would also let me know that it's okay to switch from delayed gratification to immediate gratification and start applying covers and levels.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Godzillafan67 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@turbomoose said:

Could we add an as-needed "Community" tab in the Quests section so that we could refresh the stats in-game? That would also let me know that it's okay to switch from delayed gratification to immediate gratification and start applying covers and levels.

Ooooh...immediate gratification...I need that...preferably immediately, if not sooner!

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So, is this officially active now? Or do we have to wait for a time of day?

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,507 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Borstock said:
    So, is this officially active now? Or do we have to wait for a time of day?

I'm guessing noon EST, that's when a lot of these things start. So 1:15 from now.

• DJ47057
    DJ47057 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options

Hmmm.... but he is in packs already

• MPQBlaine
    MPQBlaine ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options

The public dashboard is live! I've updated the main thread and linked it below. Also, for those asking, progress started last night at midnight PST. We'll share the cutoff date when we get closer to it.

Progress Dashboard
    https://mpq.social/tmcc

• MPQBlaine
    MPQBlaine ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options

The community team and I are also setting some time aside later today to try and comb through any questions that will arise as you all start your montage!

In the meantime, let me know what your montage music would be!