Training Montage Community Challenge 2024

Options

Comments

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options

@sambrookjm said:
    For the "25 stuns with a 2-star" quest, the stun doesn't have to come from a 2-star character's ability. Throw a couple of 2-stars with Chasm on an easy node, and that's three stuns right there.

I did that in PvP Shield (except I backed out). That knocked the 25 matches too.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@tiomono said:
    I'm not a fan of the champ 10 2* characters quest. All of my 2 stars are ascended. I do not think I can build 10 characters from scratch without saved covers or shards in a 2 week window. Feels less like a training montage and more like a pay to complete montage.

Yeah, pretty sure I won't do that. But the rewards aren't all that are they?

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@tiomono sai> @DrClever said:

@tiomono said:
    I'm not a fan of the champ 10 2* characters quest. All of my 2 stars are ascended. I do not think I can build 10 characters from scratch without saved covers or shards in a 2 week window. Feels less like a training montage and more like a pay to complete montage.

I would love an extra 50k iso for completing all the quests.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,345 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@NMANOZ1 said:

@sambrookjm said:
    For the "25 stuns with a 2-star" quest, the stun doesn't have to come from a 2-star character's ability. Throw a couple of 2-stars with Chasm on an easy node, and that's three stuns right there.

I did that in PvP Shield (except I backed out). That knocked the 25 matches too.

Use 5thanos, if you have him, with a 2 on the team, in the Big Enchilada. You’ll get a lot of stuns each time.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@tiomono said:

@tiomono said:

I'm in this same boat - need that Iso but no chance I am building 10 2* from scratch (I might have a part built Ms Marvel to do one and that is it)

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@tiomono said:

@tiomono said:

Champing 10 2s will cost you a lot more than that 50k ISO.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 23 February 2024, 13:34
    Options

if you clear out the ascension essentials vault a bunch, maybe you can get there. but the new nightcrawler (2/2/3) and a 2/1/2 Bag-Man are currently my only un-champed 2s and I don't think I'll be foregoing adding champ levels in order to start new ones for this. Guess we'll see how it all plays out over time but it doesn't feel doable for me.

• Adric1123
    Adric1123 Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options

@tiomono said:

@tiomono said:

Just think of it this way: Yes, you're losing 50k Iso for not finishing everything, but you're GAINING 750k Iso by not champing 10 2*s. You net out 700k Iso ahead, which I think is way better than 50k Iso.

• DAZ0273
    Options

All my 2* covers go into Ascended 2's and the motley crew of 2's I do have left (Daken, Bullseye, Bagman) in that tier can do DDQ and that is about all, so really it is mostly dead to me and I don't think SpiderCrawler is going to change anything no matter how much he loves his sister.

• bickle
    bickle Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options

This seems like a bad joke

• First311
    First311 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@tiomono said:

@tiomono said:

I'm in this same boat - need that Iso but no chance I am building 10 2* from scratch (I might have a part built Ms Marvel to do one and that is it)

I don't like the feeling that the final 50k iso (which I want desperately) is gated behind this 2* champ quest.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@First311 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@tiomono said:

@tiomono said:

I don't like the feeling that the final 50k iso (which I want desperately) is gated behind this 2* champ quest.

I'm not a fan myself. To the top percentage of players who are post-iso and have enormous resource levels ascension has been nothing but a win/win but even though I am a veteran 5* player, ascension has absolutely stretched me beyond limits and some of the quests this time are going to be super hard and probably not worth pursuing for me. I don't have resources spare for the 2* tier when I have so many fully covered 5* waiting for iso to be champed. I wont be taking any 2's to 5* land anytime soon so any malarky about that is on deaf ears here.

It is what it is and sorry I can't help more.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Even before ascension taking 10 two stars to champ would've taken me a lot longer than this time frame and would be filling 10 slots for nothing as I would've had them at a variety of levels.

I'm not targeting any of this, if it happens naturally all good if not cba.

• Nero
    Nero Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options

I'm short on iso, but have all 2* covered exept the new one.

Any idea for the others quests ?

It's a thing like building 10 3* or so ?

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Also remember that there are 16 quests but only 8 of them are currently showing. I’m assuming the next 8 won’t show until we finish the first 8, since the only one I have remaining is the champ one. I am building the 10 champs (I’ll need them for ascension anyway, and I have the roster slots open), but don’t imagine I’ll finish them in the next couple days obviously… and then might have to rush the next 8? All of this just for iso makes me a little… uninterested?

• Mariorogers
    Mariorogers Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options

I want to have all the superheroes of my favorite heroes but i want dr. Strange

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Options

Not sure if this has been asked or if i am missing it but, Can we get progress tracking of the 100 2NC5?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,345 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 23 February 2024, 18:40
    Options

@Codex said:
    Not sure if this has been asked or if i am missing it but, Can we get progress tracking of the 100 2NC5?

I’m not trying for it but based on his stats etc he’s not exactly good enough to make you feel good about burning resources to speed run to 450 and ending up, say, 103rd.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@First311 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@tiomono said:

@tiomono said:

Again, to get that 50k you need to spend 750k champing 2s.
    Ignore that 50k ISO.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Anybody even close to a 3* yet?