Training Montage Community Challenge 2024

Options

Comments

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Excited about the double iso, but also slightly sad it is during a boss/puzzle gauntlet period.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options

More 2*s yay!!!

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options

Need a Tier 6 challenge with a stone support reward (Mind, Space and Soul would be great).

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This feels like an attempt to get folks to unhoard. I have a modest hoard compared to many others. 1480 Heroics, 1024 standards I’m stockpiling until they sell me Hawkeye and Iron Man 1a5 again. I passed the first time. Once I have all 1s at ascended, I’ll open however many standards I’ve amassed. 1140 Elite. I’m not sure if that’s enough to compete the challenge but I have a rank 3 reality stone, 16 million iso and 7 million red iso. My Astonishing Wolverines are 3* 212, 2* 144, and 2* 119. So all I’d be getting of value is a head start on leveling 2* Wolvie. This is a mega pass. But I hope other people who need it unhoard and maybe if they offer a stone I don’t have during the next 2* release I’d consider it and have a better chance at success.

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    edited 20 February 2024, 05:05
    Options

Funniest thing is, the 100 that will get the stone most likely already have a 5* version of it, lololololol

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think you should get points for using 5SL with that costume each day. Or at least a vault token or something.

• kitson
    kitson Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options

Will each of these actions earn the same value of points?
    Leveling UP
    Adding Covers
    Championing
    Max Championing
    Ascending

• kitson
    kitson Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options

@bluewolf said:
    ...or 994 2s from tokens with even distribution, which if you slept 8 hours would be opening a 2* every minute the rest of the day on average.

Quick Claim will speed that process considerably. I've seen some folks with mulri-thousand-token hoards... (Not me, mind you -- I'm just gonna have fun watching from the 3*-Land Sidelines.)

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 572 Critical Contributor
    edited 20 February 2024, 08:25
    Options

I tried to do the math. My Math sucks, but i think i'm close.

Minimum of 1020 covers (i think my math is right but my math sucks).

Elite have a 3/4 chance to be 2 star.

14 2 stars once Nightcrawler is added.

so, 75% of the time, you'll have a 7% chance to get Nightcrawler.

SO, you're likely to get 1 nightcrawler, per 19 pulls.

so to get 1020 covers you could potentially need 19,380 elite tokens.

when it comes to Heroic, my brain is tired but i think you'll get a 2 star 71% of the time, so it'll be >20,000 Heroics (singles, the odds with 10 pack or 40 pack are"worse" for 2stars).

This isn't taking into account whatever "increased odds" he'll have, but they better be seriously increased

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm pretty sure they'll sell a lot of covers for him in various offers.

• HowDoIUnlockBatman
    HowDoIUnlockBatman Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options

So basically, everybody do exactly what they would be doing anyway because it's not like anyone is purposefully not levelling up their characters (except for a very small percentage of hoarders) and it's not like double ISO and chain quests are going to result in more than 1-2 extra champs during the period.

What will make or break the total is whether there are 100 (or more) people who are going to break their hoard or spend their way to ascending nightcrawler to 5*. I mean how long since champions 2.0? 5 months or so? Has anyone got a 2* to 5* without buying or breaking a hoard? I'm not even close. I haven't even maxed an ascended 4* yet and i complete every event, open every token, use every bit of ISO i have.

I would be surprised to find out there were 10 whales playing this game. Nevermind 100 so i guess we'll find out exactly how big/small/active the player base is by how massively we fail or overshoot the target.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 20 February 2024, 11:45
    Options

Upon further reflection, it may be that the timeframe on the Ascend 2NC contest is open-ended vs a 2 week limit. It is hard to say for sure either way, since it’s not clearly stated one way or the other.

As far as community activity, other than hoarding - which is I’m sure atypical - most players just open tokens and apply covers as they go. The devs have all the data they need to see how much of the rewarded activities happen in a 2 week timespan when designing goals and assisting points to activities. So, if it’s more than normally occurs as far as points needed, then spending money or hoarded tokens would make the difference among the whole community, probably not 100 people.

A lot of players are keeping large numbers of LTs in a hoard due to general assessment of Latest 3 and this could be an attempt to convince them to use some of those tokens.

Lastly, a lot of token hoards result from roster slot demand pressure, and dilution is not any different, so setting a challenge to open more tokens will result in more slot need for players who take part.

This is far different from challenges that require matching more blue tiles, etc and feels like it’s mostly designed to encourage spending behavior.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Very curious about the scale of the “increased opportunity to earn 2* Nightcrawler covers” mentioned in passing there. That is going to affect the math in here quite a bit I think.

• Bowgentle
    Options

I hope we'll blow through this in 5 days, and the stretch goal will be a stone for everyone.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Very curious about the scale of the “increased opportunity to earn 2* Nightcrawler covers” mentioned in passing there. That is going to affect the math in here quite a bit I think.

If we got a 2* NC PvP they could do it like they used to with April Fools Bagman where every prize was Bagman, that would toss a few NC covers into the pot.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

They could also bring back Sakaar and just have round the clock, small player batch lightning round pvp for like 4 days straight. People loved that, right? You can tell because it's been run so many times since then.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    They could also bring back Sakaar and just have round the clock, small player batch lightning round pvp for like 4 days straight. People loved that, right? You can tell because it's been run so many times since then.

We loved the first instance, where they gave anniversary tokens.
    The one with 1:266 odds sucked.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Yeah the one with hardly any players in so you were assured high placement was great!

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

The gold standard for this were the 4* Thor launch lightning rounds, during (I think?) the second anniversary. It was like 10 player brackets or something insane.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Well all I know is I don't have any iso to level up anybody so if you lot need me to help with this and you are post-iso then you'd best be nominating me to get your share so I can help! DM the Devs and tell CS! If you don't do this then it is clearly unfair and a breach of my human rights. Remember the GotG challenge when I nearly had a nervous breakdown on here? Nobody wants a repeat of that so do the smart thing!