Support Jackpot Shards Issue & Resolution

Options

Comments

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I received a pretty fast response also, and 27 shards.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,300 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hmm, submitted Wednesday morning and still nothing. Will wait till after the holidays I suppose

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options

I wish I understood why someone can submit a ticket and get no response for weeks but someone else submits the same request the next day and gets a response within 24 hours. How does support ticket queuing work?

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,989 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2023
    Options

@helix72 said:
    I wish I understood why someone can submit a ticket and get no response for weeks but someone else submits the same request the next day and gets a response within 24 hours. How does support ticket queuing work?

What info did you give in your ticket. I submitted mine last night and I got a response today about an hour ago.

In my ticket I listed the date I opened the tokens and approximately how many I opened along with where I wanted the bonus shards applied (this maybe sped up the process of checking my account).

What I don't understand is how they are determining what you get. In my case I opened 20 20 advanced and about 60 beginner supports. From that they determined I should get 6 (yes 6) bonus support shards. So the people who are getting 20ish must have opened a whole lot more tokens than me and it appears bonus shards on supports must be incredibly rare and only give out a tiny amount.

KGB

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 302 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I just redeemed 2 standard support tokens and only got the 20 fave shards, I would believe that’s linked to this issue here…

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,573 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Haven't received a response to my ticket yet either.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

@helix72 said:

What info did you give in your ticket. I submitted mine last night and I got a response today about an hour ago.

In my ticket I listed the date I opened the tokens and approximately how many I opened along with where I wanted the bonus shards applied (this maybe sped up the process of checking my account).

What I don't understand is how they are determining what you get. In my case I opened 20 20 advanced and about 60 beginner supports. From that they determined I should get 6 (yes 6) bonus support shards. So the people who are getting 20ish must have opened a whole lot more tokens than me and it appears bonus shards on supports must be incredibly rare and only give out a tiny amount.

KGB

People were opening enough to take a support from 4 to 5. I know someone who got about 80 for taking rtf to 5*

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah haven't heard back yet, either.

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,594 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Alfje17 said:
    Got 190 shards so far, so I must have opened 19 tokens, but never had any bonus, so worth a shot asking CS.

Got 28 bonus shards within 24h, so thanks CS!

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,725 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Drlex said:
    @IceIX
    I don't believe I got any jackpot shards during that time. I cannot put in a ticket as no body has responded to my over 2 month ticket from the anniversary. How do I proceed?

Same, just checked I have one open from the 9th October!

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Yeah, really seems like a lot of effort to make no one particularly happy.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,573 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DrClever said:
    Yeah, really seems like a lot of effort to make no one particularly happy.

Welcome to the world of the customer service department.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@meadowsweet said:
    This just seems like another own-goal by the devs (the original bug, as well as the confusing customer service aftermath.)

From the replies in this thread so far, it sounds like people are receiving at most 25-30 shards? It costs 100 shards to upgrade from 1-2★ and 1,600 shards to upgrade from 4-5★ and they're making it this confusing and frustrating and wasting their own employees' time over 25-30 shards? Just give 30 shards to every active player on their next login and be done with it. They've given out tokens like candy in the past when they've made mistakes - what's the difference this time?

Yeah so much this.
    Over Christmas, too, so that this takes as long as possible.

• waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Really disappointed in the (lack) of resolution. Not only was I offered 56 shards after opening a large number of tokens, I couldn't even use them as I applied them and nothing happened with the support.

• StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options

If I had known the possible reward for putting in a ticket would be about 20 support shards I probably wouldn't have taken the effort. I didn't open that many tokens (about 35?) so I will not be disappointed even if I get nothing at all.

I am curious however, has anyone opened a token and actually gotten some bonus shards the way it's supposed to work? How many shards are given when you get a bonus pull?

I mean, is it divided in 10/20/50 or something? I have no idea what we could expect or what the frame of reference is.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@StevO-J said:
    If I had known the possible reward for putting in a ticket would be about 20 support shards I probably wouldn't have taken the effort. I didn't open that many tokens (about 35?) so I will not be disappointed even if I get nothing at all.

I am curious however, has anyone opened a token and actually gotten some bonus shards the way it's supposed to work? How many shards are given when you get a bonus pull?

I mean, is it divided in 10/20/50 or something? I have no idea what we could expect or what the frame of reference is.

I got one 50 yesterday and one 100 right now.

• AdeptusRevolt
    AdeptusRevolt Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options

@StevO-J said:

People have posted images of getting 50/100/300 shards as bonuses. If you even got one bonus, it probably wouldn't have been 20.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 977 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2023
    Options

Per CS, I supposedly earned 46 bonus shards from the retro calculations. Was notified on Friday, though they haven't actually hit my account yet.
    Not exactly sure how they were calculated, but it's better than nothing.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,309 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

At least you have heard back. I am still waiting for a resolution.