Support Jackpot Shards Issue & Resolution

Options
S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

Between the release of the Support Shard system on Dec 4th and Patch R293 on Dec 19th, some players may have noticed that Support Jackpot Shards may not have been triggered in line with how the character shards system works. This parity was the original intent of the both system's implementation.

We've resolved the issue with R293, but if you feel like you did not receive or received fewer Jackpot Shards than you normally would have in a similar Character Shards scenario, please contact our CS team and they'll have a look into your pull data to see if you're eligible for a support shards reimbursement that should've potentially been triggered during your original draws.

To expedite this, please let CS know what Support you would like any Shards to be appended to if it's found that you are owed shards. Note that you should probably choose a Support you own already, as Shards appended to an unowned Support cannot be used until you DO own that Support.

CS will credit out Support Shards to any users that would have statistically pulled Jackpot Shards via either aggregate number of pulls or pity Jackpots. It's impossible to give clarity on exactly what that cutoff is however since each pack has different odds and counters, it needs to be calculated out on a per user basis. As a general rule of thumb, if you pulled more than 20 total Support tokens since Jackpot Shards were active on Dec 4th, you'd be owed something, while someone that pulled 2 Beginner tokens would very likely not have received a Jackpot.

Please note that due to the holidays, it may take longer than normal to get to your ticket, but rest assured that we'll get to them all! To start your CS ticket, please visit the below.
https://mpq.social/cs

Comments

• StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options

Allright, at the risk of sounding like a simpleton... what are Jackpot Shards? Is that the same as Bonus Shards?

Oh. and the link doesn't work. ('mqp' should be 'mpq'),

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 664 Critical Contributor
    Options

The link doesn't work or I'm stupid
    To be honest either is entirely possible

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 664 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2023
    Options

@StevO-J said:
    Allright, at the risk of sounding like a simpleton... what are Jackpot Shards? Is that the same as Bonus Shards?

So sometimes when you pull a support token you might get a bonus as you would with a heroic/mighty token.
    And yes it's the same thing

• waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    The link doesn't work or I'm stupid
    To be honest either is entirely possible

There's a typo - it has mqp instead of mpq.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Oh wow. I seriously thought there were no bonus shards for supports. I know I’ve never gotten any. Maybe I’ll check CS then.

• StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:

@StevO-J said:

So sometimes when you pull a support token you might get a bonus as you would with a heroic/mighty token.

Wait, that's a thing? So the fact I opened somewhere between 40-50 Support tokens and never got the shiny Bonus thingy (like in cover tokens) even once might qualify me for this...?

M'kay, interesting enough to maybe look into this. Thanks!

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Sorry for the typo folks. I promise I'm not checked out for the holidays already!

• meteor0905
    meteor0905 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options

I pulled over 250 token and got none🥲

Meteor0905

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Options

Wow. I did not even realize that was the intent. Good on the player base that noticed.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm not sure how I would know if I missed out or not?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So you just want to us to send tickets without any idea if we qualify?
    OK then.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Mod mode off

I think it says above: if it's around 20 pulls then you will get something. The thing is it's a bit random so in theory you could have got jackpot shards on the 1st pull. As much as I don't want to suggest speculative tickets, there is a possibility you'll get something with 5 or more pulls.

I pulled about 120 tokens, so my ticket is in!

• Bowgentle
    Options

Yeah I pulled a lot so I put in a ticket.
    I wonder if they'll really look into individual cases or - as with Nico - everyone will end up with the same blanket compensation.

• DAZ0273
    Options

I pulled some tokens but no idea how many but not as many as above, maybe 20, possibly more but I dunno for sure so...eh, if I miss out I missed out.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Also when I saw this thread title I honestly thought we had got a new Support and this was the Jackpot referred to:

So I have been doubly confused here...

• Scofie
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    I pulled some tokens but no idea how many but not as many as above, maybe 20, possibly more but I dunno for sure so...eh, if I miss out I missed out.

Put in a ticket. See what happens. 😀

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

I wonder if they'll really look into individual cases or - as with Nico - everyone will end up with the same blanket compensation.

Going with “B” since they’ll certainly be flooded with requests.

• Scofie
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

If the pity counter automatically goes off at 20 pulls, for example, you might get shards for every 11 pulls, or part thereof, to balance, but I would expect it to be based on that ratio rather than a blanket compensation amount.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@Scofie said:

@Bowgentle said:

If the pity counter automatically goes off at 20 pulls, for example, you might get shards for every 11 pulls, or part thereof, to balance, but I would expect it to be based on that ratio rather than a blanket compensation amount.

Yeah I would have expected Nico to be based on your actual Nico, too.
    We saw what happened with that.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If there’s a script that can be run easily to check tokens opened, bonus rate and reward based on that (per request)….maybe.

But if - as I suspect - hundreds or thousands of people ask for them to look at it, it’ll probably be easier to blanket compensate. Especially given holiday time off, issues with people activating new devices they got for Christmas, etc etc.