Support Jackpot Shards Issue & Resolution

Options

Comments

• Mooncraft
    Mooncraft Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options

I still have an open character swap ticket open from 8. October which was never answered. That shows the length of the que.

I respect the effort of CS’s but it will be a nightmare for a foreseeable future.

I also think that a blanket compensation could have been easier.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,975 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I pulled 100+ to move my R4 RTF to R5 so I'll be putting in a ticket.

But if this takes an indeterminate amount of time, you may suddenly get favorites for a support you might not want depending on what your favorite is at the time. So players are going to have to be wary when selecting their favorite and what they leave it on as they could get shards for a support they don't want now.

KGB

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@Scofie said:

@Bowgentle said:
    Yeah I pulled a lot so I put in a ticket.
    I wonder if they'll really look into individual cases or - as with Nico - everyone will end up with the same blanket compensation.

If the pity counter automatically goes off at 20 pulls, for example, you might get shards for every 11 pulls, or part thereof, to balance, but I would expect it to be based on that ratio rather than a blanket compensation amount.

Yeah I would have expected Nico to be based on your actual Nico, too.
    We saw what happened with that.

@Mooncraft said:
    I still have an open character swap ticket open from 8. October which was never answered. That shows the length of the que.

I respect the effort of CS’s but it will be a nightmare for a foreseeable future.

I also think that a blanket compensation could have been easier.

Hi @Mooncraft - if you DM me the ticket number I can ask someone to look into it for you.

• Scofie
    Options

@KGB said:
    I pulled 100+ to move my R4 RTF to R5 so I'll be putting in a ticket.

But if this takes an indeterminate amount of time, you may suddenly get favorites for a support you might not want depending on what your favorite is at the time. So players are going to have to be wary when selecting their favorite and what they leave it on as they could get shards for a support they don't want now.

KGB

I've told them in my ticket where to send the jackpot shards. May well be a manual process.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options

I pulled about 30 tokens possibly more, I honestly couldn’t tell you if I got any jackpot or not, I don’t remember seeing the word jackpot so maybe I should put in a ticket

Have no idea how to raise one as last time I did that was over 5 years ago

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@turbomoose said:
    I pulled about 30 tokens possibly more, I honestly couldn’t tell you if I got any jackpot or not, I don’t remember seeing the word jackpot so maybe I should put in a ticket

Never contacted CS for anything. I genuinely feel a bit uneasy about it coz I have no idea if I deserve anything and don't like the idea of being a chancer. I'm probably being stupid about it but I sort of feel like CS will be all "Liar!!!! Banned!!!" and I wouldn't be able to defend myself coz I have no idea if I am a Supports Shard criminal or not! I wish Wonder Woman could nip round, pop her magic lasso on me and we could find out if I am telling the truth or not.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

CS really, really doesn't care.
    At worst you'll get a "lol nope".

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@turbomoose said:

Never contacted CS for anything. I genuinely feel a bit uneasy about it coz I have no idea if I deserve anything and don't like the idea of being a chancer. I'm probably being stupid about it but I sort of feel like CS will be all "Liar!!!! Banned!!!" and I wouldn't be able to defend myself coz I have no idea if I am a Supports Shard criminal or not! I wish Wonder Woman could nip round, pop her magic lasso on me and we could find out if I am telling the truth or not.

Its not an issue of deserve or being a chancer. Technically, you either opened those support tokens or didnt.

You can't even blame the "old vet complainers who bully the devs" for raising a stink, since no one knew this was an issue.

1. In any case, if your playstyle, was open the support tokens as they came. Then you probably won't get much.

2. But I suspect, Alot of players, had stockpiled/ bough bundles tokens specifically for the new support system, and opened them once the system debuted.

I don't think its a big issue aside from being a customer satisfaction initiative. and to be fair, its an incredibly generous offer that is similar to what d3 did for game outages.

Dont forget in the early years, the game would occasionally have actual outages that prevented play during pvp, pve etc. The policy at that time would give tokens to ALL players not just people who complained.

And by complained, people did lose meaningful placements because of shield issues etc.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Phumade said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@turbomoose said:

Its not an issue of deserve or being a chancer. Technically, you either opened those support tokens or didnt.

You can't even blame the "old vet complainers who bully the devs" for raising a stink, since no one knew this was an issue.

1. In any case, if your playstyle, was open the support tokens as they came. Then you probably won't get much.

2. But I suspect, Alot of players, had stockpiled/ bough bundles tokens specifically for the new support system, and opened them once the system debuted.

I don't think its a big issue aside from being a customer satisfaction initiative. and to be fair, its an incredibly generous offer that is similar to what d3 did for game outages.

Dont forget in the early years, the game would occasionally have actual outages that prevented play during pvp, pve etc. The policy at that time would give tokens to ALL players not just people who complained.

And by complained, people did lose meaningful placements because of shield issues etc.

I opened some tokens. I have no idea how many. I sort of tend to open them intermittently - I definitely opened all I had once the Shard thingy went live but I don't track these things and don't remember how many. I have zero left right now so obviously must have opened any others I earned in the meantime.I bought the Master Support vault or whatever it was called so some from there.

And I am definitely not applying my self imposed stupidity or reticence to others - I appreciate that on the face of it I am being slightly irrational and certainly don't have dishonest intentions and that is true of anybody else who contacts CS.

I can't really explain why I am so reluctant - I guess because I would literally be plucking something out of the air without factual basis. Blame a former legal background I guess for an over reliance on the need for "evidence" (although bleeding people dry should come easy!)

I will sleep on it.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    CS really, really doesn't care.
    At worst you'll get a "lol nope".

Thanks Bow. Will definitely consider it.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,967 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2023
    Options

I just wish they'd publicize this stuff a bit more, via an in game notification of some sort. Or give every player the rewards. There are players that are eligible and will miss out on this because they didn't know about it.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options

@bluewolf said:
    If there’s a script that can be run easily to check tokens opened, bonus rate and reward based on that (per request)….maybe.

My gut says that if there was an easy way to automate checking accounts and giving rewards, they would have already done that

The fact that they wrote a forum post asking us to do the legwork and escalate using the honor system would seem to indicate that script does not exist and cannot easily be created

• Drlex
    Drlex Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options

@IceIX
    I don't believe I got any jackpot shards during that time. I cannot put in a ticket as no body has responded to my over 2 month ticket from the anniversary. How do I proceed?

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Submitted my ticket. We'll see what happens. I had a decent hoard when I pulled.

• Scofie
    Options

@Drlex said:
    @IceIX
    I don't believe I got any jackpot shards during that time. I cannot put in a ticket as no body has responded to my over 2 month ticket from the anniversary. How do I proceed?

@Drlex - DM me the ticket number and I'll see if I can get it resolved for you.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Heck, I didn't know this was a thing. I submitted a claim. I've got no idea how many supports I opened, but it was enough to get RTF from LVL 3 to 5, and almost get Lockheed from 4 to 5, so it was quite a bit...

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Got 190 shards so far, so I must have opened 19 tokens, but never had any bonus, so worth a shot asking CS.

• Scofie
    Options

Well I got a quick resolution but only 29 shards. Ah well, they all count... 😆

• Drlex
    Options

@Scofie said:

@Drlex said:
    @IceIX

@Drlex - DM me the ticket number and I'll see if I can get it resolved for you.

I don't know where to find the number. I only got the automated response and then nothing since. I wrote more but nothing from them.

• Drlex
    Options

Okay, I was able to submit a ticket via an email.