Venom Heroic

Comments

• fatcatfan wrote:
    Wait, so my carefully maintained position at the top of the 100-200 rank may now be threatened by unlimited grinding in the last hours? I'm gonna have to work at this instead of casually coasting across the finish line?

I was just wondering how many people were going to repeat that last match over and over. icon_lol.gif I'm going to wait until near the end and see if I have to and how many times. Lol. Leap-frogging into first with this new addition is going to feel like banging my head against a wall. Heh.
    And some of us are using Juggernaut for the repeatable and doing exactly that icon_e_wink.gif
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    And some of us are using Juggernaut for the repeatable and doing exactly that icon_e_wink.gif

Lol! Unlike Juggernaut, I think my head would actually feel exploding. icon_razz.gif
  • cepage wrote:
    This is a mess. There is no incentive to be in 1st place right now, since you only get 15 points per match. The logical behavior is for everyone to gather in a twenty-car pileup at second place, wait until the final 10 minutes of the tournament, and start spamming fights and see where you end up.

This is a very anticlimactic end to a sustained half-week event.

You could say it is a suitably farcical end to a pretty messed up tournament!
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    fatcatfan wrote:
    Wait, so my carefully maintained position at the top of the 100-200 rank may now be threatened by unlimited grinding in the last hours? I'm gonna have to work at this instead of casually coasting across the finish line?

I was just wondering how many people were going to repeat that last match over and over. icon_lol.gif I'm going to wait until near the end and see if I have to and how many times. Lol. Leap-frogging into first with this new addition is going to feel like banging my head against a wall. Heh.
    How is Juggs faster than a boosted Wolvie?

Haven't checked my bracket yet, but meh, don't want to grind. I actually preferred the non-repeatable. I was perfectly set for 1st.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    cepage wrote:
    This is a mess. There is no incentive to be in 1st place right now, since you only get 15 points per match. The logical behavior is for everyone to gather in a twenty-car pileup at second place, wait until the final 10 minutes of the tournament, and start spamming fights and see where you end up.

Could not have said it better myself
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    The Ladder wrote:
    cepage wrote:

Definitely. Pretty cruddy way to end it. At least there were a good number of rewards along the way *shrug*.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    It certainly seems like a kick to the rear of those who have been playing it smart thus far but, I believe the purpose is to get people to spend Hero Points and ISO-8 if they want to finish at the top. Personally, I was shooting for first but, it's not worth it if I have to spend my reward before I even get it.
  • If anyone's dumb enough to spend large amounts of Hero Points to get 1000 HP instead of 500HP, they deserve what they get.

Nor do I suspect most people who are ready to drop major cash on the game don't have a team that can clear the repeatable and leave with full health already. I haven't spent a dime and I have that, using minimal boosts.
  • Well said but, I just know there's somebody out there who doesn't have any or many of the IM40 covers yet and are willing to pay to get them this way rather than chancing random pulls that also cost major hero points/cash. :/
  • ****!!!!!!!!
  • HulkSmash wrote:
    ****!!!!!!!!
    Gl. Ur #3 right now it looks like in my bracket.

What set up should I use for the first rag mission? I feel I need to take him down first since that bull with 3 ap reds is so strong. My wolvie is up to 38 and my juggz and IM are my only real options (both basically maxed..off a Lvl or two). I usually run red yellow ap +3, all+3, and either +20% dark avenger or +20% minion. Any ideas? I feel I might just have to throw myself at it and hope for some major luck.
  • My wolvie is up to 38 and my juggz and IM are my only real options (both basically maxed..off a Lvl or two). I usually run red yellow ap +3, all+3, and either +20% dark avenger or +20% minion. Any ideas? I feel I might just have to throw myself at it and hope for some major luck.

Wolverine/Juggernaut is not a great combo. You can accumulate red to power Wolverine's green attack, or you can spend red to Headbutt, but you can't do both. You could try swapping out one of them for Black Widow. She can steal red from Ragnarok before he smashes you, and feed it to your main attacker.
  • HulkSmash wrote:
    ****!!!!!!!!
    Gl. Ur #3 right now it looks like in my bracket.

What set up should I use for the first rag mission? I feel I need to take him down first since that bull with 3 ap reds is so strong. My wolvie is up to 38 and my juggz and IM are my only real options (both basically maxed..off a Lvl or two). I usually run red yellow ap +3, all+3, and either +20% dark avenger or +20% minion. Any ideas? I feel I might just have to throw myself at it and hope for some major luck.

I can consistently beat the 1st Rag mission with no boosts and only a lvl 25 Wolverine. Also have a LVL 37 Widow to deal with the countdown tiles and a LVL 15 Spiderman Classic (with only blue and purple powers) - only use him cause none of my other Characters are eligible.
  • This is the part where I realize that I've basically been grinding for three hours for five bucks' worth of Hero Points and call it.
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    This is the part where I realize that I've basically been grinding for three hours for five bucks' worth of Hero Points and call it.

Ditto. I'm in second right now and I've decided I'm done unless I fall out of the top 15.
  • Kind of disappointing the missions became repeatable again with no warning. I didn't bother to check figuring I'd do my last few missions when I had time and move on.
  • cepage wrote:
    My wolvie is up to 38 and my juggz and IM are my only real options (both basically maxed..off a Lvl or two). I usually run red yellow ap +3, all+3, and either +20% dark avenger or +20% minion. Any ideas? I feel I might just have to throw myself at it and hope for some major luck.

Wolverine/Juggernaut is not a great combo. You can accumulate red to power Wolverine's green attack, or you can spend red to Headbutt, but you can't do both. You could try swapping out one of them for Black Widow. She can steal red from Ragnarok before he smashes you, and feed it to your main attacker.

Yea, I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't have to. A Lvl 8 widow doesn't cut it though (only have the 2 from event). At least juggz I can use to tank a turn when I see the ai has enough ap to use something. Plus I usually just save up ap until I have enough to spam an enemy to death with headbutt. So I usually have red enough stored for wolvie. I am asking for suggestions..what I really want is some way to make my current team win a round lol. It's not like I'm going to buy a bunch of packs out of nowhere for this. Thanks for the response though

@ captain batman. "Only wolvie" and "also with a Lvl 37 card with a 200% bonus"
    s not the same thing lol... That bonus gives huge critical and tiles. If I had more, I'd use her. But Lvl 8 is too weak.
  • My bracket has 4 bunched up at the top fighting for that extra 500HP. By fighting I mean not doing anything... I am in 3ed and 300 will put me in first so have to wait for the last minute. The fourth place person can't win at the last minute so I have to assume they will take a shot before the end. When they do I will be forced to take first or be out of range. I think the end of this one is going to be interesting after all.
  • @ captain batman. "Only wolvie" and "also with a Lvl 37 card with a 200% bonus"
    s not the same thing lol... That bonus gives huge critical and tiles. If I had more, I'd use her. But Lvl 8 is too weak.

She actually doesn't get much of a hit in, Wolvie does all the damage in the match. She just keeps those countdowns from going off. I focus on getting red, keep Rags from taking it. Whenever I have enough green, do feral claws. Once I have 20 red - and by this time all remaining red on the board are my strike tiles - I cast adamantium slash on him twice and he's down.
  • Do we think the heroic boosts will last until the next heroic or do they expire in an hour?