Venom Heroic

Comments

• forgrim wrote:
    there both worth 300 points and one is harder than the other so...it doesn't even matter if there's two or 10, everyone will do the easiest one haha

Which one besides the last one? I'd check but I don't want to tip off my bracket yet.
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2013
    forgrim wrote:
    there both worth 300 points and one is harder than the other so...it doesn't even matter if there's two or 10, everyone will do the easiest one haha

I will farm both...... until the hard one gives only 20 iso.
  • well i assume its the two that was repeatable the first day (i haven't touched venom heroic all day today, simply cuz i don't care and aiming for 15-30 bracket).

The first day, the 120 yelena one and the 3 villains with ragnarok were both repeatable, but clearly u'd do the yelena one cuz it was so much easier.
  • Which can repeat? last fight is the one? If so, I guess I am f ed unless there are others in my bracket unable to beat it. I'll be sad and a tad angry if I drop out of top 30 due to this (was looking to get a top 15 but I am sure there will be 5-10 players behind me able to beat the last boss for repeat).

What sucks for 1st place is if #1 #2 and #3 are close on the last 5-10 min, 3rd place has the advantage because they might be able to get 2 full scores at the buzzer to only 1 full and 1 weak. That's just wrong.

Only thing more wrong...is to change a tournement format the last day of an event. There might be ppl who got off a few hours ago clinging to hop for a, say, top
    15 but instead might drop down to a sub 30 rank with ease if its not a weak bracket. I guess I just have to hope I am on an equally weak bracket to myself....

I was first with a potential 315 point lead until this tinykittying tinykitty threw out all my successful scheming.
  • forgrim wrote:
    well i assume its the two that was repeatable the first day (i haven't touched venom heroic all day today, simply cuz i don't care and aiming for 15-30 bracket).

The first day, the 120 yelena one and the 3 villains with ragnarok were both repeatable, but clearly u'd do the yelena one cuz it was so much easier.

With the muscle and Hitman?

I don't start playing until later for better brackets.
  • Ranzera wrote:

Randomly making one mission repeatable is not a bug.

ETA: changing the format midway through a tourney is extremely bad form. I was not mad about their bug but you can throw me under the extremely annoyed column now.

Exactly - if they just let the mess up ride out it would have been ok but opening up the repeatable in the end with the existing rubber banding bug just ruins it for those of us who made the best of things. What is the point of forming a strategy if an arbitrary rules change can totally mess it up?
  • greggray24 wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:

ETA: changing the format midway through a tourney is extremely bad form. I was not mad about their bug but you can throw me under the extremely annoyed column now.

Exactly - if they just let the mess up ride out it would have been ok but opening up the repeatable in the end with the existing rubber banding bug just ruins it for those of us who made the best of things. What is the point of forming a strategy if an arbitrary rules change can totally mess it up?
    Following that strategy put me ahead of every other person in my bracket at the start of the final twelve hours. The repeatables don't put everyone on equal footing - they just change the situation from one in which nobody else can win to one where I have a distinct advantage.
  • forgrim wrote:
    well i assume its the two that was repeatable the first day (i haven't touched venom heroic all day today, simply cuz i don't care and aiming for 15-30 bracket).

I think people have managed to forget that the exact same two missions were repeatable the first 12 hours as well.

As for easier -- I often find the 3 villain one easier. If the Muscle gets a single yellow off then the Yelena mission goes very bad very quickly.
  • mytisbrewin
    mytisbrewin Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    I thought we had a tournament which rewarded consistent playing time and skill over a period with no rush to the finish line at 5am for those of us in Europe, but I guess not.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    JohnduBois wrote:
    greggray24 wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:

Following that strategy put me ahead of every other person in my bracket at the start of the final twelve hours. The repeatables don't put everyone on equal footing - they just change the situation from one in which nobody else can win to one where I have a distinct advantage.

I don't see why you have an advantage? It is easy to catch first place no matter how far back you are. They key is if your score minus the 3ed place person's score is close to 300. If it is within 14 of 300 then you can beat them at the buzzer with 15. I need like 13 15pt wins in order to get the proper lead once in first. Of course that would open up a 300 pt win from the 4th place person hosing me. Perhaps there is no real strategy except to stay out of first. Second place with a 300 pt win at the buzzer is the only way to be sure to win but getting 2nd without going over into 1st is not possible without luck as well - so it comes down to luck.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    forgrim wrote:

I think people have managed to forget that the exact same two missions were repeatable the first 12 hours as well.

As for easier -- I often find the 3 villain one easier. If the Muscle gets a single yellow off then the Yelena mission goes very bad very quickly.

I didn't forget - i just thought they decided that, due to the rubber band bug, that it was not a good idea to have them so turned them off.
  • greggray24 wrote:
    JohnduBois wrote:
    greggray24 wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:

I don't see why you have an advantage? It is easy to catch first place no matter how far back you are. They key is if your score minus the 3ed place person's score is close to 300. If it is within 14 of 300 then you can beat them at the buzzer with 15. I need like 13 15pt wins in order to get the proper lead once in first. Of course that would open up a 300 pt win from the 4th place person hosing me. Perhaps there is no real strategy except to stay out of first. Second place with a 300 pt win at the buzzer is the only way to be sure to win but getting 2nd without going over into 1st is not possible without luck as well - so it comes down to luck.
    Every time someone else has to win more matches than you to beat you, you have an advantage.
  • Really at this point if you have already completed all the missions, you can only wait for the time to end.

Unless they add a final hour of reset or something like that. I just have to ride out and hope I can stay in the top 50... I wants that IM40 Red and Blue.
  • rabscutle wrote:
    Really at this point if you have already completed all the missions, you can only wait for the time to end.

Unless they add a final hour of reset or something like that. I just have to ride out and hope I can stay in the top 50... I wants that IM40 Red and Blue.

Do the repeatable missions get used up?
  • Here is to hoping I'm in a predominantly sleepy euro bracket I guess lol... Even the 120 yelena is outside my win range without insane fortune of the cascade gods. The thug is just...too damn strong for me to deal with at the same time.

Maybe I am a cynic, but I can't help but hear someone say outloud "open the floodgates. Daddy needs a new car" for stuff like this. I assume its just poorly put together + bugs, as the dev team has seemed to respond actively and do a pretty good job, but its hard not to think that (I'm sure the 1st place cap is an accident as it decreases spending).
  • Polkio wrote:
    SO I can be the first one ... yum yum

You mean second? icon_e_wink.gif
    I thought we had a tournament which rewarded consistent playing time and skill over a period with no rush to the finish line at 5am for those of us in Europe, but I guess not.

Yeah, again another tournament where it doesn't matter what you do for 90% of time, because everything is resolved in last 10% of time icon_neutral.gif And I hoped for good sleep tonight...
  • This is a mess. There is no incentive to be in 1st place right now, since you only get 15 points per match. The logical behavior is for everyone to gather in a twenty-car pileup at second place, wait until the final 10 minutes of the tournament, and start spamming fights and see where you end up.

This is a very anticlimactic end to a sustained half-week event.
  • Wait, so my carefully maintained position at the top of the 100-200 rank may now be threatened by unlimited grinding in the last hours? I'm gonna have to work at this instead of casually coasting across the finish line?
  • Maybe I am a cynic, but I can't help but hear someone say outloud "open the floodgates. Daddy needs a new car" for stuff like this. I assume its just poorly put together + bugs, as the dev team has seemed to respond actively and do a pretty good job, but its hard not to think that (I'm sure the 1st place cap is an accident as it decreases spending).

This REALLY isn't a tournament that encourages spending. Top 2 and Top 15 are only differentiated by 500 HP, so you'd be an idiot to spend to try to push to Top 2. 3-15 and 16-30 are exactly the same if you don't want to upgrade Recharge any further -- which many people like myself don't -- so I have no incentive to push hard to stay in the Top 15. Combine that with "whoever is in first place at any given moment gets actively hosed," and... welp.

I've pretty much given up on logic and reason for this event. It's a shame, because I _want_ more PvE and I like having grindable goals where I'm not being crabbed down by other players -- though, of course, in this one I finished all the progression rewards on day 1. Unstable ISO pretty much did it mostly right. Juggy Heroic wasn't bad. This is one of those "shrug and move on" deals.
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    Wait, so my carefully maintained position at the top of the 100-200 rank may now be threatened by unlimited grinding in the last hours? I'm gonna have to work at this instead of casually coasting across the finish line?

I was just wondering how many people were going to repeat that last match over and over. icon_lol.gif I'm going to wait until near the end and see if I have to and how many times. Lol. Leap-frogging into first with this new addition is going to feel like banging my head against a wall. Heh.