Venom Heroic

Comments

• Zathrus wrote:
    Repeatable for big points if you are behind, or just the 15? If it's the former then I'll be a bit miffed, pretty much kills the point of doing any runs earlier in the week.

You're going to be a bit miffed.

Yeah, there goes any chance of a good placing unless I stay up all night... not doing that..at least I can farm the mission rewards, so it's not all bad... But I really hope it's run differently next time around.
  • Misguided wrote:
    I only really want to finish top 30 in this one and have been around 3-4 the last few days, but this will make it rather easy for dozens of people to pass me right by if they want to. Ugh.

Yes true. Like I said unheroic event. I thought that it could not been worse but I was wrong. Europeans once again are f....

At least I will max 3* with lightning rounds
  • Repeatable mission - This is a surprise IceIX refers to?
  • I'm not getting my points, it rewards me with 300 points but then it doesn't show up on the map screen and my rank isn't increasing,

Bug or am I misunderstanding something
  • Congratulations, your reward for having maintained a top position for the last for days is... You now only have to grind the repeatable 495 times instead of 500!
  • Wow, what a kick in the nuts icon_e_surprised.gif. Making the last round repeatable for 300pts a shot unless you are in first where it is 15 is just stupid. Means it will be pretty much pure luck who gets first (unless not alot of people in your bracket can do the last mission).
  • Twanbon wrote:
    Congratulations, your reward for having maintained a top position for the last for days is... You now only have to grind the repeatable 495 times instead of 500!

Yea but if you are in first then you need 20 wins to equal 1 win for the second place person. Also means that everything you did up to this round does not matter. That is just wrong.

EDIT - Thinking about it, I guess it is not so fair to those not in first that they have no hope of catching if the first 2 are playing leap frog. I just wish they would allow the first place person to have 300pts too so it is an actual competition rather than a battle to stay in second by the smallest margin and hitting the 300 at the buzzer... I guess if you are in first then your strategy is to be 299 ahead of the pack with 15pt wins so you can be more than 300 ahead at the buzzer with a 15pt win.

Oh well - I just need blue and red covers - top 30 will cost me 525HP I guess. Still wishing I spent less time on this over the week since I could have easily caught first place this afternoon. What a messed up tournament.
  • greggray24 wrote:
    Twanbon wrote:
    Congratulations, your reward for having maintained a top position for the last for days is... You now only have to grind the repeatable 495 times instead of 500!

Yea but if you are in first then you need 20 wins to equal 1 win for the second place person. Also means that everything you did up to this round does not matter. That is just wrong.

EDIT - Thinking about it, I guess it is not so fair to those not in first that they have no hope of catching if the first 2 are playing leap frog. I just wish they would allow the first place person to have 300pts too so it is an actual competition rather than a battle to stay in second by the smallest margin and hitting the 300 at the buzzer... I guess if you are in first then your strategy is to be 299 ahead of the pack with 15pt wins so you can be more than 300 ahead at the buzzer with a 15pt win.

Oh well - I just need blue and red covers - top 30 will cost me 525HP I guess. Still wishing I spent less time on this over the week since I could have easily caught first place this afternoon. What a messed up tournament.

+1
  • I agree it's not fair to those who weren't highly ranked that they couldn't gain points/ranking w/o a repeatable, but the way the scoring works for being #1 also sucks. But IceIX already acknowledged that the scoring was broken and that he wasn't sure that they would be able to fix it without a client side patch. So we're stuck with it, as broken as it may be.
  • Wow IceX, do you guys actually only want people to play on the last day or is this a 6 week long coincidence?
  • Ranzera wrote:
    Wow IceX, do you guys actually only want people to play on the last day or is this a 6 week long coincidence?

iceix has acknowledged something going really wrong with the point scoring on this event and that it might/can't be fixed with server side, needs a client update.

chalk it up to a bug, wrap it up nicely, and continue on with the other events.
  • forgrim wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:
    Wow IceX, do you guys actually only want people to play on the last day or is this a 6 week long coincidence?

iceix has acknowledged something going really wrong with the point scoring on this event and that it might/can't be fixed with server side, needs a client update.

chalk it up to a bug, wrap it up nicely, and continue on with the other events.

Randomly making one mission repeatable is not a bug.

ETA: changing the format midway through a tourney is extremely bad form. I was not mad about their bug but you can throw me under the extremely annoyed column now.
  • that one mission repeatable is the bug, and its been just popping up randomly (when the heroic kicked off, two missions were repeatable than 4 resets in became repeatable again)

edit: and the event notes state that all missions are one time thing
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    I'm pretty dubious that that's a bug with all this talk of a surprise that hasn't materialized yet.

I'm just glad my bracket hasn't figured this out yet. I'm going to have a tiny **** kitty night. I've still got a plan but this is stupid.
  • i highly doubt the repeatable is the surprise...but if it is, i don't even know what to say, cuz it'll 99% make ppl unhappy, whereas only 1% will be happy.
  • Well R43 hasn't hit yet...
  • 300 was bad enough game of leapfrog but at least you could manage it somewhat without a repeatable... seriously dont understand the logic of why the devs decided final day needed 2 repeatable missions...

final hours repeatable at 300 pts? this really meant this heroic mission is just whoever decides to grind. i could go from last to top of my bracket in 60 battles now... i'll probably hang onto top 50 but top 15 is pretty unlikely as i'll be out with friends... my buffer i built up this week is gone... color me annoyed.
  • Catalyst wrote:
    300 was bad enough game of leapfrog but at least you could manage it somewhat without a repeatable... seriously dont understand the logic of why the devs decided final day needed 2 repeatable missions...

final hours repeatable at 300 pts? this really meant this heroic mission is just whoever decides to grind. i could go from last to top of my bracket in 60 battles now... i'll probably hang onto top 50 but top 15 is pretty unlikely as i'll be out with friends... my buffer i built up this week is gone... color me annoyed.

There's 2!?!?! Tiny mother kittying kitty son of a kitty kitty!
  • there both worth 300 points and one is harder than the other so...it doesn't even matter if there's two or 10, everyone will do the easiest one haha
  • Which can repeat? last fight is the one? If so, I guess I am f ed unless there are others in my bracket unable to beat it. I'll be sad and a tad angry if I drop out of top 30 due to this (was looking to get a top 15 but I am sure there will be 5-10 players behind me able to beat the last boss for repeat).

What sucks for 1st place is if #1 #2 and #3 are close on the last 5-10 min, 3rd place has the advantage because they might be able to get 2 full scores at the buzzer to only 1 full and 1 weak. That's just wrong.

Only thing more wrong...is to change a tournement format the last day of an event. There might be ppl who got off a few hours ago clinging to hop for a, say, top
    15 but instead might drop down to a sub 30 rank with ease if its not a weak bracket. I guess I just have to hope I am on an equally weak bracket to myself....