Venom Heroic

Hmmm... There seems to be 115 points on the map, with the top reward at 1000 points and a mission reset every 12 hours. Sounds like there has to be a repeatable. If there are 6 resets and you complete the full map each time, assuming the point values don't change, that would add up to 115*7 or 805. Getting the Black Widow covers would be nice, but not sure I want to kill myself for them.

They've also added boosts that only work in heroic mode, which do 150% damage and are purchasable with HP. I can't see spending hero points on something so disposable, personally.

One interesting thing about the design of the event is that it encourages play throughout the entire period, compared to the Juggernaut heroic.

Thoughts?

Comments

• I keep getting excited for these heroic events but I keep getting extremely let down by the seemingly completely random character blocks. It seems like, more often than not, this game is forcing me to use characters that I haven't devolved/don't have any of and while it's fun from time to time, I want to use the guys I've been putting my time into. ESPECIALLY, in a PvE setting.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dissaointed to see mission points increase after i completed the missions so who starts the heroic after me gets more points, h ok wever i cant repeat them...
  • turul wrote:
    Dissaointed to see mission points increase after i completed the missions so who starts the heroic after me gets more points, h ok wever i cant repeat them...

Huh, I hadn't realized that. That may be for when the missions reset, which could mean that if you play more, you have more missions that increase in value...

Actually, I just did a mission and checked immediately after and it had not increased, so you may have been right.
  • As mentioned above I'd like to see a pve situation or even a tournament where I actually get to use the characters I've been leveling. Finally managed to get my A team (Thor, C Storm and Daken) fully leveled up and have yet to use them. And these are all characters that have received a push recently. Go figure.

As for charging hp for boosts you can only use in one mode good luck with that. I could see it working with iso but it's yor call.

Apart from that looks good... but very hard with low level characters. But then tbats the point I guess isn't it.
  • IronyMan wrote:
    I keep getting excited for these heroic events but I keep getting extremely let down by the seemingly completely random character blocks. It seems like, more often than not, this game is forcing me to use characters that I haven't devolved/don't have any of and while it's fun from time to time, I want to use the guys I've been putting my time into. ESPECIALLY, in a PvE setting.

But the entire point is to encourage you to put your time into more characters. At this point I have max level on most 1*'s (except Venom, Yelena, and Juggernaut), max on Thor and high level on Wolverine and C Storm, mid level Captain, and I'm working up my 3*'s now. Yes, it's tough, especially as a f2p, but the variety is good. And if you want to play whatever team you prefer there's always SHIELD (sorry... bad joke).

All that said, I can see how people in the Heroic tourneys without specific characters are at a big loss -- in Jugg if you didn't have a high enough level C Storm you were pretty hosed. Same for Venom, except now it's a Spidey with Blue/Yellow.

But I still like the restrictions -- it often forces new play styles, and may lead you to learn a better team.

Or it may just prove that Yelena sucks.
  • Beowulf wrote:
    As for charging hp for boosts you can only use in one mode good luck with that. I could see it working with iso but it's yor call.

I didn't even notice there were special boosts available... and they're charging HP for them?

I actually won one of each from the first Venom, and I'd been meaning to go look at the boosts but kept forgetting to.
  • Last PVE had mission points increase with time, and also there was some explanation that points increase more in "slower brackets".
    IceX can we get some explanation are these affecting Venom Heroic Mode.
    Since missions has reset every 12h, is it possible that is better(more points) to do missions after 10h instead 2h after reset?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Patch notes are here. The rubber banding works generally the same as last time. When the missions reset, the rubber banding will stay in effect, so you will get points based on how much they are worth at that time. As with the previous chapter, technically yes, it would be best to do things late to eke out every single point. But given that it will be difficult to go through all missions without many Health Packs and tries, it may be better to space out your play instead.
  • Just want to clarify here. The missions reset every 12 hours and the overall rewards and progression rewards are cumulative correct? IE - i get 200 points today. I get 300 tomorrow. so I would have 500 total for the event, correct?

EDIT - also how many days is the heroic tournament lasting?
  • Regarding the reset, is it a fixed timer for your whole bracket or a personal one?
  • How are people winning some of these later stages? I have a 70 spidey and a 62 cap and it's not working :/
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    How are people winning some of these later stages? I have a 70 spidey and a 62 cap and it's not working :/

Wolverine works.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Just want to clarify here. The missions reset every 12 hours and the overall rewards and progression rewards are cumulative correct? IE - i get 200 points today. I get 300 tomorrow. so I would have 500 total for the event, correct?

Correct, everything is cumulative. The missions reset based on the timer itself, not bracket based. The Tournament lasts (currently) another 3 days 8 hours, so it will expire at approximately 11PM EST on the 26th.
  • Shamusyeah wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    How are people winning some of these later stages? I have a 70 spidey and a 62 cap and it's not working :/

Wolverine works.

I have a level 6 wolverine but maxed out covers for him. What level would you think I would need to get him to?
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Shamusyeah wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

Wolverine works.

I have a level 6 wolverine but maxed out covers for him. What level would you think I would need to get him to?

I used the tournament to lvl mine. I was in the same situation as you, except he was already lvl 20. Anyway, he's at lvl 35 now and doin fine. Use boosts when you feel you need to, you'll be fine.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Just want to clarify here. The missions reset every 12 hours and the overall rewards and progression rewards are cumulative correct? IE - i get 200 points today. I get 300 tomorrow. so I would have 500 total for the event, correct?

Correct, everything is cumulative. The missions reset based on the timer itself, not bracket based. The Tournament lasts (currently) another 3 days 8 hours, so it will expire at approximately 11PM EST on the 26th.

So what times do missions reset? 11am and 11pm EST?
  • I like the character restrictions, despite the fact that I don't have any on the current list levelled up sufficiently to get anywhere in the present Heroic mission.

I'll admit, I've never really used CapA or Spidey before, and being forced to play with them is really an eye opener as to how the could be of great strategy...

...much different from just a Thor "clompin' time" strategy! icon_lol.gif
  • Captain America is pretty underrated vs countdown tiles
  • Does reseting mean that missions get locked out after you beat them a certain amount of times, or can you grind to infinity like normal?

Cap is underated at all in regards to countdowns. That's kinda his sole purpose.
  • Ok, so the missions have already increased in value dramatically from when the event began, at least in my bracket. I have completed each event once and have just over 250 points. Unless something changes, it should be fairly easy to get to the Widow covers, without worrying about the repeatable missions.