Venom Heroic

Comments

• Misguided wrote:
    You mean you checked the scores and you are certain you only gained 15, or it said you were given 15 at the end of the match? I've had it say the reward was 15 (when jumping into first place) but actually received 300.

I wonder if this could happen if you start a battle and someone jumps into first ahead of you before you finish it,so you get the 300 instead of 15?
  • My bracket went to sleep I think. 5 missions left to do but no one wants to overtake 1st :\

That's what they want you to think icon_e_wink.gif
  • Shamusyeah wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Shamusyeah wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    How are people winning some of these later stages? I have a 70 spidey and a 62 cap and it's not working :/

Wolverine works.

I have a level 6 wolverine but maxed out covers for him. What level would you think I would need to get him to?

I used the tournament to lvl mine. I was in the same situation as you, except he was already lvl 20. Anyway, he's at lvl 35 now and doin fine. Use boosts when you feel you need to, you'll be fine.

I'm using a 25 spidey and 30 2* wolverine, spamming green and blue til I can use wolverines red ability, took out the lv200 venom
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    My bracket went to sleep I think. 5 missions left to do but no one wants to overtake 1st :\
    Running into the same thing. Sitting in first, one mission that I could pull 300 from. 2 people could pass me with a single mission, quite a few more if they have a couple missions left. No one's moving. Think I'm going to wait till there's 5 mins left then pick up the 15. Better than nothing!
  • IceIX wrote:
    My bracket went to sleep I think. 5 missions left to do but no one wants to overtake 1st :\
    Running into the same thing. Sitting in first, one mission that I could pull 300 from. 2 people could pass me with a single mission, quite a few more if they have a couple missions left. No one's moving. Think I'm going to wait till there's 5 mins left then pick up the 15. Better than nothing!

That's funny, my situation exactly.
  • Think I figured out the discrepancy 'bug'. After taking over 1st place the remaining missions still showed as 300. But then I backed out and checked on the other tournament. When I went back to Heroic mode all the missions were now 'correctly' displaying as 15.

Beezer37_84 - We were 1 and 2 in our bracket at the reset. I waited until midnight to do one last mission and then pass you icon_e_biggrin.gif . If we do all the missions for 300 (well almost, I can't beat the last) then we should be able to hold on to the top 2. Care to play some leap frog?

EDIT: No way I think the way this is working was on purpose but it sure does make for some interesting tactics. icon_eek.gif
  • greggray24 wrote:
    Think I figured out the discrepancy 'bug'. After taking over 1st place the remaining missions still showed as 300. But then I backed out and checked on the other tournament. When I went back to Heroic mode all the missions were now 'correctly' displaying as 15.

Beezer37_84 - We were 1 and 2 in our bracket at the reset. I waited until midnight to do one last mission and then pass you icon_e_biggrin.gif . If we do all the missions for 300 (well almost, I can't beat the last) then we should be able to hold on to the top 2. Care to play some leap frog?

Sounds good, I knew I would be driving at 9pm so I had to get the last four or five done around 8:30 for a measly 15 points each. Unfortunately the same thing will happen tomorrow morning. Maybe I'll get to work early so I can do them closer to 9am.
  • I see you are playing now - let's see how far we can get tonight.
  • IceIX wrote:

Hah, that strategy is so yesterday. The real strategy is to be in a mission when the event resets. Wait like an hour then finish it. Chances are you're no longer first and you get 300 points AND the entire 13 mission refresh.

ETA: I've got my bracket so locked up right now that if I don't finish first, I probably got hit by a car.
  • What happened with the Heroic boosts? Not that I used them but still....
  • vaargen wrote:
    What happened with the Heroic boosts? Not that I used them but still....
    vaargen wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. Help me solidify a top 15 finish and maybe push the extra little for a top 2. I messed up the fist day and didn't realize how the event reset so I probably lost a ton of points due to that. Was saving those boosts for the last day bit they disappeared a reset or two ago. Plus side, nobody else has them I guess. I'd rather rely on myself getting a high enough score rather than hoping someone else cannot beat my score though.

Anybody have some tips on how to bring down the 3rd venom? My wolvie is only Lvl 14 or so (built for event after I heard he worked well). Otherwise its just a Lvl 46 IM, 32 juggz, and base stuff the rest of the way. Original widow seems okay, but cannot help vs. Bossws like venom. Only been doing about 8-9 of the challenges each round. Cannot seem to do venom3, rags, or the fake widow (whatever her name is).
  • vaargen wrote:
    vaargen wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. Help me solidify a top 15 finish and maybe push the extra little for a top 2. I messed up the fist day and didn't realize how the event reset so I probably lost a ton of points due to that. Was saving those boosts for the last day bit they disappeared a reset or two ago. Plus side, nobody else has them I guess. I'd rather rely on myself getting a high enough score rather than hoping someone else cannot beat my score though.

Anybody have some tips on how to bring down the 3rd venom? My wolvie is only Lvl 14 or so (built for event after I heard he worked well). Otherwise its just a Lvl 46 IM, 32 juggz, and base stuff the rest of the way. Original widow seems okay, but cannot help vs. Bossws like venom. Only been doing about 8-9 of the challenges each round. Cannot seem to do venom3, rags, or the fake widow (whatever her name is).
    My secret's been Classic Spidey, Original Widow, Juggernaut, and a bunch of AP boosts. Get the stun cycle and Headbutt going early and don't let the villains take actions.
  • Sadly, my spidey has no blue, so I am forced to use the default which has the 6 turn blue. Had gotten.venom down to about 1.5k with a similar tactic using both I'M/spidey/juggz and low Lvl wolverine/spidey/juggz but the stun takes too long to build up and I only get so.many "free tries" one per a hour basically.

I don't think my covers are good enough to beat the 120 fake widow, rag, and last fight. I think I could beat the fake widow/bullseye one if I could just open it up. Stupid health venom is in the way though. Everyone but me seems to have blue spidey covers lol... Why do they give you a Lvl 15 to fight a Lvl 200 though? Not exactly scaled.
  • I've certainly gained some respect for Wolverine this tournament, took mine from 20 > 50 so far and I can see him taking up a place on my team from time to time, he's a lot of fun once you max his skills (I went 5/3/5).
  • Anyone know if the last round is going to have a repeatable mission? I know the first couple did and then they locked it out.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Anyone know if the last round is going to have a repeatable mission? I know the first couple did and then they locked it out.

I hope not, as it is now I should stay within top 15 and for once not have a disadvantage for living in EU.
  • vaargen wrote:

I still have the original 3 I was given upon completion of the first mission.
  • Could someone tell me what's the time when missions reset next, is it 2 hours and 15 minutes later?
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    vaargen wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Anyone know if the last round is going to have a repeatable mission? I know the first couple did and then they locked it out.

I hope not, as it is now I should stay within top 15 and for once not have a disadvantage for living in EU.
    Yeah, that's one good thing I can see about this format. Everyone seems to be fine with climbing early.
    Grazzt wrote:
    Could someone tell me what's the time when missions reset next, is it 2 hours and 15 minutes later?
    Correct. Well, 2hrs 10mins now.
  • Yes, 2.25 hours.