PSA: Update in Ascended Character feeder policy. Nico Minoru eligible until Tuesday December 19th.

Options

Comments

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Daredevil217 / @DAZ0273 - grateful if we can keep on the topic of the discussion, rather than interpreting each other's responses.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options

So unlike this place to become off track and very playground.
    I may have to reassess my community manager position in the new year, I feel like people listen to me .

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Scofie said:
    @Daredevil217 / @DAZ0273 - grateful if we can keep on the topic of the discussion, rather than interpreting each other's responses.

No problem - I am good and done.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options

I think it’s time for a one off Christmas special of “the meeting “. What with the nerf of chasm and all this new stuff recently

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,298 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    I may have to reassess my community manager position in the new year, I feel like people listen to me .

There is only one reasonable response to that comment

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@ThisisClemFandango said:

There is only one reasonable response to that comment

cough cough

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options

I really wish swearing was allowed on this platform.
    I shall simply say
    My wrath will be unbridled to all concerned

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options

I just skipped about 5 pages of comments to get to the end and pose one question? Is this character even any good? I personally don’t think so. I’ll still champ her because I champ everybody, but I don’t see her being that good. That being said, I get the point of the discussion is having procedure established so we don’t get screwed in the future. Kind of already made that point about 100 comments ago though.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

There's zero chance this will be a "one-time" exception. The precedent has now been set.

• Scofie
    Options

@jp

@entrailbucket said:
    There's zero chance this will be a "one-time" exception. The precedent has now been set.

It hasn't though. Unless another Batch 1 4* non-feeder gets made into a feeder. But I thought Nico was the only one?

• Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options

I have no skin in the game. My Nico is small.

The back peddle by the devs is hilarious. A blanket 12.5 covers is kinda sad. Reeks of amateur.

No matter what side of the argument you're on, exploit early and exploit often. While people held back waiting to max/max ascend to maximize trickle rewards, I'm still so rich from their batch 1 blunder. And now they have a sweet vault to spend all that hp on.

• MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options

If we could hear if this is a one time thing, or for all of the non-feeder characters... that'd be great. I'm sure it's one time, but why not make it an actual new rule?

• JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options

@MgoBlue51 said:
    If we could hear if this is a one time thing, or for all of the non-feeder characters... that'd be great. I'm sure it's one time, but why not make it an actual new rule?

It is really clear in the post at the start of this thread. "Please note this is only a one-time exception for those who have already ascended Nico Minoru. Going forward, the 7-day window will apply."

Now whether you believe that they will make a u-turn on this is another matter, but I don't think they could have been any clearer about this being a one off.

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options

Is there a statement by devs given about a character is already a feeder now feeder changed and retro rewards are being given will still be treated the same way as non feeder four stars when ascended

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2023
    Options

Like for example Chavez now feeds Jessica if Chavez 3 and 5 are released in the future and if Chavez was only ascended less than a week of announcement will she be treated the same way as for non feeder four star ascension

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@mani82 said:
    Like for example Chavez now feeds Jessica if Chavez 3 and 5 are released in the future and if Chavez was only ascended less than a week of announcement will she be treated the same way as for non feeder four star ascension

Just assume no retro rewards in the future.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Scofie said:

@jp

@entrailbucket said:

It hasn't though. Unless another Batch 1 4* non-feeder gets made into a feeder. But I thought Nico was the only one?

Haha, no. The next time an ascendable 4* from any batch is made a feeder, devs will offer retro rewards -- probably through CS again.

If they don't, a small group of loud, entitled players will review bomb the game and harass the devs personally until they cave and give retro rewards.

And they will cave! So it's easier for everyone to just skip those extra steps, like they did with Nico.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ah, the famous, non-existant death threats again?

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Ah, the famous, non-existant death threats again?

You and I both know who those (few, specific) players are and what they'll do if they don't get their way.

I'm not even mad about it -- it is what it is at this point. But if BCS is just going to cave anyway (and they are), why bother going through all the extra steps with them and generating all that negative PR? Just set the policy so you don't make that group angry in the first place.

• Scofie
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Scofie said:

@jp

@entrailbucket said:

Haha, no. The next time an ascendable 4* from any batch is made a feeder, devs will offer retro rewards -- probably through CS again.

If they don't, a small group of loud, entitled players will review bomb the game and harass the devs personally until they cave and give retro rewards.

And they will cave! So it's easier for everyone to just skip those extra steps, like they did with Nico.

Well I'm hoping you're wrong about that. Still probably won't affect me either way, but there would be no conceivable reason for future exceptions.