PSA: Update in Ascended Character feeder policy. Nico Minoru eligible until Tuesday December 19th.

Options

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Chrynos1989 said:
    @S0kun

I assume I can also use the ingame CS and not only the website CS, right?

Also, you guys think it would be possible to release a list for chars you planning on making feeders (not when they become feeders or for who, but just that they are likely to become one)?

I didn’t realize there was a website. I used the in-game chat. Also wondering if that’s okay.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

There's no website, ingame help thing goes to the same email.

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 302 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    There's no website, ingame help thing goes to the same email.

Actually you can file a CS request directly over the official D3Go website, for the case ingame CS doesn’t work. I was just wondering since S0kun stated there wouldn’t be an automated process…

And now Bow, please be gentle 🤣

• Bowgentle
    edited December 2023
    Options

Yeah but it all goes to the same email.

Edit:
    Do we have an ETA on when the covers will be sent?
    Like, before the 5* PVP would be helpful.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

There shouldn't be an inherent disadvantage but they said there would be.

(Well, they said it here, there was nothing in game because of course there wasn't.)

They clearly can't do this easily because baffling reasons, so they are making a rod for their own backs with an exception that risks becoming the rule.

Humanity has got to the point where we're all carrying interconnected computers capable of storing the great library of Alexandria and running a moon landing but we're still landing ourselves in situations like this - no wonder people are cross, it's a reminder that we're fundamentally a gallumphing horde of idiot apes whose only hope of long term peace of mind is to find concrete evidence of civilised alien life before our brief spark extinguishes itself.

At least that's where I interpret the irritation as arising from - might just be that everyone made the match 5 on the Teen Jean node earlier and is still cranky.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 580 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2023
    Options

By the reasoning given, you'd assume a case could be made that any 4* from batch1 who later becomes a feeder would then get this same treatment.

They're opening themselves up to a lot of potential future drama by giving in and offering it this one time.

They should have held strong because they were very clear from the start that ascension retro feeders would not be a thing.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@killahKlown said:
    By the reasoning given, you'd assume a case could be made that any 4* from batch1 who later becomes a feeder would then get this sane treatment.

They're opening themselves up to a lot of potential future drama by giving in and offering it this one one time.

They should have held strong because they were very clear from the start that ascension retro feeders would not be a thing.

Yes, exactly this.
    That policy hasn't been in place for all of batch 1 AND 2, so there's absolutely no reason to do it for Nico and nobody else.

• Bowgentle
    Options

So, apparently everyone with an ascended Nico is getting 10 covers and 1250 shards - regardless of how big the second Nico was.
    That couldn't have been sent out automatically? Seriously?

• TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 152 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    So, apparently everyone with an ascended Nico is getting 10 covers and 1250 shards - regardless of how big the second Nico was.

This better not be true. I purposely did not ascend Nico to not have to deal with this. But if I would have, I would get extra covers?

• Bowgentle
    Options

Apparently, yes.

• xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Thanks for posting about this, I contacted CS yesterday and I got the retro rewards from them today

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,999 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Insanely generous since that amounts to more than 12 covers worth (it's 12.5) regardless of your 2nd Nico.

I wonder why the rest of the player base didn't get those extra 6 covers since it's obvious many players got 1-6 more covers than they should have.

KGB

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

I didn’t get it.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@jp1 said:

@Bowgentle said:

I didn’t get it.

What did you get, then?
    Everyone on line seems to have gotten 10+1250.

• jp1
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

I didn’t get it.> @Bowgentle said:

@jp1 said:

@Bowgentle said:

I didn’t get it.

What did you get, then?

I received nothing so far. So, perhaps it wasn’t automatic?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,739 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The decision making around this game baffles me but precedent well and truly set. I think next time my Alliance doesn't make the Round 8 5* I will hit up CS and demand I get the cover because even though the game says I need my Alliance to complete Round 8 and that was clear from the start of playing that isn't fair! This could become a fun game to see how much free stuff can be blagged from the Devs clearly collapsible backbone in the face of mild Karen-ing! 😂😂😂😂

• Bowgentle
    Options

@jp1 said:

@Bowgentle said:

I didn’t get it.> @Bowgentle said:

@jp1 said:

@Bowgentle said:

I didn’t get it.

What did you get, then?

I received nothing so far. So, perhaps it wasn’t automatic?

It's not automatic, no.
    They're working through CS tickets in the order they arrived.
    It SHOULD be automatic if everyone with Nico is getting the same.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    The decision making around this game baffles me but precedent well and truly set. I think next time my Alliance doesn't make the Round 8 5* I will hit up CS and demand I get the cover because even though the game says I need my Alliance to complete Round 8 and that was clear from the start of playing that isn't fair! This could become a fun game to see how much free stuff can be blagged from the Devs clearly collapsible backbone in the face of mild Karen-ing! 😂😂😂😂

I would have been fine with getting nothing but the whole ticket thing is baffling.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 226 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2023
    Options

We need a Karen to bother CS for those who read the ascension FAQ, understood it, and did not ascend non-feeder 4*. And now are getting screwed over with fewer rewards than those that ascended.

• jp1
    Options

Lol at Karen comments. Some of y’all stay salty.

The impetus should be on every player to go read an online FAQ about a system implemented in the game?

Here is an idea. If you are ascending a non feeder 4* have a warning pop up that you will lose all retro rewards moving forward and an agreement button. Honestly, it’s ridiculous not to give them in the first place (at least six covers). I’m going to start getting “angry” when someone wins a reward over me but doesn’t spend anything on the game and sustains off the welfare of those of us who do.