PSA: Update in Ascended Character feeder policy. Nico Minoru eligible until Tuesday December 19th.

Options
fight4thedream
fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,930 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

As per @S0kun via the Hunter (Midnight Suns) thread, players who have Ascended Nico Minoru are eligible to receive 5* Hunter (Midnight Suns) covers until Tuesday December 19th at 6pm PST. You need to submit a ticket to CS in order to receive the covers:

@BlackBoltRocks said:
Nico Minoru feeds Hunter hmmm. Wonder how all those with ascended Nicos will feel about that.

Here's an updated FAQ around the topic:

If I ascend a character and their lower rank version gets a feeder update, will the new ascended character receive retro rewards?
Any character that has been Ascended past their original rarity is considered a different character in regards to retro rewards. For example, a Deadpool (It's Me!) that has been Ascended to 4-Star or 5-Star will not receive rewards if 3-Star Deadpool has a rewards change. This is because each Ascended version has their own rewards schedule that is separate from the lower rarity character. As a result, it is not easily feasible to implement a system where an Ascended character has a linked "memory" of a different rewards schedule which would stay intact with any changes and be referenced and cross-referenced as changes to other linked characters are made (which could well be the case with 2 or 3-Star rewards changes).

However, if a character that you have just recently Ascended within 7 days is marked for a change, CS should be able to provide an exception for 'lost' character cover rewards in that case.

Since this policy wasn't in affect when Nico 4* was ascendable in Batch 1, we're going to allow for Nico 4* to also fall under this policy for the next 7 days until Tuesday December 19th at 6pm PST.

Please note this is only a one-time exception for those who have already ascended Nico Minoru. Going forward, the 7-day window will apply.

Link to FAQ regarding this issue: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/1019980/#Comment_1019980

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@liminal_lad said:

@BlackBoltRocks said:
    Nico Minoru feeds Hunter hmmm. Wonder how all those with ascended Nicos will feel about that.

We feel upset.

Was it ever confirmed ascension will result in no retro feeder rewards? Seems like a harsh punishment for progressing in the game.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yes they said no retro rewards.

• jp1
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

Yeah, not a fan of that. I’m sure an argument will be made that it’s fair somehow…there should be no downside to ascension.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,507 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@jp1 said:

@Bowgentle said:

Yeah, not a fan of that. I’m sure an argument will be made that it’s fair somehow…there should be no downside to ascension.

No, it is 100% not fair. Giving up the extra covers you did/could get from the extra 4* levels you used in the second "ascension" character is arguably fair. Giving up the 6 you would get from a max champ 370 4* is most definitely not.

I'll be thinking about this the next time I'm tempted to spend money on the game. I may go FTP from now on, I definitely don't have to get my VIP and the occasional lightning deal, I just thought I'd kick something back to the game.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options

Round 4, Beat the Buzzer. The object here is to score nine points on the quizzlestick. The first person to score nine red blocks and three green blocks will go through to the next round. But if only one player scores nine or both players tie on five or more points each, then one player has to go for the Quizzle Chance - the loser gets their green bonus points halved.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

As someone said above, I can see not getting covers for the lower level character that’s wasted to ascend a character, but logically it seems like it would be easy to code a way to give retro rewards for the first.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Options

From my in game experience with ascension. I have yet to see the benefits of ascending the characters. I believe I had only used The Thing when he was boosted. For my play style which is playing sparingly, l can get to 1200 with little hassle and PvE is even easier and without the use of ascended characters. Hence I find more value from not ascending and reaping the benefits of retro rewards.

Anyways that's my two cents

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,507 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Ascending characters is a decision, just like selling off a max-champ, and we were told in the first post about ascension that retro rewards weren't coming, so everyone was given loads of notice. merging 2 versions of whatever base character it is to create a new higher tier version is essentially the same thing as selling off max-champs and not getting historical rewards under the old retro system. If they change the policy, that's cool, but as an early ascender it's whatever to me. Nico made a pretty good 5*.

It's a decision, but it's a decision the game itself guides you into making. Let's face facts, when they implemented this system in the first place, people said "Hey, it would suck to ascend a 4* and since you used up a max-champ 4* to make the new 5* you'd lose out on 6 covers because you burned it up," they replied "Actually you'd lose out on all of them, since you won't get retroactive rewards." No one would have even guessed that would be the case because it's completely opposite from the way the game worked otherwise.

They're going to get trouble tickets when this goes through, because people who don't read the forums or Discord closely are going to have no idea this is the case because it is completely counter-intuitive.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Agree, but we all knew so I don't get the complaint here. It’s the gamble when you ascend a non feeder.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

They're going to get trouble tickets when this goes through, because people who don't read the forums or Discord closely are going to have no idea this is the case because it is completely counter-intuitive.

Based on this thread, ppl reading this forum will also likely be submitting tickets.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options

Personally - I'm on the fence as to whether or not retro on accended is a fair deal..

on one side - you're forfeiting (a minimum) of half a 5 star, for a whole workable 5star. In this example - Ascended Nico Rocks, Hunter (granted I haven't re-read War and Peace yet) seems not great.

If you're far enough in the game that you're getting 6+ covers from retro, I'm guessing you probably don't need those covers anyway.

Having said all of that - I want retro covers, and don't want to miss out. FOMO is real.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

So are covers going to rain down on us in two days from our ascended Nico's or should we create CS tickets to ask for these?

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,970 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    What a generous thing to do. I hope those of you whining now double down on buying MORE to say thank you.

What they should be far more worried about is all the players who don't regularly come to the Forums and get the retro rewards for Nico think that's the normal policy. That ascended characters generate retro rewards. Making this exception, especially on the first time it happens is going to create the idea that it should happen going forward and in all likelihood will generate even more whining the next time.

To be honest, they'd be far better off just changing the feeder from Nico to someone else.

KGB

• jp1
    edited December 2023
    Options

@S0kun said:

@BlackBoltRocks said:

Here's an updated FAQ around the topic:

If I ascend a character and their lower rank version gets a feeder update, will the new ascended character receive retro rewards?
    Any character that has been Ascended past their original rarity is considered a different character in regards to retro rewards. For example, a Deadpool (It's Me!) that has been Ascended to 4-Star or 5-Star will not receive rewards if 3-Star Deadpool has a rewards change. This is because each Ascended version has their own rewards schedule that is separate from the lower rarity character. As a result, it is not easily feasible to implement a system where an Ascended character has a linked "memory" of a different rewards schedule which would stay intact with any changes and be referenced and cross-referenced as changes to other linked characters are made (which could well be the case with 2 or 3-Star rewards changes).

However, if a character that you have just recently Ascended within 7 days is marked for a change, CS should be able to provide an exception for 'lost' character cover rewards in that case.

Since this policy wasn't in affect when Nico 4* was ascendable in Batch 1, we're going to allow for Nico 4* to also fall under this policy for the next 7 days until Tuesday December 19th at 6pm PST.

So, we need to submit a ticket to CS for the feeder covers?

• jp1
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    What a generous thing to do. I hope those of you whining now double down on buying MORE to say thank you.

Don’t know if whining was appropriate terminology. But, I do typically purchase extra when things like this are done.

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@killahKlown said:
    So are covers going to rain down on us in two days from our ascended Nico's or should we create CS tickets to ask for these?

Please submit a CS ticket. The clock is counting down from the 7 days of when the feeder gets updated and not when the feeder gets implemented.

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options

And please contact CS directly. This is NOT an automated process that we're able to roll out so it'll require manual CS treatment.