Starfall - The World's End - June 6 - June 8

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I'm shielded till the end at 920pts.

Pretty tight bracket:
    #2 - #10 are at 888 - 782pts. Everyone shielded.

I'm fine with top10, I hope the zombies won't let 10 other players climb above me icon_twisted.gif

EDIT:
    And I'm #2. #1 at 946 and shielded immediately.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Shielded till the end at 902. Hit me all you want if I come up
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    Shielded to the end. Franckynight just bounced off, so he is pushing for 1300.
  • Unknown
    Options
    so, someone just gave me a defensive win that pushed me over 1100 and got me a sentry cover. if that was charity, thank you! if not, still, thank you!

now i'm hoping i can get my final iw cover (ever) by holding on to first. loah and and kiddicarus are #2 and #3, but it doesn't look like they need more yellow iw, so there's a chance.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ryz-aus wrote:
    Shielded to the end. Franckynight just bounced off, so he is pushing for 1300.
    Thats it.. I m happy to see you were shielded.. I got nazerith in my bracket and i just wanted to give him a little comp.. Shielded til the end at 1315..
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    locked wrote:
    ^ Do you often come top 10 with 650 points, Pilot? If not, then 2 heavy hitters probably won't influence your standings that much anyway. But that is harsh, of course.

Heads up: I need to stay up for some more time while we're looking for a recruit, so might as well clear away retals before tomorrow's final hour bloodbath. I quite hate it when all the juicy retals disappear sans 3 uppermost ones after you exit/open the game. Fire away if I don't seem to be active.

What I meant was, this indicates that I'm in a really tough bracket when I never did anything to put myself in one. Curse you sharding!
    (Though I was kinda unclear, sorry.)
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Screw that yellow. I could barely get above 700 before running out of health packs. For that matter, after this and the bp tourney, I'm getting really close to 'screw pvp' in general, since fighting walls and walls of 141s from the start is nu fun at all. Add to that pve that's becoming dangerously grindy, and I think I may be done with this game after season 2. It's just not fun anymore.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @daveomite

I saw you climbing up this morning - was it hard? Did you get lots of -40pts after winning matches or did you get matches with good points? PVPs are getting crazier these days!
  • Unknown
    Options
    bloodwars wrote:
    so, someone just gave me a defensive win that pushed me over 1100 and got me a sentry cover. if that was charity, thank you! if not, still, thank you!

now i'm hoping i can get my final iw cover (ever) by holding on to first. loah and and kiddicarus are #2 and #3, but it doesn't look like they need more yellow iw, so there's a chance.

You got a level 210 IW?! I won't even dream of stopping you in your tracks. Let me get my sentry cover and I'll shield up for good. Good luck!
  • Unknown
    Options
    laoahpeh wrote:
    bloodwars wrote:

You got a level 210 IW?! I won't even dream of stopping you in your tracks. Let me get my sentry cover and I'll shield up for good. Good luck!

thanks, appreciate it. hopefully it's doable icon_e_wink.gif I will work to extend that lead a bit obviously, since i know people want their sentry covers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Shielded currently at 1024, going to probably hop once or twice more. Really want to grab a yellow sentry as my alliance missed it both times.

Hoping I'll get a defensive victory in there in the meantime to make it a little easier, but I doubt it. Shielded up just in time it seems. Felt I was getting greedy trying to get three fights in after breaking, and sure enough got hit 3 times right after I raised shields.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I don't need the covers, so I shielded for the last three hours at 683, figuring that should be enough for the alliance. A full two minutes later, I get a message that I've lost 41 points in an attack. They really need to fix it so that those attacks bounce too, or at least they do a server check first. I would have done another match or two if I had known I was shielding so low.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2014
    Options
    bloodwars wrote:

You're welcome to it, while I have been one of those **** vendoring 4* covers for a while now, I shall refrain from spending additional HPs on shielding for that small chance of earning 1000 iso - I didn't actually see your post so the thought didn't cross my mind to give you a defensive win once I crossed 1100 so all I can do now is wish you all the best.

edit: pvp is so brutal just shielded off attacks from 346 and 766 - stupid matchmaking...
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I hopped in 2 quick matches to 1205 and after I checked my phone just now (granted it's almost full 25 minutes since I re-shielded), I was greeted with a screen full of attacks :O
    and for the first time I noticed "and others" below the listed attackers O.o

Not one of those attacks was a defensive win either so booo :<
    Good thing I did re-shield I guess icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    it's likely yours unless IcemanDaBeast make a push for it. Both Kidd and I are done for the event. If you see us, just go ahead and hit us.
  • Unknown
    Options
    What the unholy tinykitty is going on with matchmaking this tourney? I had to shield up starting at 700 because i was taking six hits every time i touched it.

700. seriously.
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    qtquazar wrote:
    What the unholy tinykitty is going on with matchmaking this tourney? I had to shield up starting at 700 because i was taking six hits every time i touched it.

700. seriously.

Oddly enough, I've hardly been attacked at all this whole event. Maybe 5 times total...and my Sentry is only lvl 75 buffed.
    Shielded out at 1101 if anyone sees me.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Talahamut wrote:
    qtquazar wrote:

700. seriously.

Oddly enough, I've hardly been attacked at all this whole event. Maybe 5 times total...and my Sentry is only lvl 75 buffed.
    That's solely because I skipped you at least six times. icon_lol.gif

P.S. - I'll be hopping to 1100+ in about 40-60 minutes, so if people would choose to not hit me during that time would be great. icon_e_wink.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Talahamut wrote:
    qtquazar wrote:

700. seriously.

Wish I was living in your world.. I've been getting dinged constantly from 300 points upwards.

Shielded at 800 so hit me if you see me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hoping you were shielded Drucifer (though I think you were, since I'm pretty sure I hit you twice at 1109). You got me across 1100 and I now have a shiny new yellow Sentry.

Hit by Way Too Easy about 20 seconds after shielding from the one match I did.

Shielded out for the duration now. Spent 6 3-hour shields I think, but since I didn't have yellow, it seemed worthwhile. Only the second time I've broken 1100 (first was for purple L'Daken).