Starfall - The World's End - June 6 - June 8

Options

Comments

• Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Retreating repeatedly doesn't seem to work for me. Will try doing so after beating up a seed team with my tank team.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I am pretty surprised they switched the color to something people would want.

I'm thinking beating a seed team with a weak team last doesn't work anymore, at least not if you've used a stronger team for other matches. I got attacked in LRs almost never this week.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Getting smashed a lot seems to have done the trick for me.

I started Predator & Prey seeing either 141+OBW teams or full 141s and after the colossal hammering I got in the last couple of hours Starfall is showing me L85s or lower again. Maybe it's the games way of saying sorry for tinykitty cascades icon_e_biggrin.gif
    After certain amount of pts (700 last tourney) You're visible to everyone. So if someone with 2* roster climbs above 700pts, there's quite a chance they'll be visible to You and me.

Anyway, top10 - here I come!
    Looks like I'll cover max my CMags after this one. Planned to go 553 just for the Patch synergy, but 544 so far is still good, as it allows me to max him. We still have at least a month of pre-nerf CMags (possibly longer, according to the experience with Devs schedule icon_e_biggrin.gif ), so it's totally worth it to put ISO into him.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Retreating repeatedly doesn't seem to work for me. Will try doing so after beating up a seed team with my tank team.

Retreating doesn't work, period. You need to lose the match and get all your heroes wiped out. Awful design, I know... icon_e_smile.gif
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sorcered wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:

Retreating doesn't work, period. You need to lose the match and get all your heroes wiped out. Awful design, I know... icon_e_smile.gif

Retreating used to work in season 1. Guess that got patched. Ugh, losing matches is even more of a chore. Kinda heading towards burnout territory for this game as well.

Fortunately the climb up to 400 was pretty casual, unlike the nightmare that was BP. Of course my token was another ares... Can't remember when I last got the featured hero from an event token. I think HT in his first pvp.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    sorcered wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:

Retreating used to work in season 1. Guess that got patched. Ugh, losing matches is even more of a chore. Kinda heading towards burnout territory for this game as well.

Fortunately the climb up to 400 was pretty casual, unlike the nightmare that was BP. Of course my token was another ares... Can't remember when I last got the featured hero from an event token. I think HT in his first pvp.

I've managed to get the 'featured' hero exactly once,in 6 months. Fortunately for me, it was my 5th lazydaken purple icon_cool.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I am trying for 1100 cover, so if you have me queued, please attack now :3 My nodes don't produce anything other than lower points 2x 85 teams or still lower points 141 teams, so really doubt that I can get the cover in time before the hordes...
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ryz.. Are you shielded.. Got you multiple times for 40 pts.. You are really juicy.. NH.. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:

I would love to do that if i would actually get seed teams at the start of a tournament. Instead, now I'm getting those maxed OBW, maxed 2* or high leveled 3* teams right from the get go.

Just checked my brackets since i thought it was odd I was in 499th place with 0 points. The person now ranked last has 13 maxed 3*s .....rad. Including a Maxed CMags. And he's got a maxed covered Invisible Woman. That's one of the frustrating things to see when there are covers (The CMags ones) you need, but you know it'll go to people who are just going to sell 'em.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    locked wrote:
    I am trying for 1100 cover, so if you have me queued, please attack now :3 My nodes don't produce anything other than lower points 2x 85 teams or still lower points 141 teams, so really doubt that I can get the cover in time before the hordes...
    Not one player of top 10 alliances is yet over 920 so I would think that it's still too early to start thinking about going >1100

Probably things will change after the TaT sub ends
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Dang, a shield for nothing then. Oh well! Thanks.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    locked wrote:
    49 pts for you icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just putting this out there: this is the worst tournament in the entire world. It's a featured toon tourney where the featured character's only real draw is being a total b**** on defense...the damage my two rotating real characters have sustained just in the first few matches has been incredible.

If the devs wanted us to hate everything about Sentry, mission accomplished.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    SolidQ wrote:
    locked wrote:
    What do you mean? icon_rolleyes.gif
    Moon 17 wrote:
    Just putting this out there: this is the worst tournament in the entire world. It's a featured toon tourney where the featured character's only real draw is being a total b**** on defense...the damage my two rotating real characters have sustained just in the first few matches has been incredible.

Why don't you just run the loaner? pasa or someone else reminded me that it's unreasonable to run your own unless he's leveled past 100, as usual.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    SolidQ wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Moon 17 wrote:

Why don't you just run the loaner? pasa or someone else reminded me that it's unreasonable to run your own unless he's leveled past 100, as usual.
    In this case my lv 77 Sentry has 7169 health. Of course I'll never use his skills on offense but having to go through 6K more health than when using the loaner might deter someone.
  • SolidQ
    Options
    locked wrote:

That helping fast climbing icon_e_smile.gif oh i see you unshielded with 930 pts
  • over_clocked
    Options
    @Bowgentle: Yeah, might deter most people.
    Edit: pardon me, I confused you and Moon 17!

@SolidQ: You still haven't made your point. Shame that no one climbed that high besides me.
  • SolidQ
    Options
    locked wrote:
    @SolidQ: You still haven't made your point. Shame that no one climbed that high besides me.
    i'm not today will climbing. Today it's waste time icon_e_wink.gif
  • over_clocked
    Options
    For you, maybe. I'd like to complete this ASAP if at all. Can't believe everyone is grinding the PvE instead.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    Ryz.. Are you shielded.. Got you multiple times for 40 pts.. You are really juicy.. NH.. icon_mrgreen.gif

I wasn't, but anytime I'm under 700 strike away. Maybe it will help bring my mmr down. I am leaving watercat retaliation queued up, so if anyone knows where he is point wise let me know.