Starfall - The World's End - June 6 - June 8

Comments

• Won my bracket for the first time ever.
    Come to me, yellow baglady!

Finished at 1119 (one defensive win for +6 after shielding)
    2nd was 942
    10th was 849 - Locacola, with whom I was tied with at 849 for first before I started hopping, I'm glad s/he got to keep top 10.
  • datKrow wrote:
    I see Watercat's still running amok. Is this guy ever going to get removed?
    i know, whenever i see him i just skip, i don't want any of his **** going my way
    Did anyone reporting him:
    1. got message back from CS?
    2. informed that it's not his roster but the speed of fights? they might've check his HP and ISO and didn't find anything unusual there.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    I saw kako has joined xmen.. His roster has some really weird builds.. He seems he jumped from 1 to 3 * very quickly also..oh well..

Well that's "interesting" I would assume you wouldn't start a new alliance just to jump ship minutes before the pvp ends but I guess that's why I'm not elite
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Thanos wrote:
    qtquazar wrote:
    Thank you, Pickles2, for attacking me right as I was crossing the 1100 mark.

Your cunning display of skill, in selecting an opponent at that threshhold while you sat at a lofty 400 points, shows true acumen and judgment--ensuring you received--perhaps--a superior 41 points instead of a measly 39 or 40 from a lesser target.

Well played.

I hope someday I am able to return, in kind, your display of skill and sportsmanship.

Everyone needs to stop picking on my nemesis, he's mine ,and, mine alone to torment. icon_twisted.gif

Whoa whoa whoa, if I can't torment qt you and I got beef thanos

Well, i suppose we can share. You take Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's and I'll take Tuesday's, Thursday's and Saturday's. He can have Sunday's off . icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Emeryt wrote:
    datKrow wrote:
    i know, whenever i see him i just skip, i don't want any of his **** going my way
    2. informed that it's not his roster but the speed of fights? they might've check his HP and ISO and didn't find anything unusual there.
    Yep. I sent in a report during the S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator PVP event on May 21 and resent it on May 27. I emphasized: (1) the speed with which he beat me (I got two notices in the span of a minute after unshielding for no more than three minutes); and (2) that his team of 85 Moonstone/77 Hulk/85 Bagman (I'm not kidding) beat my max Patch/Human Torch/Black Panther. I got a response from CS saying they were investigating it.

I also want to know what the deal is with gbr33.
  • managed to get it, and sorry to iceman for (i think) hitting you unshielded :/. you and grazzt had me scoreboard watching for the last 40 minutes.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Yep. I sent in a report during the S.H.I.E.L.D. Simulator PVP event on May 21 and resent it on May 27. I emphasized: (1) the speed with which he beat me (I got two notices in the span of a minute after unshielding for no more than three minutes); and (2) that his team of 85 Moonstone/77 Hulk/85 Bagman (I'm not kidding) beat my max Patch/Human Torch/Black Panther. I got a response from CS saying they were investigating it.

I sent a report with the same information and got an acknowledgement thanking me for reporting gbr33 but that's as far as it went. I'm sure you're experiencing the same feelings of helplessness and frustration/anger as I am every time you open up the season 2 leaderboard.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Emeryt wrote:
    datKrow wrote:

I hope they resolve this shortly.. Im fuming to see this guy roaming the charts and hit some of us with his ridiculous roster.. Did they really need 3 weeks to sandbox this guy???
  • Thanos wrote:
    Thanos wrote:
    qtquazar wrote:
    Thank you, Pickles2, for attacking me right as I was crossing the 1100 mark.

Your cunning display of skill, in selecting an opponent at that threshhold while you sat at a lofty 400 points, shows true acumen and judgment--ensuring you received--perhaps--a superior 41 points instead of a measly 39 or 40 from a lesser target.

Well played.

I hope someday I am able to return, in kind, your display of skill and sportsmanship.

Everyone needs to stop picking on my nemesis, he's mine ,and, mine alone to torment. icon_twisted.gif

Whoa whoa whoa, if I can't torment qt you and I got beef thanos

Well, i suppose we can share. You take Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's and I'll take Tuesday's, Thursday's and Saturday's. He can have Sunday's off . icon_e_biggrin.gif

arrgggglll... you're tormenting me already! apostrophes! icon_twisted.gif

btw, you don't want any ABastard beef. that tinykitty is rancid, and he'll stick it anywhere. the man hangs out with Djangos, fertinykittysakes.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    For all you know Watercat could be someone who gave MPQ a positive review on gaming websites/magazines. Just saying! icon_twisted.gif
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Learned a bit from this tourney. Been a minute since I jumped in during the last 3 hours during a PvP. Got to 7th and got greedy at around 7min in. Should have shielded instead of being knocked down to 20 though I didn't wanna pay another 75 HP for shield. Though in retrospect, 75 HP for a Purple Mag cover would have been a nice trade.
  • mags1587 wrote:
    gobstopper wrote:
    Why is it that I can skip one opponent and then 1 or 2 skips later that same opponent shows up again? Does the game think I'm that stupid?

Well, tonight the game really wants me to attack you and Mizake. Also a couple other names that I don't recognize.
    I think I might have finally given in and hit you once after skipping you 5+ times. Definitely spent at least 200 iso skipping before just giving up
  • noooooooooooooo ended up 11th with 863 points. Missed out on top10 by 6 points!
  • Magnesium wrote:
    noooooooooooooo ended up 11th with 863 points. Missed out on top10 by 6 points!

I always try and shield after I cross 900 points for the extra 50hp. Shielded at 907 got a single defensive win to put me on 915 and finished 9th with the whole top 10 making 900 points.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    gobstopper wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:
    gobstopper wrote:
    Why is it that I can skip one opponent and then 1 or 2 skips later that same opponent shows up again? Does the game think I'm that stupid?

Well, tonight the game really wants me to attack you and Mizake. Also a couple other names that I don't recognize.
    I think I might have finally given in and hit you once after skipping you 5+ times. Definitely spent at least 200 iso skipping before just giving up

You did, but no hard feelings here. icon_e_smile.gif I didn't need the covers so I was just playing for points.

It was annoying that I got hit for about a hundred points in the last ten minutes of the tournament, though, after having about a half an hour without any attacks.
  • mags1587 wrote:
    It was annoying that I got hit for about a hundred points in the last ten minutes of the tournament, though, after having about a half an hour without any attacks.

That's because everyone is doing their final last 'shield-hop' in those last 10 minutes, getting an extra 80-90 points at the end.
  • Yeah sorry, I think I hit you mags1587. Literally the same 5 or 6 names kept popping up, even after killing some of the others. I try not to hit anyone more than once, definitely not more than twice, unless they have hit me, and then it's open season.

The thing that really gets my goat is the people that hit me for -40 in the last 10 minutes....really? It was that important to you to get to the 100 pt plateau? Happened to me twice during this tournament.
  • mags1587 wrote:
    gobstopper wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:
    gobstopper wrote:

You did, but no hard feelings here. icon_e_smile.gif I didn't need the covers so I was just playing for points.

I was hit for -227 in the last 8 minutes ^_^
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    gobstopper wrote:
    I was hit for -227 in the last 8 minutes ^_^

Yikes. It definitely taught me that if I care about points, I need to shield at the end of the tourney to avoid getting queued up for people's last minute pushes.

Mizake, I must have missed that one. I had a little more variety in my mmr bubble; I kept seeing the same names over and over but every few skips I'd find a new team to attack.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Mizake wrote:
    Yeah sorry, I think I hit you mags1587. Literally the same 5 or 6 names kept popping up, even after killing some of the others. I try not to hit anyone more than once, definitely not more than twice, unless they have hit me, and then it's open season.

The thing that really gets my goat is the people that hit me for -40 in the last 10 minutes....really? It was that important to you to get to the 100 pt plateau? Happened to me twice during this tournament.
    Interesting how Bacon Pants agrees with the first half of the post and ignores the second one.

Sorry for quoting your post out of place, Mizake, but it just amuses me that I get called hypocrite by the likes of Bacon Pants. Who by the way started hating me after I gave him a single downvote on the post where he said he did that thing. You know, taking 40 points from someone else in the last minutes when under 300 points, because he 'clearly' cared about his alliance. Oh boy the amounts of dirt I got afterwards! He mentioned that I was a lvl 100 jerk to Chimaera who doesn't seem a level-headed guy anymore, too. For serious? Chimaera hit me first in a LR and screwed me out of one more worthless token, I did the same as I had every right to. That was all! And now the eternal hatred? SMH. Suit yourself but DO NOT pretend to be better all of a sudden.
    I'm really, really sorry to even type such things, but I truly find it amusing in a bad sense and since no one will ever defend me, I need to at least speak up for myself. Won't ever talk of it in public though.