Starfall - The World's End - June 6 - June 8

Options

Comments

• DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ok, I have no idea if I'm insane or what (probably, but that's not the point) but I just got 250 Iso from battles in this tourney, twice. I could have sworn that the only change was to add in 1 and 2* covers, then adjust the odds so that the average payout was still 100. I don't recall it mentioned anywhere that 250 was added in.
    I haven't been super up-to-date on announcements lately, so if this actually was announced, please don't laugh at me too much.
    But if it wasn't... woah.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    I could maybe understand it if D3 wants to address the "2x85 players who gets 3x141 teams from zero" issue by selectively disabling server access for those players ("If you can't play, you can't lose!"), but I don't like being the collateral damage in this appeasement strategy. I like playing PVP, so let me play! icon_cry.gif

You'd think that my living virtually next door to Demiurge would give me adequate server access, but no, that is not true. My tubes done been snipped. icon_cry.gif
    Ok, I have no idea if I'm insane or what (probably, but that's not the point) but I just got 250 Iso from battles in this tourney, twice. I could have sworn that the only change was to add in 1 and 2* covers, then adjust the odds so that the average payout was still 100. I don't recall it mentioned anywhere that 250 was added in.
    I haven't been super up-to-date on announcements lately, so if this actually was announced, please don't laugh at me too much.
    I don't recall it being mentioned in an announcement, but I've gotten 100 and 250 Iso from fight completions.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    I am shielded for the day, so go ahead and hit me if you see me. I had a slow but working connection during the server issues and was able to climb pretty easily. Sorry for the few people I hit - I kept getting the same few matches repeatedly.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, first time I lucked out with these issues, climbed with funny scores.
    I'm shielded for the next 7 hours, feel free to hit me if you have me.

I'll unshield for a quick one at about 8am CET so if you could hold your fire then, I'd appreciate it.

G'night.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have some idiotic MMR bubble right now... spent already ~500 ISO only to have some 3-5 point fights + SmokeCat and MikeyDollar... this means that I will be probably hitting only those you guys until my available selection changes since wasting time for 3 points is not smart...

Anyway - I would like to apologize for that... having a break for 2 hours anyway under shield since some X-men genius did not see that i was pushing up to 1100 and hit me for -45...

I did skip ya Bowgentle when you had ~1072 or something ^_^
  • Unknown
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    I have some idiotic MMR bubble right now... spent already ~500 ISO only to have some 3-5 point fights + SmokeCat and MikeyDollar... this means that I will be probably hitting only those you guys until my available selection changes since wasting time for 3 points is not smart...

Anyway - I would like to apologize for that... having a break for 2 hours anyway under shield since some X-men genius did not see that i was pushing up to 1100 and hit me for -45...

Are you kidding me? This happened last starfall. 50% of the pvps in season 2 have massive server issues resulting in lopsided scoring, how wonderful.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks Kyle... that was SOOO nice of you hitting me at 1099... I will remember this.

EDIT: Meh waste of time... he's got like 4 posts... doubt he visits forums much... but anyway come on... at 1099? That's griefing ;<

Also - RavenHeart - I have you queued up for 24 points which would allow me to get that 1100... you done pushing? ;-p

EDIT2: Mkai - done with this event... will need to throw another shield sometime later but other then that - I'm done... 4/4/4 Sentry - checked
  • Unknown
    Options
    Gz morgh. I still thinks you need to relax a bit though. Think about the ticker icon_e_wink.gif

Anyways, i managed 1100 aswell and im shielded to the end.
    So if you see me, dont be shy.

//X
  • Unknown
    Options
    Darn, was there yet another server glitch? Just eant my 1.1k for the cover so will have to make the slow climb tomorrow.

Shameless plug: SHIELD is looking for 3 members. Check out our alliance thread and contact walkyourpath or nemek. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    Thanks, much appreciated!
    There were almost zero people worth anything after the server sorted itself out, so I would havevhad a hard time recovering from that - thank you.

I'm done now, shielded through to the end.
    Hit me if you got me, y'all.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Shameless plug: SHIELD is looking for 3 members. Check out our alliance thread and contact walkyourpath or nemek. icon_e_smile.gif

If I haven't burned out by the end of the season I may take you up on it.
  • Unknown
    Options

I think they probably made some of the 2* covers random rewards you get just a straight up 250 iso, same with the 100 iso replacing the 1* cover.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Is it just me, or is this tourney really fizzling?

I'd probably be having more fun if I had a high-leveled sentry, but still. I certainly never plan to use sentry for anything other than defense or shield-hopping, he's just too painful to use otherwise.

Hopefully they actually give some more chances to win covers for him at some stage. I'm not holding my breath though, since with Lazystorm coming soon, they're bound to give her as a reward at least once in the next week after release. And considering they still haven't given a third chance at HT covers... yeah....

On a more positive note, the BP rewards recently were much appreciated icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sentry is more for just defense, but since PvP is kind of stalled between top teams right now the extra advantage he gives doesn't matter as much, at least while Magneto is still able to completely dominate anyone.

I imagine there's going to be a pretty big shakeup after the Magneto nerf.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Sentry is more for just defense, but since PvP is kind of stalled between top teams right now the extra advantage he gives doesn't matter as much, at least while Magneto is still able to completely dominate anyone.

I imagine there's going to be a pretty big shakeup after the Magneto nerf.

I predict a lot more defensive wins, especially with teams of Lthor and Sentry, I know I have won matches with less then 500 HP against a full health Lthor thanks to mags blue spam and some luck. I will def miss it, but I guess it is for the best... I guess... icon_e_sad.gificon_cry.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Decided to give it a try against Daken + Hood + Sentry.

nevermorepeanuts.jpg
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey Johnny1punch, let me know when you hit 1100/put up a shield, so I can use that retal. In the meantime, I'm giving like at least half an hour for this shield hop to try to get some retals out
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    I haven't seen a Hood turn up yet but Laken + Lazy Thor + Sentry is all bad news even if they're not max leveled (I was only facing L100s).
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    I haven't seen a Hood turn up yet but Laken + Lazy Thor + Sentry is all bad news even if they're not max leveled (I was only facing L100s).
    I'd try putting it in, but missing some of the important covers, it's way too slow against 141s
  • Unknown
    Options
    zombie horde too strong right now.. get to 950. back down to 900. rinse and repeat. Guess I get my 1100 tomorrow.. icon_e_sad.gif