10th Anniversary Community Challenge

Options

Comments

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options

It didn’t link here originally, when I first clicked on it, it just came to the main forum page

• jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options

For exactly 9 minutes it did not link here because this post came at 12:09 EST and the in-game post began at 12:00 EST.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@jsmjsmjsm00 said:
    I'm sorry that I gave you the benefit of the doubt that yours literally didn't load in. I assumed you'd be able to comprehend it if it did, considering it had a clickable link that literally lead here, and this post has literally all of the explanation of what this challenge is.

Truthfully, I don't understand what you are complaining about not being clear. If it was physically clear, and you could read that it linked you to here, and you are now here where all of the instructions are, then what is the problem?

I'm sorry I have bothered to respond to you? Oh no...people get confused, how dare they!!!

I don't think I am complaining about anything? I don't understand why you are banging on about this like I killed your puppy.

Ha ha..hide your puppy...I'm coming for it

• DAZ0273
    Options

@jsmjsmjsm00 said:
    For exactly 9 minutes it did not link here because this post came at 12:09 EST and the in-game post began at 12:00 EST.

Right and you know what...that is fine. Honestly - I don't really understand why you are being such a **** about this. It really is no big deal. We had a miscommunication.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Oh and @fight4thedream @Scofie I await the Inevitable deletion of my posts here and happy days - honestly I wasn't even looking for a fight here. I sort of give up. Sorry everybody.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 @jsmjsmjsm00 - it's a simple misunderstanding that escalated way too quickly. Just a reminder to be respectful, whether you agree with each other or not.

Life it's too short. Spend it playing MPQ instead.

Happy anniversary both.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I came here looking for feedback about Anniversary but instead it's players fighting about nothing. Happy 10th!

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@St_Bernadus said:

@ArchusMonk said:

@Punisher5784 said:
    Ooooo another chance to win a Power Stone!

I think the third time will be the charm!

Yeah I am much less optimistic, especially since you don't get all the challenges at once.

Exactly. I am not sure why the entire day couldn't have the quandries there are at once. Very interesting choice not to do so.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So…is this event bugged??? Everyone has 0 points?

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Nope, not bugged. I believe this is more like a supports gauntlet event where the points don’t actually matter (even though I know there are points in that one). There is no ranking or progression rewards. Just move through the nodes at your leisure to get the individual node rewards. Once you’re done with both sub-nodes (Wiccan and Clea), then the event is officially over.

• BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options

Well that one is shaping up to be easier to complete than the previous community challenges!

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Xception81 said:
    Nope, not bugged. I believe this is more like a supports gauntlet event where the points don’t actually matter (even though I know there are points in that one). There is no ranking or progression rewards. Just move through the nodes at your leisure to get the individual node rewards. Once you’re done with both sub-nodes (Wiccan and Clea), then the event is officially over.

It makes no sense that they rolled out Ascending, it's the 10th Anniversary, and they can't give us small progression rewards.. I'll happily take 1-and-2 star covers, or some Anniversary tokens since it's a bloated 120-item vault.

I am predicting another failed community event. There is little incentive to bother playing against this custom-made character that's practically luck-based. After 10-yrs, the devs still have not learned from past mistakes. It's disappointing, but I'll try to enjoy this celebration as best as I can and hope it gets better

• Markot
    Markot Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options

Can somebody tell what are all todays Quandaries and rewards for them? I'm stuck at remove 160 purple tiles with 16k iso as reward and will not finish it in remaining 17 hours. I have PVE and the labyrinth already finished, and to repeat something just for matching 160 purple and getting 16k iso isn't worth my time. I'd like to know what rewards I had missed from following quandaries, especially if there is something else then iso.

I also think, with such high values needed (160 purple etc.) which need to be gained sequentially, community will fail again. If all daily quandaries appeared at once, it would be better chance to finish them all and gain points towards the challenge.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 977 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Markot said:
    Can somebody tell what are all todays Quandaries and rewards for them? I'm stuck at remove 160 purple tiles with 16k iso as reward and will not finish it in remaining 17 hours. I have PVE and the labyrinth already finished, and to repeat something just for matching 160 purple and getting 16k iso isn't worth my time. I'd like to know what rewards I had missed from following quandaries, especially if there is something else then iso.

I also think, with such high values needed (160 purple etc.) which need to be gained sequentially, community will fail again. If all daily quandaries appeared at once, it would be better chance to finish them all and gain points towards the challenge.

If I'm not mistaken, other events like the Strange Sights pve also work towards those goals like 160 purple. Still a lot, but a lot more manageable.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 599 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Dogface said:

@Markot said:

If I'm not mistaken, other events like the Strange Sights pve also work towards those goals like 160 purple. Still a lot, but a lot more manageable.

...unless you don't get to that node till later in the day. It is ridiculous busy work to complete these.

• First311
    First311 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Markot said:

Nightcrawler BAMF is my go to for these ones. Wait until purple is the dominant color and then go BAMFinite.

• Markot
    Markot Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options

I know. But after strange sights grind, new PVE event clear and around 2 hours playing Labyrinth I've finished some of those Quandaries and as next this 160 purple appeared. My next playing time will be tomorow at similar time (PVE grind and clear, 20-25 PVP missions). But at this time there will be a new set of Quandaries.
    So I just wanted to know, how hard were the following and what were rewards for finishing them.

• Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options

7 match 4s
    30 black matches
    45 TU matches
    Remove 100 red tiles
    Remove 160 purple tiles
    Remove 260 red tiles.

I'm on the 260 red tile one and I think it's the last as we're due to have six a day. Gets 26,000 ISO but didn't note the other rewards.

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Jormagund said:
    7 match 4s
    30 black matches
    45 TU matches
    Remove 100 red tiles
    Remove 160 purple tiles
    Remove 260 red tiles.

I'm on the 260 red tile one and I think it's the last as we're due to have six a day. Gets 26,000 ISO but didn't note the other rewards.

45 TU earns 4500 ISO
    100 red tiles, 10k iso

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options

OK I'm here who am I fighting?