Champions 2.0 Post-launch FAQ and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

With totally meh characters like Peggy 5* imo it's better to choose a good 4* for to ascend.
    It will be easier to level up than a 5* and you already know that it's good.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

True, but getting a 4* to level 370 could take years. Champing a classic meta 5* is much easier

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I've just fought a only 451 level Blob.
    With 113k health and spawning 600 strength protects, I don't understand how that Blob could be compared with Peggy 5*, Doom GD, even BRB.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,494 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bbigler said:
    True, but getting a 4* to level 370 could take years. Champing a classic meta 5* is much easier

Yes, but with bonus shards either one is a lot easier. I've put like 50 levels on my bonus 4* in the last three weeks. While that does represent probably around 300 LT pulls and a host of others so we can't take that as typical, it still adds up quickly. So getting a 4* to 370 (twice, ideally,) is probably a lot faster that that.

Tell you what, let me find my most recently released 4* that's at 370, hang on...

It's Hulkling, though I feel I added a few levels to him via bonus shards. Not a lot, but definitely some. Puck, right behind him, is the same since I wanted Colossus levels. Most of their contemporaries (from a year ago) are in the 330s. Going back another year gets me to the 350s. So we can safely say 2-3 years with normal token opening, at least at a reasonably high level of play.

• Altair22
    Altair22 Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Bad said:
    With 113k health and spawning 600 strength protects, I don't understand how that Blob could be compared with Peggy 5*, Doom GD, even BRB.

Ouch , yah a ascended boosted blob is scary, my Ascended base 1 storm to 5 stars currently 469 lvl boosted to 588 lvl in the current PVPs and PVEs with 123784 health and with its black hailstorm power (9 cost), spawns 37 516 strength attack tiles. Paired with Captain America first avenger 5 stars, the duo is formidable, use the Storm black power then hit the enemy with the Capt america blue, ive seen 120K health enemies get taken down with one hit.

• Altair22
    Altair22 Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Bad said:

currently got three base 4 stars ascended to 5 stars namely Medusa 450 lvl, Moon Knight 450 lvl and Valkyrie 451 lvl.

• bbigler
    Options

@GrimSkald
    Putting 16-17 covers on a favorite 4-star per week does not seem typical. My rate of bonus shards for 4-stars is about 4 - 8 per week. I see your point though that someone can ascend a specific 4* within 6 months. My point is that someone can champ a Classic 5-star in half that time. Of course, a younger player could do both simultaneously to build a killer duo.

• aziraphale
    aziraphale Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options

Any word on when the next wave of ascendable characters will release?

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

When will then be now?

Soon.

• DigitHAL9000
    DigitHAL9000 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options

Question:
    Do ascended characters count as championed characters in milestone missions?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DigitHAL9000 said:
    Question:

No, they don't.

• DigitHAL9000
    DigitHAL9000 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@DigitHAL9000 said:
    Question:

No, they don't.

****!
    Thank you.

• Dayraven
    Dayraven Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options

Though as they’ve already been championed once, they’ve already been potential contributors to milestone awards at their original level.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So it finally happened...I have my first ever duplicate 4* cover. It is for Captain Marvel but I am actually a bit torn. Do I want to build a 13 cover dupe knowing that the only real point is to then ascend Carol but that means no longer having a 4* champed Carol. I already have 5& Carol fully covered and ready to champ so it isn't like I need shards so there isn't any real reason not to start the dupe building process but...I dunno. With the lower tiers it isn't a big deal to champ people or even max champed 3's but 4* are a different matter. I guess I haven't really done much ascending so far so it hasn't got the gold fever on me yet - I dunno if Carol was even in the ascendable list for now but obviously that is irrelevant as I have to decide to roster the dupe regardless.

Hmm.

• JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    So it finally happened...I have my first ever duplicate 4* cover. It is for Captain Marvel but I am actually a bit torn. Do I want to build a 13 cover dupe knowing that the only real point is to then ascend Carol but that means no longer having a 4* champed Carol. I already have 5& Carol fully covered and ready to champ so it isn't like I need shards so there isn't any real reason not to start the dupe building process but...I dunno. With the lower tiers it isn't a big deal to champ people or even max champed 3's but 4* are a different matter. I guess I haven't really done much ascending so far so it hasn't got the gold fever on me yet - I dunno if Carol was even in the ascendable list for now but obviously that is irrelevant as I have to decide to roster the dupe regardless.

Hmm.

All you need to do is max champ the dupe (to maximise rewards) then ascend, then recruit another dupe so you still have your 4* version. Come back to us in 10 years' time and let us know how you're getting on.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@JimboJambo said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Hmm.

All you need to do is max champ the dupe (to maximise rewards) then ascend, then recruit another dupe so you still have your 4* version. Come back to us in 10 years' time and let us know how you're getting on.

Yeah, I'm not one of those guys who is scared of missing out or worried about "playing optimally" so if I do it then she is getting ascended first chance I get unless it starts raining Carol covers.

• bbigler
    Options

@DAZ0273 There’s no need to worry about losing a 4-star version of Carol. There’s no need to worry about losing the original tier of any character; as long as you have a couple characters in each tier to fight with, then you’re good. DDQ is the only regular event with tier requirements, everything else does not.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bbigler said:
    @DAZ0273 There’s no need to worry about losing a 4-star version of Carol. There’s no need to worry about losing the original tier of any character; as long as you have a couple characters in each tier to fight with, then you’re good. DDQ is the only regular event with tier requirements, everything else does not.

So far.
    Who knows how this will play out.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Yeah - I am not overly 100% convinced that what was is what always will be. We are at the very beginning of this thing and unless they make a way to Un-ascend a character then any choice we make is irrevocable.

One of the reasons I got caught out by this and don't have an already big bunch of ascended 3* was due to the established conceit that you farm 3* meaning you sell max champs. That didn't end up turning out too well for me when they pulled that rug. I'm not very interested in playing the full on bloat dupe everybody game either right now so I am treading carefully.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,955 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don't think there is any chance they will ever allow someone to unascend a character. If they ever did, players would immediately ask for a way to unlevel characters too (something that has been asked for since literally day 1 that's never been allowed).

I continue to believe (something I've mentioned several times in the last year or more) their their unstated goal is to get players into 5* land ASAP. Everything they've done (ascension, 5* easier to obtain than ever thanks to boss events and better odds in classics, better odds on bonus shards, selling 1* ascended to 5* for $20 etc) only reinforced that idea. The reason is that the game is only releasing new content (characters) for the end game and has been for years so they need a way to get new players into the end game in a years time frame.

KGB