New Feature - Champions 2.0 (Live with R287)

Options

Comments

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I took her into a lightning round with Carbage against a thor/shang team and got washed, so it didn’t seem awesome against 5* peers in an unboosted environment.

Did you check if her actual healing or tiles were as advertised, or perhaps bugged?

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Also, he played a special tile team against Thoress who will wipe the board clean pretty easily.

• StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options

Yeah, the Ragnarok green damage to allies gets out of hand pretty quickly: from 2805 enemies/535 allies dmg at lvl.266 to 4561 enemies/3099 allies dmg at lvl. 304 (ascended)

This feels a little too unbalanced IMO.

• thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options

Wait so is it better to ascend two maxed champed 4s or just ascend one maxed champed 4 with one none champed max 4?

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Anyone noticing extra rewards?

• Pantera236
    Options

When I did Talos and Super Skrull I got like 3 times as many LL and at least 3 times asuch CP maybe more.

• Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Yes I documented this in the other thread. It was 4x for 4-stars ascended to 5s.

• Pantera236
    Options

Lol yeah I posted here and then seen the other thread.

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I needed to champ one more 4* for the next milestone reward. However, ascending a 3* didn’t update the milestone.

• Itsmeabxab
    Itsmeabxab Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options

So until this is patched there’s going to be some upper level players that get months of rewards in a day.. lol

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Itsmeabxab said:
    So until this is patched there’s going to be some upper level players that get months of rewards in a day.. lol

It's not even high level players, anyone who hasn't sold off dupe 3*. I'm so glad I kept mine and I was thinking of selling them off a few months ago.

If I learnt anything from this game it's hoarding wins every time.

Even the thousands of standard tokens I've been too lazy to open. Every time they bring out a new feature, hoarding wins.

• Itsmeabxab
    Itsmeabxab Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options

I’ve spent tons on this game, and now for me to use this new feature I need to spend tons more on roster slots.. no thanks

• stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Ptahhotep said:
    I needed to champ one more 4* for the next milestone reward. However, ascending a 3* didn’t update the milestone.

I expect that it's because you need to "promote" a 4* for it to count, which is the button you press when you create a champ from a 13-cover max-lvl non-champ. Here you "ascend" a 3* directly to an already champed 4*, so the "promotion" steps gets skipped.

• bluspiritseeker
    bluspiritseeker Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options

With the all-of-a-sudden need for HP and ISO, how is everyone prioritizing their characters now, in terms of level-up, ascending, etc.? I took a break since Spring and, with this, have NO idea how to proceed again.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

@bbigler said:
    @Bad @entrailbucket
    You don’t need to pay ISO leveling costs and champ fees in subsequent tiers. When ascending, they start as baby champs. So, you only need to pay for the base tier, everything else is “free”.

So that means the costs are one of these:
    16 x max level 1-stars
    8 x 2-star champs
    4 x 3-Star champs
    2 x 4-Star champs

None of those options get near 1 million

I couldn't ascend psylocke until paying the iso for champing her, like I was saying.
    So ascending 2 4s: 365k iso each one, plus all the 3s.
    1 million iso more or less.
    A lot more than a bit less.

• KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    Options

Ascended Ragnarok 3* to 4*, my first one, and sadly he doesn't get the boost in lightning round, only the 3* version. Sorry if someone already posted this info.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

@bluspiritseeker said:
    With the all-of-a-sudden need for HP and ISO, how is everyone prioritizing their characters now, in terms of level-up, ascending, etc.? I took a break since Spring and, with this, have NO idea how to proceed again.

This is a good question. It's going to take some time to identify the new optimal strategy.

In the meantime, I would suggest going with the standard, conservative strategies of hoarding non-expiring resources wherever possible, and spending only the bare minimum to ensure that you don't lose expiring resources (e.g., save all your HP generally, BUT spend it on slots to make sure you don't lose any covers, etc).

I think that immediately back-filling lower tiers after ascending characters is a smart move (i.e., use at least 1 cover to roster a new 3* dupe of a 3* when you ascend them to 4*). You will eventually want the dupe for subsequent ascents, and this ensures that you will never be locked out of any PVE essential nodes.

Otherwise, in terms of strategy for who to ascend first, there doesn't seem to be a heavy up-front tax on ascension so "as they bear" seems like the right strategy. The biggest question for me is which 3* and 4* characters to target. I have typically focused on getting shards for the newer 5* releases so that I can maximize my chance to get each new release champed before they leave the LT pool without need to spend any cp. But I may switch my 4* target over to medusa and then cyclops, both of whom I have at 350+ and both of whom would be very fun at the 5* level (though I expect medusa will be much more important than cyclops in terms of the meta-game).

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Medusa isn’t all that meta unboosted, just wanted to temper that enthusiasm.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bluspiritseeker said:

Ascending freed up 23 roster slots for me.
    YMMV.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Medusa isn’t all that meta unboosted, just wanted to temper that enthusiasm.

Will ascended 4* s ever be boosted? Is an ascended medusa 550+ when 4* medusa is boosted for the week? If not my reckoning might change, but I expect medusa, karnak, and rogue, at the very least, to have utility in the 5* tier).

She won't match the best teams in terms of damage output. But she is automatic, passive damage and also does two other useful things passively (healing and ap generation). Those are reliable, exploitable abilities. so I expect that she will be a reliable 3rd option for many teams and potentially even a useful PVP scarecrow with the right partner.