***** Miles Morales (Carnage Symbiote) *****

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

And here we are with another add product of the new marvel comic. Miles had enough power and charisma to have her own 5* version without any symbiote but Marvel commands.
    This is becoming meme flesh quickly, just add any symbiote to any character and you have the 5* version.
    The character seems ok, but actually he is an anti spider character, and a great Mthor ally, if Mthor actually needed any ally, although yes it could be used without Mthor for less effectiveness.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@BlackBoltRocks said:

Nobody is going to be up in arms over missing out on Gwenom.

I'm not sure there's anything people won't find a way to be mortally offended by.

(I anticipate a measure of grief for using a preposition to end a sentence with).

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DrClever said:

@BlackBoltRocks said:

Nobody is going to be up in arms over missing out on Gwenom.

I'm not sure there's anything people won't find a way to be mortally offended by.

(I anticipate a measure of grief for using a preposition to end a sentence with).

That's nothing to worry about. I wouldn't be concerned where any grief comes from.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Okay, you seem to know what you are talking about.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,677 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Nothing could go wrong, nothing

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

So normally charged tiles do 300% damage and earn 3x AP, does this power set reduce that down to 55% damage or increase it to 355%? And are web tiles doing 55% of their base damage, or 155% of their base damage?

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@nwahs086 said:

@GrimSkald said:

@nwahs086 said:
    I was hoping the next two 5 stars after Omega Red would be meta, 0 for 1 so far.

I finished my Vulture. He's not bad, but he's not Meta, I'd say, but Meta characters are few and far between. Honestly, I'd argue that Omega Red isn't - his only good power is his countdown and that's a very destructible condition. Even without people who specifically destroy it, it goes away a lot.

I'd say he's very good (i.e. a top pick when boosted,) but not meta.

I leveled my Omega Red to 474 when he was new and boosted, and he speeds up PVE with 550 Okoye when his black tile is at boosted levels. I'm gonna get him to at least 500 once I decide which bunch of 5s I want to pull.

Reasonable. He's definitely good for PVE with Apoc or Okoye. I might do the same, I haven't decided, but at the very least I'll aim to get him into the 470s or 480s.

He's great for PVE and with the right partner he's good (when boosted) for PVP, but my definition of "meta" (or "S" tier,) is "you'll frequently use them even when not boosted with the right partner." So for me that's Okoye (though she's waning, I'll still use her,) Apoc, SWitch, Shang (though not for PVP,) Kang (for now,) Chasm (for now,) ... maybe Colossus? Anyway, I think Omega Red may fit in with Shang as only unboosted in PVE, but Shang is better since he lets you hit so high above your weight class, OR just speeds things up.

Regardless, I think Miles is B tier (Use when boosted unless there's a better boosted character available,) maybe even C tier (Really low on the "use when boosted" scale,) though his charged mechanic is interesting...

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    So normally charged tiles do 300% damage and earn 3x AP, does this power set reduce that down to 55% damage or increase it to 355%? And are web tiles doing 55% of their base damage, or 155% of their base damage?

Yes.
    It totally won't be bugged.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

But...which is the intended behavior?

Either way, I suspect he could be pretty fun with Jane Thor/negasonic if you're a fan of cascadery.

• Bowgentle
    edited September 2023
    Options

But his special tiles clash with Jane.
    I have no idea what he actually does, need to play him.
    Such a weird design.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The dmg per AP on his Red power is good, BUT 10 Red is expensive. I’d rather use Gamora’s 9 Red AOE.

But you can match charged tiles to easily get 10 Red? Can you really? That’s a gamble; charged tiles could be matched by either team and if you chase them they may not be in a color you need.

He’s not really a web tile character, he’s designed to remove web tiles actually.

He would go well with MThor though, but overall, I don’t like him

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Also red power stuns Miles in the same amount of turns than the target, up to 2 turns, something not really funny so Mthor should be there making good use of the charged tiles he creates.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,977 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

@bbigler said:
    The dmg per AP on his Red power is good, BUT 10 Red is expensive. I’d rather use Gamora’s 9 Red AOE.

But you can match charged tiles to easily get 10 Red? Can you really? That’s a gamble; charged tiles could be matched by either team and if you chase them they may not be in a color you need.

He’s not really a web tile character, he’s designed to remove web tiles actually.

He would go well with MThor though, but overall, I don’t like him

It's kind of weird because he's making attack tiles too, and he wants to match them, not destroy them, I think? Thor will destroy them all.

Just reading his powers, I can't figure out what he really wants to be doing -- it seems a bit conflicted. But they've made a few guys that read that way to me (notably High Evolutionary), that turned out pretty good. So I trust them, I think, but I think I'll need to play him to sort it out.

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Dear good, you need a PhD to look through that feeder tree…

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 271 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Yes, tired of the spider-verse characters.

But why is 4* Miles feeding two 5-stars? 5* Kingpin is currently fed by 4* Kingpin and Miles. Now Miles is feeding both? That would mean that 5* Miles has half a feeder.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@Zalasta said:

But why is 4* Miles feeding two 5-stars? 5* Kingpin is currently fed by 4* Kingpin and Miles. Now Miles is feeding both? That would mean that 5* Miles has half a feeder.

He still gives six covers for 5* Miles, you're not missing anything.
    Shuri also feeds two 5s, the primary 5 gets six covers.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 960 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@Zalasta said:

He still gives six covers for 5* Miles, you're not missing anything.
    Shuri also feeds two 5s, the primary 5 gets six covers.

That's if this Miles becomes the primary 5 for 4* Miles. It's not clearly marked which of the two will be the primary for him.

Since they are both Miles, it would be reasonable for this to be the primary relationship.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Yeah I just assumed that he'll be the primary feeder.

• nwahs086
    nwahs086 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@nwahs086 said:

@GrimSkald said:

@nwahs086 said:
    I was hoping the next two 5 stars after Omega Red would be meta, 0 for 1 so far.

I finished my Vulture. He's not bad, but he's not Meta, I'd say, but Meta characters are few and far between. Honestly, I'd argue that Omega Red isn't - his only good power is his countdown and that's a very destructible condition. Even without people who specifically destroy it, it goes away a lot.

I'd say he's very good (i.e. a top pick when boosted,) but not meta.

I leveled my Omega Red to 474 when he was new and boosted, and he speeds up PVE with 550 Okoye when his black tile is at boosted levels. I'm gonna get him to at least 500 once I decide which bunch of 5s I want to pull.

Reasonable. He's definitely good for PVE with Apoc or Okoye. I might do the same, I haven't decided, but at the very least I'll aim to get him into the 470s or 480s.

He's great for PVE and with the right partner he's good (when boosted) for PVP, but my definition of "meta" (or "S" tier,) is "you'll frequently use them even when not boosted with the right partner." So for me that's Okoye (though she's waning, I'll still use her,) Apoc, SWitch, Shang (though not for PVP,) Kang (for now,) Chasm (for now,) ... maybe Colossus? Anyway, I think Omega Red may fit in with Shang as only unboosted in PVE, but Shang is better since he lets you hit so high above your weight class, OR just speeds things up.

Regardless, I think Miles is B tier (Use when boosted unless there's a better boosted character available,) maybe even C tier (Really low on the "use when boosted" scale,) though his charged mechanic is interesting...

The good and bad thing with Omega Red is that he has a hard counter with Mighty Thor. Facing Red isn't impossible, but his constant damage is annoying and will make you use health packs unless you use Mighty Thor. When going against her, you just need to match her charge tiles or hope your countdown pops up in a corner. After 4 or fewer turns, she's dead. In PVP he's good when boosted. I used him with Apoc or half Thor. In PVE he's A tier not boosted, S tier if he's above 500 or boosted. I used him with Okoye and iHulk, and Okoye and Gore. He's fast and has a true heal.