***** Miles Morales (Carnage Symbiote) *****

Comments

• nwahs086
    nwahs086 Posts: 89 Match Maker

@GrimSkald said:

@nwahs086 said:
    I was hoping the next two 5 stars after Omega Red would be meta, 0 for 1 so far.

I finished my Vulture. He's not bad, but he's not Meta, I'd say, but Meta characters are few and far between. Honestly, I'd argue that Omega Red isn't - his only good power is his countdown and that's a very destructible condition. Even without people who specifically destroy it, it goes away a lot.

I'd say he's very good (i.e. a top pick when boosted,) but not meta.

I leveled my Omega Red to 474 when he was new and boosted, and he speeds up PVE with 550 Okoye when his black tile is at boosted levels. I'm gonna get him to at least 500 once I decide which bunch of 5s I want to pull.

• leviticuschom
    leviticuschom Posts: 65 Match Maker
    edited September 2023

feeling tepid on this one, but looks useful. Was really hoping there'd be some great synergy with Gwenom, this purple is far better. Too much color overlap - we just had a lackluster symbiote (Jeff) of the same color set. This whole symbiote summer thing just isn't happening if Vrex is probably the best one. At least the store is okay, Kingpin IMO maybe the best rebalance and a reason worth pulling.

Looks like a good partner for MThor / looks like a perfect target for MThor.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,716 Chairperson of the Boards

@nwahs086 said:

@GrimSkald said:

@nwahs086 said:
    I was hoping the next two 5 stars after Omega Red would be meta, 0 for 1 so far.

I finished my Vulture. He's not bad, but he's not Meta, I'd say, but Meta characters are few and far between. Honestly, I'd argue that Omega Red isn't - his only good power is his countdown and that's a very destructible condition. Even without people who specifically destroy it, it goes away a lot.

I leveled my Omega Red to 474 when he was new and boosted, and he speeds up PVE with 550 Okoye when his black tile is at boosted levels. I'm gonna get him to at least 500 once I decide which bunch of 5s I want to pull.

I think Omega Red has lost an awful lot of value, assuming Chasm disappears. The two biggest advantages he had were "does damage while stunned" and "damage becomes permanent if the CD expires" and both of those are kind of pointless now.

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler

So will Carnage Miles be the primary feed of 4-Star Miles or a secondary?

Because it says Kingpin is “Unchanged”.

• nwahs086
    nwahs086 Posts: 89 Match Maker

@entrailbucket said:

@nwahs086 said:

@GrimSkald said:

@nwahs086 said:

I think Omega Red has lost an awful lot of value, assuming Chasm disappears. The two biggest advantages he had were "does damage while stunned" and "damage becomes permanent if the CD expires" and both of those are kind of pointless now.

Yeah, for PVP he was only good when both Omega Red and Apoc were boosted. I did beat a bunch of Chasm/iHulk teams with Okoye and Omega Red. I'll use him mostly for PVE.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards

As I am looking at this I feel red is just too expensive. It might do decent damage but it feels like it will need a lot of charge tiles out in order to do decent damage for 10 AP.

Purple passive sounds good. 3 web tiles seems light for the active but it’s cheap. I think the passive on attack tiles is his self synergy.

Green 6 1249 attack tiles is extremely good. 3 enemy tiles is not. But this feeds his passive immensely.

I think 5* carnage will be a great partner for him. Being able to spam the board with attack tiles and use the 55% additional match damage.

He will also be interesting with Chasm with all those web tiles

I think 3,5,5 will be his build.

Overall I am torn between him and venomsaurus

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,716 Chairperson of the Boards

Doesn't Venom-Rex also have a power with "cannot resurrect" as a major advantage/selling point?

A bunch of these guys are going to lose value if the new metagame ends up Chasm-less.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,054 Chairperson of the Boards

The only problem I have with his kit is that he can’t be teamed with 4* miles and match web tiles to speed him up.

Looks like I’ll have to find another way.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker

@IceIX is his purple passive a bonus modifier to match damage or a separate additional proc like Magick's?

• Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 177 Tile Toppler

Enough with the Spider-Verse characters for crying out loud. This Miles and the 3 Star Miles makes it 6 Spidey characters in a row

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

So his release store will have Kingpin and Gwenom - who will JUST have left latest.
    Who comes up with this?

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 595 Critical Contributor

@Bowgentle said:
    So his release store will have Kingpin and Gwenom - who will JUST have left latest.
    Who comes up with this?

I would argue, that there's barely any webbers in 5star, and kingpin is the wasted opportunity here.

• Bowgentle

My point is we don't need more ways to pull Gwenom.
    Anyone who wanted her just had 12 weeks to pull her.

• Omegased

@Bowgentle said:

I guess we really don't know who these stores are for.

Personally I never pull from these stores. I have every 5-star champed (aside from Sinister, Yelena & Rescue). I would only consider pulling if Okoye was in there. I always Pull from LL store.

My guess is these stores are for people nowhere near as advanced as my/our rosters. They're for people filling out their 5s, or opportunities to get synergy characters along with a new release. These people are clearly not hoarding their CP, so probably didn't pull as much from the latest than expected.

If it's that - I think it's ok.

• Bowgentle

If they're not hoarding, how do they have the CP to pull from new release stores with CP?

• Omegased

Do they? or are they saving 100 odd and that's it?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,150 Chairperson of the Boards

That arm thing hurts my eyes to look at. I don't even know what to do now - I guess try and finish Omega before this montrosity hits. I definitely want no more Gwenom and don't care about the Dinosaur. Ugh...the two most terrible looking releases in a very long time visually and boringly predictable powers.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor

@wymtime said:
    As I am looking at this I feel red is just too expensive.

At least he's making charged tiles I suppose, that might help.

@Bowgentle said:

But if they let her rotate out just as this release happened then all the people who skipped her because of the lack of a web partner would be up in multiple arms about that. I don't think they can win on these sort of choices.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,150 Chairperson of the Boards

@DrClever said:

@wymtime said:
    As I am looking at this I feel red is just too expensive.

At least he's making charged tiles I suppose, that might help.

@Bowgentle said:

But if they let her rotate out just as this release happened then all the people who skipped her because of the lack of a web partner would be up in multiple arms about that. I don't think they can win on these sort of choices.

That must be why Miles has multiple arms...

• TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker

@Reaper70 said:
    They might as well change the name from Marvel Puzzle Quest to Spider-Man Puzzle Quest !! This is getting ridiculous !!!

Unless the anniversary is going to include a surprise new PvE where we're facing symbiote characters, I do think this theme has been stretched to farcical proportions now - not sure if devs imagined symbiotes would be fan favorites, but they haven't been and they aren't even good characters so this is overall quite a slog.
    Sadly there sure to be at least one more this year to coincide with Spider-Man 2 (I guess Symbiote Spider-Man and/or Kraven), but then I really hope we can just draw a line under the 2023 'symbiote saga' and not see anything like it in 2024.

On the positive side, I like his "At the start of Miles’ turn, if there are less than 5 Charged tiles on the board, create 1 tile(s)" passive - will make it OK to drop him into a generic team when he's boosted.