The MPQ Grapevine: Summer/Fall 2023 Edition

Options
123457»

Comments

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options

Feels like Infinity Stones are the best target for wildcards.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,957 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Grizwald said:
    Feels like Infinity Stones are the best target for wildcards.

Certainly it makes sense to favorite up the Power / Time Stones that we got at R3 all the way to R5.

It's still not clear from reading the description that you can obtain supports you don't own yet via shards though. The reason I say that is the table 'How many shards to rank up' shows what's needed to go from R1->R2, R2->R3,R3->R4, R4->R5 and 28000 once at R5 for a dup. But what is doesn't show is how to go from not having the support at all to having a R1 version of the support.

KGB

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 716 Critical Contributor
    Options

I didn't see anything in the write up about if you can chose a support you don't have rostered as a favorite the way we can with a character not on our roster. I have three more stones to collect.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@KGB which supports are you thinking are most important? Just curious your thoughts (or really everyone can answer). 😄

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,957 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2023
    Options

Depends on which characters you are using (ie stage of the game)

1) Carols Communicator / Lucky Pizza Dog - These provide true heal when any team member matches SAP tiles so great if you using Polaris/Grocket/BrB etc. Carol's even better in that it can provide 2 free defense tiles of very high strength (600+) reducing match damage.
    2) Chewie - Provides attack tiles when supported character makes match. Handy in DDQ Crash when you have under covered 4 stars. Also useful in a few Puzzle Gauntlet nodes or with Polaris etc.
    3) Taskmasters Sword - Extra damage vs Heroes. Essentially for DDQ Crash only
    4) Chimichanga - Extra Red and Purple AP when character matches Red/Purple. Especially great for Shang and useful for any character who does damage on a Red or Purple power.
    5) Royal Talon Fighter - For Okoye primarily
    6) Pocket Radio - Adds really high match damage (300ish) on Red, Green and Black for 4 star and under characters (useless for 5s).
    7) Gamma Rays - Specialty item for Hulk characters. Really handy on 5 star She Hulk when used with an SAP team (BRB/Polaris)
    8) Power Stone - Extra Purple AP when matching Purple (Shang again or any purple user). Plus 10% chance to fire a power for free every time you make a match (max once per turn).
    9) Any of the supports that give +X AP at start of battle (esp the ones giving +5 AP). There are multiple supports that do this for all colors but Blue. Can help you fire powers turn 1 (I have +X Yellow supports on 3 star Iron Man, 3 and 5 star Kang and 5 star Hawkeye so I can fire Iron Mans recharge turn 1 and on turn 3 away the entire enemy team)

KGB

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

In addition to KGB's post:

Sharon Carter is a good alternative to Chimichanga for Shang Chi - you sacrifice extra red gain for improved critical multiplier.

Element Guns is good on 5Riri, generating green for her stun when you fire her other cheap powers.

Kamar Taj works well with Wong or on other SAP teams.

Arc Reactor on an Iron Man plus Proxima Midnight on a villain means you generally start with enough red to fire 5Riri's AoE which clears the first two or three nodes on turn 0.

I look forward to the reworks of some of the currently less useful supports.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@KGB said:
    Depends on which characters you are using (ie stage of the game)

1) Carols Communicator / Lucky Pizza Dog - These provide true heal when any team member matches SAP tiles so great if you using Polaris/Grocket/BrB etc. Carol's even better in that it can provide 2 free defense tiles of very high strength (600+) reducing match damage.
    2) Chewie - Provides attack tiles when supported character makes match. Handy in DDQ Crash when you have under covered 4 stars. Also useful in a few Puzzle Gauntlet nodes or with Polaris etc.
    3) Taskmasters Sword - Extra damage vs Heroes. Essentially for DDQ Crash only
    4) Chimichanga - Extra Red and Purple AP when character matches Red/Purple. Especially great for Shang and useful for any character who does damage on a Red or Purple power.
    5) Royal Talon Fighter - For Okoye primarily
    6) Pocket Radio - Adds really high match damage (300ish) on Red, Green and Black for 4 star and under characters (useless for 5s).
    7) Gamma Rays - Specialty item for Hulk characters. Really handy on 5 star She Hulk when used with an SAP team (BRB/Polaris)
    8) Power Stone - Extra Purple AP when matching Purple (Shang again or any purple user). Plus 10% chance to fire a power for free every time you make a match (max once per turn).
    9) Any of the supports that give +X AP at start of battle (esp the ones giving +5 AP). There are multiple supports that do this for all colors but Blue. Can help you fire powers turn 1 (I have +X Yellow supports on 3 star Iron Man, 3 and 5 star Kang and 5 star Hawkeye so I can fire Iron Mans recharge turn 1 and on turn 3 away the entire enemy team)

KGB

I regularly/daily use:
    Lucky 3*
    Vibranium Ore 5*
    Atlantis 3*
    Avengers Tower 5*
    Sanctum Santorum 5*
    SP//DR 3*
    Corvus 3*
    RTW 4*
    Omnipotence City 4*
    Sharon Carter 5*
    Quantum Realm 5*
    Taskmaster’s Sword 3*
    Chewie 4*
    Chimichanga 5*
    Destroyer Gun 3*

I have the Power, Time, and Reality stones each at 3*, but surprisingly don’t use them regularly.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything that was obvious to everyone else but me. I’ll probably just pick one of the 3s that I’d like to get up to a 5.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options

From Discord:

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 716 Critical Contributor
    Options

@skittledaddy said:
    From Discord:

Well that's a kick to the twig & berries. Thanks for the share.

This discussion has been closed.