The MPQ Grapevine: Summer/Fall 2023 Edition

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,180 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I hope there will ultimately be some sort of progression reward component to them, but I did prefer dual boss events too. Boss event plus a standard PVE for what it’s worth.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    Options
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This must be one of the lesser tie-ins we have had assuming that is what it is for (could just be random I guess). I did a google search and Peni racks up an incredible 13 seconds in Across the Spider-verse screen time, making Rescue look like the star of Endgame!

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,494 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    This must be one of the lesser tie-ins we have had assuming that is what it is for (could just be random I guess). I did a google search and Peni racks up an incredible 13 seconds in Across the Spider-verse screen time, making Rescue look like the star of Endgame!

I read about her when I saw the original Spider-Verse movie - she's basically a bit more light-hearted "Neon Genesis Evangelion" version of Spider-Man. Conceptually, it's pretty neat IMO.

I gotta say, it's really weird to see all the complaints on FB.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@DAZ0273 said:

I read about her when I saw the original Spider-Verse movie - she's basically a bit more light-hearted "Neon Genesis Evangelion" version of Spider-Man. Conceptually, it's pretty neat IMO.

I gotta say, it's really weird to see all the complaints on FB.

Ha ha, I didn't actually read the FB posts!

Goes and quickly checks

Seems about normal to me!

• DAZ0273
    Options

At least Reddit probably loves this, right?

Goes and quickly checks Reddit

Oh.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Welp, everyone getting sick of the spider characters.
    Not a surprise, really.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Somebody did give me a chuckle on FB when they suggested a symbiote version called Penom.

• Bowgentle
    edited September 2023
    Options

I just hope she feeds someone, another 4 who doesn't feed wouldn't be great.

• DAZ0273
    Options

If she doesn't feed Venom-Dino then I think they will take Devil Dino out of Limited status and give it to him (probably at Anniversary). Unless there is a 5/3 Miles somewhere down the line.

• Bowgentle
    Options

One would expect 4* Miles to feed that hypothetical 5* Miles.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Agreed. Not entirely sure a 5* Miles is going to be wildly different anyway. The downside to some of these 5 & 3s is that the 4* version if they exist is often already iconic.

Oh well I guess we either find out today via a very later forum update or we find out tomorrow via in game.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Ha ha - Reddit for the win with this:

Can we have a break from spider verse? Please add marvel classics like Gladiator, Cyber or Black heart. Ty

Oh lordy, now that is funny!!! :D:D:D

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Probably penny will be pretty op as many spider characters, while poor peter parker has 6 iterations in the game and after 3* tier slowly it becomes worse with each one.

• DAZ0273
    edited September 2023
    Options

I wanted for 5* Pete to get a rebalance but it seems not many other people fancied that idea JUDGING BY HIS CLASSIC PACK VOTE POPULARITY. He and Gwenom might have been able to work together if between them they could produce a few more web tiles or something. I dunno about the Dinosaur, I haven't really got him covered or anything.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Ha ha - Reddit for the win with this:

Can we have a break from spider verse? Please add marvel classics like Gladiator, Cyber or Black heart. Ty

Oh lordy, now that is funny!!! :D:D:D

I don't know how many times I can say this -- MPQ has like a billion characters already and they've added basically everyone who has ever or will ever matter. They've been scraping the bottom of the barrel for years now.

Complaints about new characters always end up being "What an outrage! I can't believe they're adding [relatively unknown guy X] before adding [relatively unknown guy Y]!!!"

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,180 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah aside from some big name villains, there is definitely a boatload of characters already present. I can definitely see why the early game would have shied away from providing playable villains but I feel the current game nobody really cares about the fictional component of heroes are players and villains are AI.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    I wanted for 5* Pete to get a rebalance

You wanted 5* Pete to get a paste pot.

• DAZ0273
    Options

I guess you could argue the following heroes are strangely absent:

Banshee - member of the team of X-Men that basically made them superstars (I don't count Sunfire as he was around for like 2 issues but he is also absent) even if he does have a castle filled with leprachauns

Hank Pym

Wonder Man - canonically the Avengers second new member apart from the founders. YMMV on him but I think he is an important Marvel character.

Tigra - I am a bit 50/50 on this one but I guess she is a founding Whacko (West Coast Avenger)

Hercules

I suppose you might consider some of the Alpha Flight people. Maybe Vindicator, Sasquatch, Shaman, Snowbird.

Everybody else seems to be in the class of "personal favourite luxury" and I include my own repeat request Captain Britain in that. The first 4 in 1 character of Power Pack would also be very pleasing but understandable as obscurish. Then a bunch of New Mutants or minor characters like Gargoyle or some of the mystical crew.

Anybody else (heroes?)

Oh and of course Paste Pot Pete for villains but we don't even need to question that one unless it was the Hypno Hustler...

This discussion has been closed.